Let's Get This Party Started: Top Stories for Sunday 06/25/06

6/25/2006 9:46 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

After all the rumors, speculation, precautions, and preparations, the day finally came – and went: Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban got married on Sunday in Australia.

The actress and the singer said their vows in front of guests including Russell Crowe, Naomi Watts, and Rupert Murdoch just after sundown Sunday night at the Cardinal Cerretti Memorial Chapel outside of Sydney.

The entire ceremony was lit by candles, according to PEOPLE magazine, and Nicole's bridesmaids were her sister Antonia and daughter Isabella, while Keith's brother Shane and longtime friend Marlon Holden were the country crooner's groomsmen.

Kidman's dress was designed by Nicolas Ghesquiere for Balenciaga, and she kept her veil on in the traditional manner during the ceremony, lifting it only when the vows were said. "When her veil was lifted, he moved right in and he grabbed her and kissed her," says a guest to PEOPLE. "Then everything went from being quiet and elegant and intense to really loud, like we were suddenly at a soccer game."

Hugh Jackman and Crowded House's Neil Finn performed at the reception, where the color red was apparently the theme – carnations hung from chandeliers and roses sat on the tables. The couple released a statement on Sunday night that said: "We just want to thank everyone in Australia and around the world who have sent us their warm wishes."

Marcia Cross Gets Married, Too

On a slightly different scale, another alabaster-complexioned, flame-haired actress tied the knot over the weekend as "Desperate Housewives" star Marcia Cross married Tom Mahoney, who is not a country singer but a stockbroker, according to Us Weekly. The ceremony took place at the Church of Our Savior Episcopal Parish in San Gabriel, California, and guests included Eva Longoria, Felicity Huffman, and William H. Macy.

Cross' dress was designed by Reem Acra and she carried a bouquet of white peonies and white roses. The reception was held in two ballrooms at the The Ritz-Carlton in Pasadena, where the theme, like Marcia's flowers, was white. This is the first marriage for both Cross and Mahoney and, says Us, they met at a flower shop, so perhaps it's appropriate that they spent their first night as a married couple in the Ritz's Tournament of Roses suite.

Tori Spelling Reconciled With Dad, She Says

Actress Tori Spelling says that she was able to make peace with her father, television giant Aaron Spelling, before he died on Friday from complications from a stroke at the age of 83, according to PEOPLE.

"I'm grateful I recently had the opportunity to reconcile with my father and most grateful we had the chance to tell each other we loved one another before he passed away," she said in a statement. "It's a true blessing to have had a parent that loved me unconditionally. He had a heart as big as his talent and today, along with many others, I mourn his loss."

Britney's Damage Control After "Dateline" Debacle

Apparently Britney Spears realized that wearing a jarringly skimpy outfit and chewing gum continuously during a nationally televised interview in prime time was a bad idea, because she tried to do a little image-resuscitation in the days following her disastrous interview with Matt Lauer on NBC's "Dateline," according to today's Page Six.

And even though she called the celeb tabloids "trash" and complained about not having enough privacy, she had photos taken of herself in somewhat more flattering clothing and with more refined hair and makeup -- and then tried to shop them to those very same "trash" tabloids for $200,000, says Page Six. OK! magazine finally snapped them up, but at the low, low price of $5,000, prompting the mag's rep, who didn't confirm the price, to say, "Who doesn't love a discount?"

Soprano Kids Do Their Own Collections

Meadow and AJ Soprano – or the actors who play them on HBO's "The Sopranos" – won't be begging their parents for cash anytime soon, as both Jamie-Lynn Sigler and Robert Iler are close to signing deals that will pay them more than $100,000 per episode for the final eight shows that are about to start shooting and that will run sometime next year on HBO, reports the New York Post.

That represents a raise of about $15,000 for each of them, and more than Tony Sirico (Paulie) and Steven Van Zandt (Silvio) made last year as well. The two family lieutenants are still far away from closing their deals, as sources say that HBO is offering $115,000 while Sirico and Van Zandt want $200,000. Meanwhile, Lorraine Bracco (Dr. Melfi) and Steven Schirripa (Bobby Bacala) continue their negotiations.

Backstreet's Oldest A Boy No more

The eldest of the five Backstreet Boys has decided to leave the band to – what else? – "pursue other interests." According to a statement on the group's official site, Kevin Richardson, 33, is taking his leave and won't be involved in the follow-up album to last year's "Never Gone."

Richardson said that the decision was difficult but "was necessary in order to move on with the next chapter of my life," but didn't specify what that next chapter might involve. His bandmates – AJ McLean, Nick Carter, Howie Dorough, and Brian Littrell -- didn't kick Richardson to the curb exactly, saying, "The door will always be open for him to return to the Backstreet Boys." Do we smell a triumphant return down the road?

Theresa Payne

I always thought Nicole had a lot of class,and she proved it with the way she handled the press.She is both beautiful and a talented actress. I wish her a blessed life and a truely happy marrige.

Jane

Nicole Kidman looked beautiful as usual...she's beaming! I hope she's that happy for many years to com....

Tazz Devil

Nicole Kidman does not look the same. She looks like she has had work to her eyes, lips and her forehead looks like it's full of botox. She's certainly not a beautiful as she used to be.

No legs in Texas :(

Congrats to Nicole and Keith! Many stars need to take notes from Nicole, she behaved wonderful w/ the press. Stars need to know they can be nice to the media without having to expose everything about themselves. The media can't force anything out of them. Thanx, also to the media for not stepping over the boundaries w/ Nicole. She gave a little, they gave a liitle,and it gave us alot. It was great! I hope Nicole continues the same way.

someone

Im very happy for the 2 of them, they look great, Nicole is a classy lady, and Keith seems to have turned his life around, I wish them many years of happiness.

anniebee

Congrats Nic and Keith! What's up with the white dress? She looks like she has a some work done, but I would too if I could!

Amy

Lets compare for kicks.

N)Quietly dating for a year or two, keeping ones feelings to oneself
T) Couch jumping

N) Getting engaged, followed months later with a wedding
T) Getting her alledgedly knocked up, and telling the world where you proposed, no wedding date set.

N)Sending the press water and beer
T)Holding a press conference.

N) Spending time with your children out of camera range.
T) Making out with your much younger "fiance" at your kids sporting event.

N) Being photographed with your hand on his knee while having an intelligent conversation at a charity event.
T) Tonsil hockey anytime a camera points your way.

cgc

Nicole is definitely the most beautiful bride I have ever seen and both of them are lucky to have each other bec. you know it is really a genuine love unlike Tom Cruise' who is all publicity.I hope their mariage will be forever and hopefully they'll be blessed with a child , that will make Nicole's wish come true.

Marilyn Baker

Good for Nicole and Keith I think they make a great couple and I hope it lasts for years and years to come. At least she didn't make it public like her ex Tom Cruise did wiith his little girl friend she could be her daughter she is so young. CONGRATULATIONS Nicole and Keith. I love your music Keith keep it up.
Nicole you made such a beautiful bride

Jay

So nice of Tom Cruise to pay for such a beautiful wedding. Come on. It is his money after all. She was nothing before him and she got quite a handsome settlement in the divorce. She has left on a honeymoon on "her" private plane. Another part of the settlement I presume. Nice Botox Nicole. Now I know why she never smiles, she can't. Keith could have done better for a first marriage.

Sharyn MacNeil

My congratulations to Nicole and Keith. Keith Urban is my all-time favorite country singer and I'm so glad to see him so happy. He is the best and he deserves the best. I think they both won!

AnnMarie

Let me describe Nicole Kidman. Elegant, graceful, excellent role model, absolutely beautiful & stunning, classy lady, professional, great actress, just to name a few. Nicole, I wish you and your new hubby many many many blessed years. God bless you both.

Lori

I love Nichole and Keith. Good luck to the both of them and I hope the next concert I go to I will see Nichole there, that would make that really great. Thay make a really great couple. Love and happiness to both. Lori in MI

shirlene gosek

I think Nicole is so beautiful inside, for the care of others seems to be more important to her, and she is also being a great role model for her children. Through the years you could se the hurt in her eyes, but she moved on. Tom is an idiot and won't bre keeping Katie long either. Starstruck Katie. A wonderful girl but not experienced enough. Just out of an engagement, Tom Cruise or anyone looks good when your on the rebound at least to some. Nicole was different. Yes, classy. I always respected her for her inner strength. I noticed also that her art as an actress expanded to extreme lentghs, with optimal talent. I'm soo happy for both of them. My marriage took a dive 11 yrs ago. I have'nt been lucky enought to fall in love again. I really did'nt want to date or get involved. I know exactly where she was at. God Bless you All finally have love and happiness Nicole. I hope you are carrying a child. You deserve to be happy and not left in the background or playing left field all the time, Poor Katie. I hope for the babies sake that all works out. I can't see anyone helping Tom he is soo self-absorbed, and distant. Unsettled look in his eyes. Growing up without a father had to be painful and maybe Tom should consider counseling, instead of convincing himself that all he needs is Scientology. A glorified Cult?

shirlene gosek

No skin rejuevenation maybe. No surgery. She has lost alot of weight and your appearance changes. Microdermabrasion or even the thermo treatments.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments