DMX

Rollin' With the Troops

12/5/2011 3:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

DMX playing wheelchair basketball
DMX is continuing to clean up his image (just not literally this time) as a concert in Texas turned into a visit to injured soldiers.

X was doing a show in San Antonio last Thursday, when a fan asked if he would visit the troops at nearby Fort Sam Houston. X said yes ... and actually kept his word, showing up the next day and playing a little wheelchair basketball with some of the guys (see X score below).

DMX told us, "It made my day as much as it did their day. One told me that I gave him the best early Christmas gift he ever got and that has me still smiling."

GreyWolf

This is awesome. So many rap artists just seem to be out for themselves and what they can get. I'm so glad to see at least one rap artists spend some time with our brave troops that have served, fought, and were injured protecting our rights and freedom. Way to go DMX. : ) Maybe he will lead by example for these other young artists. Except in my opinion DMX has more class then they do.

Jackie

Please TMZ can you get rid of these advertisements in the comment section. They are pointless.

GreyWolf

What's with all of this spam on here now? They are a waste and extremely annoying. :0

Fat Mike

Very sad to see that so many of this generation have had their lives dramatically altered by their bosses (warlords/politicians). They'd be alright in any other country, but you know in the USA these guys will soon be homeless and begging for money on the streets.

DubstepDistribution

this is a nice thing to do

Damn It Man

DMX appears to really be trying to change his life and help others. I hope it sticks, and he doesn't end up back in prison. Glad he went to see these veterans. Maybe it will give him a better understanding of why he should appreciate his own life.

Pris

It is nice to see that he is working on getting his life together. But I believe he always had this good in him. Just maybe not sure how to take the time and express it. I have been watching all of these things he has been doing. What people forget is where they came from, and are blessed where they are at now. Nice to see people give back. As the wife of someone who served in the Marine Corps for 26 years. Great to see him with the troops, having fun. These guys gave so he can have what he has. I think he is a kind soul, and now wants to share it. Good for him, and thank you to him.

PJ

X gonna give it to ya

MIGHTY WRIGHT

i love dmx.he will return.thanks goes to the troops for all you have done and more.

Kat

I know this guy has had his share of bad press in recent years, but it is really awesome to see the change he is making in his life.

Addiction is a horrible disease. More power to him for replacing the negative things in his life with the positive things he has been doing. I wish him the best and if he ever wants to help me come clean at my own house, I'd totally be up for it.

_][ Character_Assassin ][_

I've tried that. It's harder than it looks.

Truth

WHETHER IT'S FOR PR PURPOSES OR NOT, STILL HAVE TO GIVE IT UP TO DMX FOR DOING THESE GOOD DEEDS WITHOUT BEING PAID AND ON HIS OWN TIME... UNLIKE ALL THE OTHER FAKE RAPPERS ON THE MARKET LIKE JAY-Z AND KANYE. ACTIONS NOT WORDS. TRUTH!!

mary

Ive seen and listened to DMX growing up... Have been wanting to try to get in touch with him to see if he would consider visiting an inmate in tdcj.This person is my brother and seeing D doing these great things and overcoming what he has I know it would impact my brother.Please if tmz could help with that please contact me.

Bird

Ya know, despite his faults, I'm going to give DMX the benefit of the doubt and assume that he's genuinely trying to be a good guy. It's nice that he's out here trying to brighten the lives of a few people. Good for you, man! Keep up the good work!

Eric Gordier

DMX actually stopped by Fort Bliss, TX as well last night (12-4-11) He stopped by the Food Court here at the Fort Bliss Post Exchange and was a really cool guy hanging out with all of us and was taking pictures with everyone who wanted a picture. I was fortunate enough to talk to him and get a picture with him..A really genuine guy and greatly appreciated him taking time out to meet all of us soldiers and family members.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments