« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

I'M FAR FAR FAR

FROM GAY

1/24/2013 12:25 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0124_katie_couric_manti_interview_article_superhero_3
Manti Te'o
just revealed ... he's NOT GAY ... despite rumors he used a fake girlfriend to hide his homosexuality.

Katie Couric asked Manti flat-out whether he's gay because it's the most obvious explanation for the bizarre "Lennay Kekua" hoax -- but Manti replied, "No. Far from it. FAR FROM IT."

Manti also revealed Ronaiah Tuiasosopo's full confession, which Ronaiah sent via Twitter, saying, "I completely accept the consequences to the pain I've caused and it's important that you know the entire truth before anyone else."

Katie played Lennay's voicemails -- and Manti replied, "Sounds like a woman. Incredible talent to do."

pic0124_ronaiahs_confession_small_video_lennay_vm

Katie asked why Manti didn't come clean sooner -- Manti said, "I was scared and I didn't know what to do." Manti's parents also had a chance to speak -- and things got emotional.

pic0124_ronaiahs_confession_small_video_lennay_vm_4

Manti also addressed Ronaiah, saying, "You hurt me." And the big question -- how Manti thinks the hoax will affect his draft status ... Manti said, "That I don't know ... Whatever happens happens ... I hope and pray that good happens."

pic0124_ronaiahs_confession_small_video_lennay_vm_4

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Previous 15 Comments | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11

Lauri215

It's sad. The LGBT community takes one step forward and two steps back when there's a story like this. Sadly from what I've heard about this guy and family they seem to come from the school of thought that u "choose" to be gay. People like this live very sad lives. It's really sad that those who love u are the ones u can't be your true self around. I have the strongest feeling (from the start) that he's gay. People need to love their family and friends for who they are and not whom they love. It is NOT a choice to be in the LGBT community!

Metta Worldhate

He has not "revealed" that he's not gay.

He has "claimed" that he's not gay.

I don't believe him.

ashley

are you trying to convince the world or yourself of that? your a liar anyway. how is going to believe you?

dathan

In some states, it's a felony to impersonate Someone online...

BSMeter

The Catfish defense is lame. I've done plenty of online dating, and I make of point of living within driving distance of the woman and having no more than a few email exchanges and one phone chat before meeting in person. You can't have a real relationship online. Only a fantasy.

And why did a young football star living on campus need to resort to a cyber girlfriend? I think this story is lasting because people are asking, "Is it really possible for this to happen?"

lotus13

Harvey: I won't let this go either. He could have said
"I'm not gay, not that there's anything wrong with that", (laugh? old joke) and not seemed so horrified, as if he was just called the worst thing ever. There is still something very wrong with that.

TexasAlamo

Yeah. I'm far from gay. Riight. Thank God Johnny Football won the Heisman. Imagine the fallout if you and your fake death story would have on the college athletic world. Your sob story was a ruse to drum up attention. In the meantime, a freshman was busting his ass to lead his team to greatness. You are a lying pile of excrement. Who cares if you are gay or not. The vile part about you is your lying nature.

Mrugowsky

The more vocal the denial the more gay he is. Big ****ing deal. Lots of jocks are gay, and that's fine.

Previous 15 Comments | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11