Toni Braxton Hospitalized

My Lupus Flared Up, But I'm OK

1/12/2012 2:33 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Toni Braxton
Toni Braxton
was transported to an L.A. hospital this week after experiencing some painful "flare ups" stemming from her Lupus condition ... but the singer tells us she'll be "totally fine."

Braxton tells TMZ, "I wanted to say thanks to all my fans for their support, as I have been experiencing some flare ups with my Lupus which has me in the hospital for a few days."

She adds, "I wanted to clear the record before rumors started, and will totally be fine as I'm blessed to having an amazing family for support."

Braxton first opened up about her struggle with the disease last year -- and has been very active in raising awareness about the condition.

Lupus is a condition in which the body's immune system mistakenly attacks healthy tissue. It can affect many different body systems, including joints, skin, kidneys, blood cells, the heart and lungs.

campy

What's a lupus? Is that like the herpes?

TJones

@ Campy, the answer to your question has been clearly stated. re-read it slower next time.

happypat35

Hope you have a speedy recovery. Many blessings.

Nita

I love Toni!!! I hope she will be fine! She is the most mature and calm one in her family! Amazinggg voice. Get better soon. God Bless U ; )

Areader

Get well Toni....God Bless!

boo boo

I have a family member who told all of us she had lupus. For years we all believed her. Turns out, she's just a drunk. We only found out because she wrapped her car around a tree and the doctor told us "she doesn't have lupus, she's dying of liver failure". Lupus was the perfect cover.

Seldombinlaid

We'll be praying for you Toni. Get well Lady, and God Bless.

Lisa

My sister passed away from Lupus 4 years ago. For the longest time I thought she was faking and that it wasn't that bad of a disease. I feel bad now for ever thinking that. Good luck to Toni. Most people can and do live long and productive lives in spite of the Lupus.

Jay W.

Good health and long life to you Toni.

Discretion

I hope you get better Toni!

Celebrities Suck

Get well Toni... God bless

me

This message is to Campy, the one who made the first comment. You are such a douche bag!!! Get a clue *******!!!

Vicki

I have had Lupus for 11 yrs. Sometimes it's fine and other times it is very painful. I am one of the lucky ones that has not had it attack my organs yet. Lupus is chronic. It isn't something that goes away. A "Flare" is like cancer coming out of remission. Good luck Toni and stay strong. Hopefully your Flare will end soon and you will feel good for a while.

Gretel

Wow, I didn't know she had lupus. That sucks. It's a slow killer.

Hisjules