Craig Ferguson

Cops Investigating Anthrax Scare

8/24/2011 5:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0823_craig-EXD2
Cops raced to CBS Television City in Hollywood yesterday -- after talk show host Craig Ferguson received a letter in the mail containing some serious threats AND an unknown white powder.

Ferguson says the person who wrote the letter claimed the substance was anthrax -- and both of the CBS staffers who were exposed to the letter were quarantined while officials conducted an investigation.

According to the AP, detectives from the LAPD's Major Crimes Unit were working with federal and European agents to find out who sent the letter.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ ... the substance was determined to be cornmeal.

Ferguson has since tweeted about the situation ... saying, "Ack! Someone mailed my show white powder & claimed it was anthrax. I'm not a big fan of that sort of thing."

Last night, Craig joked about the situation on the "Late Late Show."

082411_craig_video2

Captain Obvious

European agents!? I think this letter came from Europe!

CarneyIsGod

Why does everyone go crazy of white powder?

Hello is anybody in there?

OK the baby powder in the envelope thing was so 2002...

DC

"Anthrax", right, we believe you Craig. Just try to keep your quarrels with your crack dealers under the table. Just because you're popular and get your drugs delivered doesn't mean we all have to be privy to what keeps you up "late,late".

BarrysConspiracyWorld

I hope everyone realizes that the anthrax making the news just after 9/11 was part of the scam -- as was the underwear bomber and shoe bomber (who departed airports run by the same security company controlling the WTC). Those supposed "bombers" had no intention of exploding the plane (you don't sit there and try to light a match, you would go to the restroom and light it). They were both mossad agents.

3Storms

Muslims are trying to do in America what they did in Europe to people like Theo Van Gogh: Kill the opposition that dares to speak out against their caliphate

Abi

ummm, cornmeal? really TMZ? think you mean CORNSTARCH. otherwise they found coarse yellow grains and labeled it "unknown white powder"

k

He cracks me up!!

Holiwd1

Craig deserves much more respect as a comedian then he does.. He is one of the Funniest comedians out there today.. He gets my vote for handling this like a true comedian and turning this scarey situation into great material for his show the same damm night!! Just sayin.. ;)

soulofanangel

HUMOR YOUR GAME

Oh my Craig and Oh my Dave

Causing a stir creating a wave,

Humor your game targets your stuff

Your daily routine is getting kind of tough.

Copyright 2011 soulofanangel

some guy

Man, I love it when a hot chick get on the "Price is Right"

cori

I love me some craig ferguson! even in a scary situation he makes it funny!! he is my favorite.

BarrysConspiracyWorld

3storms: You're buying into the whole terror myth. ALL of the media coverage of terrorism and muslim related terror acts in recent years has been 100% synthetic. The media has been complicit in propagating the myth that 911 was caused by Muslim hijackers, when in fact it was pulled off by the USA with help of the mossad.

Margaret Bradley

Is this just a little "one-up-manship" on Letterman!!!!

abi

ummm, cornmeal? really? think you mean CORNSTARCH

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments