James Holmes

Sent Massacre Plans to

Professor BEFORE Shootings

7/25/2012 9:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0723_james_holmes_tmz_mugshot_wm
James Holmes spelled out gory details of his planned massacre in a notebook which he mailed to a University of Colorado professor ... more than a week before he opened fire in the Aurora movie theater.

Police and FBI discovered the notebook while searching a mail room on the Aurora campus on Monday ... but it had reportedly been sitting there unopened since July 12 -- EIGHT days before the shootings that killed 12 people and injured 58.

The package was sent from Holmes, and according to a FOXNews.com source ... “Inside the package was a notebook full of details about how he was going to kill people. There were drawings of what he was going to do in it -- drawings and illustrations of the massacre."

The source says the drawings included gun-wielding stick figures shooting other stick figures.

The notebook was reportedly addressed to a professor/psychiatrist who treated patients at the campus' psychiatry facility. It's unknown if the professor ever had contact with Holmes.

Earlier this year, Holmes dropped out of the university's neuroscience doctoral program, where he had studied mental health issues.

Jay

Maybe this is all part of his plan to plead not guilty due to mental illness. He sent the notebook probably knowing the guy it was addressed to wouldnt be there but that it would be found after the shootings and his atty will be able to use it as evidence of a "cry for help". This guy is a psychopathic genious not mentally ill in my opinion.

Everytime I see anything about the victims on the news I get upset. I am actually seeing Batman tonight.

Jay

Also TMZ you should stop using the killers name and simply state the killer or the shooter. Plus some of these stories you are putting up are silly. Who cares if he f*ked a hooker in August 2011? Many men hook up with prositutues. We dont need interviews with every hooker he ever went out with. I hate myself for saying this but can Lindsay Lohan go back to being TMZ's top dog?

Shotty Pippen 33

Yeah! I'm going to sue you for not opening your mail!! Get over yourselves...

thiscantbereal

what did you do jimmy :/

jackie van sickle

its a terrible thing as to what has happened but this man was obviously crying out for help and his cries went unheard and as the courts stated that this man has had no drugs given to him take a look at him ppl theres something very wrong with this man which still gives no excuses for what he did innocent ppl died but yes ERIDEN07 i agree this whole thing could maybe of been avoided

Bridget

I don't see how this could be the colleges fault if it wasn't opened. I don't know what to think about him sending it. On one hand it could have been crying out. But on the other, he is very intelligent, so he probibly knew no one would see it in time, setting it up to garner sympathy by saying...hey, I tried to stop myself. Whatever, I don't know.

Moonchild

All of this should be turned into an E! special... no?

Babymama1

MY GOD.... how cold hearted can you get.... YES we are still talking about this freak... it has NOT been a week yet... funerals are starting and people are still in the hospital...some fighting for their lives.... WE NEED to talk and talk about this until we can figure out how to maybe prevent the next massacre! Have a heart and simply scroll past or get off the page

debi

I don't think that he is crazy in the psychiatric sense, I think that he studied it long enough to be faking it..I think that he is just a sick masochistic bastard who got off of hurting people, his demeanor in court was an act..

sid

"The source says the drawings included gun-wielding stick figures shooting other stick figures"

This quote implies that the original plans included more than one shooter. I'd like to know- who were the other people that were going to do the shooting? This indicates that others may have been involved. This contradicts earlier police statements that gunman acted alone.

Honeys Booboo

There will never be an adequate explanation...
...for that BOZO hair color choice.

asol

my classmate's sister-in-law makes $78/hr on the internet. She has been laid off for 5 months but last month her check was $17577 just working on the internet for a few hours. Go to this web site and read more LazyCash38.com

HRH Prince Michael

Firstly, with the over-fed and over-paid Feds involved,
even the mere semblence of Truth, will be cunningly obscured.

Secondly, this Godless horror is another manifestation of "The Medicated States of America".

20Twelve:
Daniel Twelve;1 is HERE,
Proverbs Twelve;7 is NOW,
Zechariah Twelve;8 is NOW,
St. Mark Twelve;36 is NOW,
Psalm2;012 is NOW:
The Most Blessed Christ King Yeshua reigns!
ALL, for The Greater Glory of The True and Living Yahweh!

Jacinta

I am from PEI Canada and I think the survivors are right, it is time to post pictures of the victims not this monster. I really do not want to see his face anymore.

MishiRN

Please, STOP sensationalizing this murderer! Don't give him cutesy lil tag lines, or even use his name. "The Shooter," or "jailbait" will do just fine. I hope they don't try and say that this is proof of him "reaching out" for help...BS! He was fully competent, capable, and determined to carry out these deprave acts of horror, and he should be penalized to the fullest extent of the law!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments