Amy's Mom: Her Death Was 'Only a Matter of Time'

7/24/2011 7:55 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Many people believed Amy Winehouse's hard partying ways would lead to her early death ... including her own mother.

0724_amy_winehouse_mother_janis_getty_bn
Janis Winehouse told The Daily Mirror today she believed Amy's death was "only a matter of time" -- this after seeing her just the day before. She told the paper, "She seemed out of it. But her passing so suddenly still hasn’t hit me."

She said Amy told her she loved her as they parted company on Friday, saying, "They are the words I will always treasure ... I'm glad I saw her when I did."

Athina

How could the Mom intervene? It was business as usual for Amy, no overt crisis. You can't do much with a 27 year old adult with their own life. The mom should not be blamed in any way, whatsoever. There is nothing she could have prevented from happening sooner or later.

TexasBlonde

May God bless her and help carry her through this utterly heartbreaking time. I went through my own bout of a child that was addicted to drugs. That was a long, dark period of my life that many times I was saying silent prayers throughout the day. I was extremely lucky as my child finally did become clean and sober and has been able to stay clean. It is a fight that my child will face each and every day.

Her mother knows better than any of us that you can beg, plead, nag, cuss, cajole, cry and pray, but until the addict is ready to get clean and sober, they will continue to use.

Cyber hugs to Janis Winehouse.

Quinn

May her family find peace.

ARTOFWAR

@@@ (Jeff) YOU SAID-- "My death is also a matter of time."---

Kudos to you Jeff, it's refreshing to read someone on these blogs with some sense.

You are dead on--all our deaths are just a matter of time, but from the sounds of things apparently some folks are under the impression that they themselves will live forever. Boy are they all in for a rude-awakening, or should I say a rude-eternal sleep.

All that lives in a matter of time will cease. But I guess not everyone got the memo....Artofwar

dick hardon

Who Cares? Most of you ******* people commenting never even listened to her ****ty music.........

demoncat

poor mother having to bury her child amy not to mention knowing like a lot of Amy's fan given her contiued drug use that sadly Amy's untimely death was a possibility of becoming a realtiy. my sympathies to her for the loss of her daughter.

Barbara

It is a terrible tragedy that she passed away! Addiction is a horrible disease to fight. You fight it everyday all of your life. No one except those that have been thru the battle of addiction and alcoholism can truly understand. Its not something you can just turn on and off! Once an alcoholic or addict regardless of "rehab" you are always an addict. No one is to blame and the pain her parents must have felt before while she was alive is nothing in comparison to how they must be feeling at the loss of their talented daughter. God bless her family in their time of need.

FaeRae

Thank you "Peoplearesilly" for those remarks. You are so right. Intervention is virtually impossible in those cir****tances. Bad-mouthing Amy's mother is not cool.

JJ

FOR AMY WINEHOUSES MOM TO SAY SUCH THINGS GOTTA BE HEART WRENCHING TO FORESEE HER CHILD'S DEATH BECAUSE OF DRUGS AND ALCOHOL WHATS A MOTHER TO DO ??? WE ALL MAKE CHOICES IN LIFE FOR SOME ITS TO LIVE LIFE ON THE STRAIGHT AND NARROW, SOME FOR THE POSITIVE SOME FOR THE NEGATVIVE WE ALL SHOULD LEARN NOT TO LEAN TOWARDS THE NEGATIVE DRUGS , VIOLENCE, ALCOHOL THAT JUST PROVES IN LIFE THAT BEING
RICH AND FAMOUS DOES NOT MEAN ANYTHING IF YOU DONT LIVE A SELF DISIPLINE LIFE!!!!

elbruce

Always tell your kid you love them whenever they walk out the door, because it costs nothing and you never know.

I won't

Gosh was it so hard to see that she was is pain.. Really?
Will the "real people" please stop dying on us.
Love.

Everyones~A~Star

Condolences to Amys Mother, can not imagine how hard this is for you.

SodaPop

Amy, I don't understand! I truly admired your music and you will be missed. Bless your family my heart goes out to them.

xconsidered

Get it straight...It is "people are crazy, beer is good, god (or Allah, or Buddha) are great! -BILLY CURRINGTON

Sheri

She lost her will to live when Blake married another woman