'It's So Cold In The D'

Rapper Says She's GRATEFUL

for 'Beavis & Butt-Head' Jokes

11/25/2011 6:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

T-Baby
It pays to be zinged by "Beavis & Butt-Head" ... at least according to the Detroit rapper who's been BLOWIN' UP since the duo featured her music video for the YouTube hit, "It's So Cold in the D" on their show earlier this month.

TMZ spoke with T-Baby -- aka Latonya Miles -- who tells us she doesn't mind that B&B cracked some jokes about her on the MTV show ... because producers forked over a few THOUSAND dollars to get her permission.

T-Baby says, "People have been making fun of me my whole life ... so, it's no big deal because I'm still getting paid from them ... so I'm laughin' all the way to the bank."

T-Baby also says her exposure on the show has given her the "biggest kick off to my career ever."

The rapper says she's getting paid $4k for every year the show featuring her video is aired on MTV -- explaining, "I already got my $4,000 for this year and I'm expecting it every year for the next five years."

me, myself and I

Ghetto Mama Hood Rat hit the jack pot. Cha Ching!!

coco

Did she date Kanye or P. Piddly?

bunny

Good, she can fix her hair now.

kromen

She may want to take an accounting class or two.

JugEars McKenyan Sr..

eh eh eh eh, is that real housewives of Detroit!?? LOLOL...Ya it be beabis and buhhhead!! Whachu say dogg@! I'z already dun gotz my fo thou, and iz bez spectin sum mo fi' munt fum now dogg!!

Christy

Did she say $4,000/year??? Bwhahahaha! Still laughing at housewives of Detroit joke. It was funny.

Criss

"I think she was in The Lion King"
Too funny!

Hawk

Hopefully she won't get robbed in the D.

PT

And MTV is looking forward to their $40M every year for the next 5 years. Lessee = $20k/200M = 0.01%. Yes - one one hundreth of one percent. Cheap expense for B&B.

KRAZY KOOKY KLOWN.

They paid her $4k and an additional $4K per year? WTFF? It's her that should have paid them to play that pathetic horrid piece of cow dung of a video. I bet she now gets more Youtube hits in one day than in 3 months..."It's So Cold In The D"? And I bet that $4k will go to drug money...pathetic...

jack-55d79

In the UK we have a popular satirical, and often toilet humour based, comic called Viz Magazine: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viz_Magazine. When it covers celebrities it's very harsh, but it's also a good sign that someone is recognizable enough to mock. So many celebrities view being mocked in Viz as a sign they've got general public recognition. I don't see how Beavis and Butthead is any different. I think when celebrities get upset about such things it only draws attention to the offending joke and backfires by making it look like they can't take a joke (contrast Kanye West and Carlos Mencia's reactions to 'fish sticks', or Dawkins' humourless response to 'Go God Go' South Park episodes). I don't think they should have to pay people to mock them. I can think of at least two bands I never would have heard about, without Beavis & Butthead.

ME

Hawk: 26 minutes ago

Hopefully she won't get robbed in the D.
************************
Too late...they already got her talent. The PRIDE, gos next.
Stick 'em up!!

Barb

I did a little research on why this lady made this song. "T-baby's" real name is LaTonya Myles. She wrote it for a good friend who was killed at a restaurant. Hence the opening picture of the man lying on the floor. This is LaTonya's friend Mason Graham who lost his life to violence. While most seem prone to ridicule the quality of the video it was quite obvious to me that something very deep and profoundly sad was going on when watching the video. God bless you LaTonya. God see's every tear that drops from your eyes baby. You will see your good friend again one day.

IceGypsy

"is that real housewives of Detroit!??"
LoL I missed these guys :P

AyeJay

Hey, 4k in Detriot is a lot of money. Aren't they selling houses for like 100 dollars?

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments