Madonna

I FORGIVE ELTON JOHN!

8/23/2012 1:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

082312_madonna_launchMadonna is calling for an end to her feud with Elton John -- dedicating one of her songs to Sir Elton during a recent concert in France ... and saying she forgives him for calling her a "fairground stripper."

It all went down Tuesday night in Nice -- Madonna dedicated her song "Masterpiece" to Elton, saying, "I know he's a big fan of it. And I know he's a big fan of mine. And you know? I forgive him. Gotta start somewhere."

In case you didn't know, Elton said Madonna "looks like a f***ing fairground stripper" earlier this month in an interview -- adding, "She's such a nightmare ... Her tour has been a disaster and it couldn't have happened to a bigger c***."

But Madonna's dedication might have been backhanded -- because "Masterpiece" is the song that beat out Elton John's "Hello Hello" for Best Original Song at the Golden Globes in January.

Elton was pissed -- and his husband David Furnish famously blasted Madonna after the GG win, calling her "desperate" and saying her acceptance speech "was embarrassing in its narcissism."

But now, Madonna wants to let bygones be bygones ... or does she?

Thanks to Madonna-TV.com for the clip.

Phreaky

No one cares - just fkn retire already, you're embarrassing.

Areader

I'm not a big Madonna fan by no means, however, her back handed slap of forgiveness at Elton John is hilarious!

Gay men can be so catty!

Well done Madonna!

jordii

I doubt very much if Elton John wants to be forgiven.

Passion Of The Taint

She is a gross human!

Gita

She is the M..... F.... QUEEN!!!!! He is so fat and pathetic. GROSSSSSSS. I LOVE HER. She does not need to retire when she inspires so many to look good no matter how old you get.

Bob

There's no reason Madonna should be forgiving Elton John for describing Madge as a "fairground stripper". Hey, it was a compliment.

Adrienne

why is Madonna such a epic douche?

kitty

PRICELESS!!! Pull up your knickers and just be happy your name was put in the same sentence as Sir Elton John!

sara

HE NEEDES GROW UP....AND LET IT GOOOOOOO ALREADY....

Observer

Elton is being a first class Nancy.
He'd rather be Madonna yet instead is a portly, wig wearing, drama queen of the 10th degree.

Elton... Great melodies... Bernie... great lyrics.
Elton... shut up and sing Biotch.

Cat19

I was a big fan of Madonna when I was in High School. I am 42 years old now. You and I are both too old for this childish behavior Madonna. It has passed the time for us to grow up already!!!!!!

IceGypsy

She should change that "Riot" on her arm to "Desperate"

firebaby

i think they're both overrated... good for elton for voicing his opinoins but he's as much of a industry c*nt as she is.... she's jealous of his timelessness and he's jealous of her vagina....

MISSA

I think his entire statement about her was spot on.

"Why is she such a nightmare? Sorry, her career is over. Her tour has been a disaster and it couldn't happen to a bigger c**t...If Madonna had any common sense she would have made a record like Ray Of Light and stayed away from the dance stuff and just been a great pop singer and make great pop records, which she does brilliantly.

"But no, she had to go and prove...she looks like a f**king fairground stripper."

- Sir Elton John

Lynn317

For a minute I thought she was making a sincere apology and taking the 'high road' ...
Then I thought ...Madonna has NEVER taken the 'high road' and has always been mean and snarky.
When I read that "Masterpiece" was the song that angered Elton and David ... I thought, gee, she'll never change and just being sarcastic and snarky like she has always been.
Madonna could NOT even find the 'high road' to take - even if someone gave her a map and a GPS device.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments