Samuel L. Jackson

I Voted for Obama

BECAUSE HE'S BLACK

2/11/2012 6:40 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Barack Obamas politics meant nothing to Samuel L. Jackson
Barack Obama's politics meant nothing to Samuel L. Jackson because the "Pulp Fiction" star only voted for the president for one reason and one reason only ... because he's black.

In an interview with Ebony magazine, Jackson explained, "I voted for Barack because he was black. 'Cuz that's why other folks vote for other people — because they look like them ... That's American politics, pure and simple. [Obama's] message didn't mean [bleep] to me."

Jackson then went on to drop the N-word several times when discussing Obama, telling the mag, "When it comes down to it, they wouldn't have elected a [bleep]. Because, what's a [bleep]? A [bleep] is scary. Obama ain't scary at all. [Bleeps] don't have beers at the White House. [Bleeps] don't let some white dude, while you in the middle of a speech, call [him] a liar. A [bleep] would have stopped the meeting right there and said, ‘Who the [bleep] said that?' I hope Obama gets scary in the next four years, 'cuz he ain't gotta worry about getting re-elected."

Smacks of ... Obama needs to Black it up.

buzz kill

Only taxpayers should be allowed to vote. If to don't contribute you shouldn't have a right to say how other peoples money is spent. Hey Obuma, hos that for having skin in the game!

Dave Harvey

He should consider changing his name to Samuel L. Jackass.

lookItsMegRyan

he offended big fat dummies

Sean

Well..That was honest. But, very ignorant. When he says Obama isn't a ***** he's basicially calling POTUS an oreo, not really black. kinda like Roland Martin's definition of "real bruh's". See,(and I'm black BTW)to many black folks, any black man or women who speaks in complete sentences, has a vocabulary and an education, falls into the "oreo", "not really black" category. It's black self-hate and same-hate, and it's ingrained in the black community to the point that you can be a Sam Jackson or a Roland Martin and still have that in you, even with their success. and it brings all of us down, and makes us look like jokes, collectively. I'm no fan of Obama at this point, but damn if I'm gonna question his blackness. I question his decisions, his courage, his ability to be President. But not his authenticity on a racial level. that's just beyond stupid. I really wish Mr. Jackson had not said this, he's one of my favorite actors :(

Chris

If it were a white person voting for someone just because they were white, Rev Al would be marching. Oh, I forgot, many whites voted for Obama for change and not because he was black.

AllMySophmoresSayYEAH!!

well.......lets be real..........75% of his voters voted for him because he was black..........if you had a option to elect a white man or a black man as president it would be a no brainer LOL

UPYOURS

What an unintelligent thing to do, let alone admit to.

3Storms

That is unfortunately the reason why a lot of people voted for him

kim

WOW SHOWS REAL INTELLIGENCE... VERY RACIST BUT NOBODY WILL SEE THAT... "D O U B L E S T A N D A R D"

Jay

Voting for someone only because of skin color is just as racist as not voting only because of color.

chrissy

I just lost all respect for Samuel Jackson. You do not vote for someone because of there race and the fact is Obama only won because of it. It is also a fact that Obama is our first BI-RACIAL president , he is not fully black so to this day we have not had a black president. He had zero experience and is going down as the worst president in history so what did the people who voted for him gain? Nothing other then making America look stupid and if he wins again we really are going to be a laughing stock

Mike

Jackson confirmed what a racist, ignorant fool he is. I'll bet he would raise hell if a white person said he voted for a person because he was white. Also, I'll bet that if a white person said that - commenters on TMZ wouldn't say, "at least he's honest."

noel

At least he's honest. Alot of people voted for him because he was black, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that in my opinion. It's good for the country as a whole to have at least one black president, gives the black someone to look up to.

EricsGirl

My mind is BLOWN by how IGNORANT this is!!! Please stick to acting and leave the voting to those of us that care!!!!

Freddie K