Clint Eastwood

Bumbles Through

Invisible Obama Schtick

8/31/2012 6:05 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

083112_eastwood_rnc_launch
Clint Eastwood brought down the partisan crowd at the RNC by stumbling through an 11-minute bit last night that was supposed to be painfully hysterical ... but might have been just painful.

The legendary actor/director got on stage and addressed an empty stool next to him, saying ... "I've got Mr. Obama sitting here. I just was gonna ask him a couple questions."

During the schtick 82-year-old Clint seemed confused at times as he critiqued the President's 4 years in office ... and set up punchlines like, "What do you want me to tell Romney? I can't tell him to do that. He can't do that to himself."

President Obama responded to the invisible routine this morning by tweeting a pic of the back of his chair with the message, "This seat's taken."

0831_obama_chair_twitter
No doubt, landing an icon like Eastwood to warm up the crowd for Mitt Romney was a coup for the GOP -- but still, we gotta ask ...

Nvts

Clint did a great...considering he didn't use a teleprompter...like Nobama

Phishie from Philly

He is 82 and I guess if we were 82 or older we would of thought he was great.?.
Phishie from Philly

Phishie from Philly

That's not the first time Obama turned his back and it won't be the last.
Phishie from Philly

Fantastic Four

You know when 20,000 extremely liberal website viewers give Cling 35% approval he hit it out of the park.

I voted for Obama but this year I'm so depressed I'm not even going to bother voting.

This election is over, in 65 days Romney will be our new president and there's nothing we can do about it.

I've already swapped the bumper sticker on my car to Hillary 2016.

Thanks Obama, we'll always remember you!

w

hahaha, TMZ is deleting all the likes and not letting people like the comments against Obama, typical liberal stupidity, it's true democrats are scientifically proven to have a mental disorder.
play fair TMZ or GTFO

Josh

CLINT YOU WERE AWESOME & HILARIOUS!!!! Love you man.

wendy

I thought he brought a new dimension to it, I felt like I was watching a roast on comedy central! I liked it

EllieS

There comes a time when you need to step away from the microphone. Clint..this is your time.

Big D

FU to all the hater's out there. Clint Eastwood is a icon, ranking up there with John Wayne. Give him a break he is 82. When you get old I hope there is tons of people around to make fun at you. Shame on TMZ for trying to embarrass him. Since when was making fun of the elderly alright. Next TMZ will be posting a story on crippled children and criticizing them.

Mark in CA

Oh no, are Dems declaring a "War on Old People" by mocking 82 yr old Clint? I find it funny, considering "cool" Obama's first mistake ever was nominating gaffe machine Joe Biden as VP. Can't wait to get a good laugh at him next week, he'll..EVERYTIME he opens his mouth.

Josh

CLINT RULED!!!!!!!!!!!!

bevyof1

I give him BIG props for flying his conservative flag to the world -- a very unpopular stance in Hollywood. He maybe could have been more prepared -- less off the cuff, but his line "if someone is not doing the job, you have to let 'em go", was DEAD ON!! And I very much agree!!

Bridget

In theory it was a good idea for the republicans to do this. In reality it was a big mistake. It was supposed to be Romneys night to shine and get through to the American people to show his human side. And all people are talking about is Clint.

Between Ryans well publicized fibs, Clints mumbling and Romneys underwhelming speech, I would sum up the republican convention in one word...whoopsie.

kensmith14738

at this stage who is going to have their mind changed anyway. white people who have issues will vote for satin before pres. obama, nithing said thus week will change that. is that racist? yes? good.

Tiffany

Our President has more pressing issues going on in this country than to have to respond to silly nonsense. THIS is why that chair will be filled with a new man shortly.