« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Swedish King & Queen

AWESOMELY Obnoxious

Olympic Handball Fans

8/9/2012 9:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0809_king_carl_quenn_silvia_ABACAUSAKing Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden and his wife Queen Silvia have officially earned the title of most AWESOME MONARCHS EVER -- cheering their faces off last night at Sweden's Olympic handball match against Denmark.

Their hilariously annoying battle cries must have worked too -- because Sweden advanced over its rival, winning 24-22.

Hungary's next in line -- but little do they know ... Sweden's got two incredibly rich (and loud) secret weapons.

Apologies to the meatball-hating, anti-IKEA, ABBA-bashing party pooper sitting in the front.

0809_olympic_fanatics_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Jay W.

I get kinda loud too when my girl plays some handball and mouthball with my jewels. Uh.. gic gic gic.

Pudding Tang

They are still no match for the Olympic handball out of southern California. specifically San Fernando valley

Straight Talkin Texan

The heading should say, "Monarchs are real people too!" lol

EastCoastChopper

We always read about how content the Euro life is in the Baltics...The utopia of social services, long holidays, peddling bicycle through the Tulips... I see Swedes,Danes, Finns all seem to explode! And this is Summer when the sun shines 4 days a week.

Quinn

Love the look on the Queen's face.

Linus

I see this picture all over the internet. What's so special? A king supporting his country?

Mattie

AWESOME! Hahaha!

DaveT

Sweden Idol is better than most of the Idol shows, almost all of them play guitar while they sing in the auditions, and they bring in better talent.
Abba was cool, so were the A-Teens later when they covered Abba songs...especially the two cuties Marie and Sara

CLINT

I guess the lady covering her ears didn't think there would be any cheering going on at a sporting event. She should have stayed home and watched old reruns of Benny Hill.

StuckInFlorida

This story makes me happy!

jessie

The best part about that photo is the look in the brunettes face. I love it:)

Mayu

what makes the lady in front a meatball-hating, anti-IKEA, ABBA-bashing party pooper? Some people (like me) have ultra sensitive hearing and certain noises at certain volumes can really hurt. Doesn't mean she's a party pooper. :P

DaveT

I've had people like that behind me, easiest way to deal with them is tell them to shut up and show some consideration, or throw them off the balcony if they keep it up, in the name of being good sports they could just yell....."Weeeee!"...on their way down.

pamoore35

That brunette is the Queen of Sweden and they are the best royals around.

pamoore35

That brunette is the Queen of Sweden and they are the best royals around.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments