R. Kelly

I Believe I Can ...

NOT PAY MY TAXES

6/14/2012 3:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0611_rkelly_tmzThe federal government is pissed at R. Kelly ... for failing to pay a whopping $4.8 million in back taxes ... TMZ has learned.

According to documents filed by the IRS, Kelly owes money on his taxes going way back to 2005. It breaks down like this ...

2005 - $1,472,366.77
2006 - $710,520.51
2007 - $376,180.11
2008 - $1,122,694.90
2009 - $173,815.18
2010 - $992,495.24

... for a total of $4,848,072.71.

Being trapped in the closet probably won't cut it as an excuse.

A rep for Kelly tells TMZ, "R. Kelly is in the process of working everything out with the government and is confident that all his obligations will be satisfied."

0423_celebrity_tax_problems_footer

itsnoise

IRS "B!tch better have my money"

Bridget

Is this supposed to surprise me? R Kelly is way to busy chasing after 14 year olds to pay attention to his taxes,..duh

Cheryl

A fool and his money are soon parted. What's up fool! People with real money know not to leave it up to someone else to look after entirely. Who thinks their accountant wont steal? If I had that amount of money I'd get my own accounting degree.

Truth

BED NEXT TO WESLEY SNIPES IS EMPTY... IMMA SURE HE LIKES SOME MALE COMPANY JUST ABOUT NOW. #TRUTH!!

Uh

Say hello to Snipes.

jdranetz

Show biz people, time and time again get into tax trouble. Three reasons: Spending habits , trusting others to be in charge of their money (they can't be bothered themselves), and the fact that they work as private contractors, not as employees. That means quarterly filings, a higher rate, but they get to right off expenses (that means keeping receipts, (as if they can be bothered with that either). Harvey, he being an attorney, I believe knows what I'm talking about. Could be R. Kelly, the pee-er of tweens has the same tax accountants as Wesley Snipes.

Joao

While the Obama IRS chases down, sues, imprisons Ma and Pa taxpayers, who may not have had the money, overwhelmed by the tax process or encountered hardships----this piece of sh!t is allowed to go YEARS without paying anything. He's too damn stupid and cheap to have an accountant because it wants IT ALL. Now, presumably he will not only pay what he successfully dodged for years, plus penalties and interest and a tax accountant/lawyer. Why isn't his ass in prison??? I bet Wesley Snipes et al. are scratching their heads wondering how the hell he pulled this one off... It's call "Mr. Big".

Mumra the Ever Living

Why would anyone find this surprising?

Carl

The take home message seems to be, do whatever you want with underage girls, just don't cheat the tax man.

Baker

This really pisses me off. I want to know what the f k the IRS is doing if not checking to make sure people pay their damn taxes. They know these celebrities make a lot of money. Get busy and maybe we can pay down the debt.

Ben

So you're saying he pissed all his money away?

Nick

Rkelly, "Ahhh, piss on um!"

edongzki

It's normal for people like him so don't be surprise.

Bagheera

I laugh at all these celebrities who cannot seem to pay their taxes. All those people who make under $40k per year seem to be able to. Why can't you jackasses who have millions to wipe your asses with pay your taxes?

DaveT

I don't like paying taxes either, most of it just goes into the pockets of greedy bureaucrats.
But the law is the law and you gotta pay up, don't see why so many people think they can refuse to pay taxes and then get away with it

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments