Don Cornelius

911 Call Made By His Son

2/1/2012 10:40 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0131_don_cornelius_EX_03
We now know who made the call to 911 after Don Cornelius shot himself in the head early this morning -- it was his own son.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ ... one of Don's two sons made the call around 4:00 AM ... and paramedics were immediately dispatched to Don's Sherman Oaks home in an effort to save his life.

Don was transported to a nearby hospital -- where he was later pronounced dead.

Cornelius was 75 years old.

tgrfan42069

he shoulda done it on stage so we could boo or cheer

Steve

^^That's showtime at the apollo retard

rini6

Sad. Rumor is that he had a brain tumor. I can't blame him for not wanting to suffer, but there are other ways to go. R.I.P.

bring back recent posts

...and NO tmz...we don't need the 911 call, spare his son at least..allow him the privacy..asking too much???????????

kim

THAT'S SOOO HORRIBLE... POOR GUY... very very sad for all...

chucklehead

what a terrible thing for a child to find.

jetfanglo

you probably will have that call on the site asap.....and i'm sure it will be heartbreaking and UNEDITED........why was demi's call "edited"?i for one don't give a s#!+ about hearing someone's distress ESPECIALLY suicide......how would YOU feel ,harve?...hmmmmm?...there but for the grace of.........................

Cheryl A.

I feel sorry for his son finding him like that. It's hard enough knowing that your parent died. Rest in Peace, Mr. Don. I am glad that you are no longer in physical and/or mental pain.

parlayer

Guess he couldn't stand Obama eithor

Glory Bee

Though I had some enjoyable hours watching Soul Train, I always thought there was something wrong with that guy. Just sooooo arrogant, I even sensed an undercurrent of hatred in him. Committing suicide and doing it so your kid could find you proves my feelings were right. Arrogant and hateful.

Jay

Please TMZ do not post the 911 call of the son who just found his father dead from a self inflected wound.

patty

does any one know what all the health problems he was having were??

HRH Prince Michael

My condolences and prayers, for the Family, Friends, Loved-ones, and Fans of Mr. Cornelius.

When I was 7 or 8 years-old, my late, big-brother Gregory (May The True and Living YAHWEH, bless his soul) bought
a "Soul Train" album...WHEW: "Band of Gold" Freida Payne, "The Want-Ads" The Honeycombs, Curtis Mayfield, The Jackson Five...GREAT music! Thank-you, Mr. Cornelius!

The American REVELATION (3;7), is NOW.
Psalm 2_012 is NOW, The Most Blessed Christ King YESHUA, reigns!

PsyCho

R.I.P. At least he doesnt have to suffer from all of his illnesses.

Robert

Why is TMZ so disrespectful? Why can't they have a little privacy? I mean the guy JUST died! At least wait a week if you have to start pounding us over the head with your gossip crap.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments