Davy Jones

To Be Cremated

3/6/2012 3:30 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0306_davey_jones_getty_ex
Davy Jones
' body will be cremated ... family sources tell TMZ.

We're told there will be a memorial service for the singer in Florida, though the date is TBA.

TMZ broke the story ... Davy died last week from an apparent heart attack, which the singer suffered at a ranch near his Florida home, where he was visiting his horses.

Davy has not been cremated yet, and the family is still discussing what to do with his ashes. Funeral plans for the singer are also still up in the air.

0229_davy_jones_remembering_footer

EDITA ON STEROIDS

FIRST...daydream believer and a home coming queen

Mel Zipskin

All the chicks still love this dude, he seemed to be a nice guy.

Phreaky

But when does the fight over his estate begin?

PJ

Thinking about it? He's been dead a week. My guess is he's pretty ripe.

They better do more than just think about it.

writenow

Why not report the news. The San Francisco Sheriff you don't think should have been arrested, turns out to have a habit of hitting women

Criss

I really would've thought that whatever they were going to do would've been done by now.

Cricket

Love you Davy. Best to his family.

Racing Fan

Davy Jones was actually at a Thoroughbred racehorse training center called Payson Park. He was a huge racing fan.

Steve

I think his memorial will be at his adopted county in Florida.

Cheryl A.

WOW I thought they probably would have burried him last Saturday. I hope they take care of him soon.

Rest in Peace Davy.

parlayer

ashes to ashes, enough said.

mark

as a Monkees fan, it hurts me enough that poor Davy is dead. I have now read that the other Monkees may not attend the funeral becasue the family does not want a media circus, this family should be able to grieve in private, Davy was the epitome of youth, laughter, happiness. He will always remain in my teenaged dreams . I know God is taking good care of him. To him I say "Good night, sweetheart, See you on the other side. you really were something."

mark

As a Monkees fan since the 1960...'s, I find myself terriibly hurt over Davy's death. It is hurting even more that I have read in articles that the other Monkees may not attend his funeral becasue the family want privacy, and dont want a media circus.This family should be able to grieve in private without intrusion. Davy was a symbol of the young,of life, of excitement and happiness. all i can say is i know God is taking good care of him. I have met him several times over the years, and i will always treasure those times. I say to him 'goodnight, sweetheart. See you on the other side, You were really something."

nof

I hope Justin Bieber isn't reading this.

badabing_chica

I hope the wifey-poo will play fair and make sure his girls and his siblings get their fair share of his estate. Davy always made sure his daughters and his family wanted for nothing and that is why he continued to tour so much. RIP Sweet Davy!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments