George Clooney Hooks Up With Elvis' Ex

6/27/2006 9:26 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Exclusive: Linda Thompson and George Clooney
Love was in the air in Lake Como, Italy, last week, when George Clooney was spotted romancing lyricist Linda Thompson, the longtime live-in love of Elvis Presley.

Sources tell TMZ the couple was spotted dining late into the evening with friends at the swanky Villa D'Este resort. The next day, 'Captain' George took Thompson, the ex of Olympian Bruce Jenner and songwriter David Foster, on a sunset boat ride around Lake Como. We're told Thompson stayed the night at Clooney's villa and left the next morning.

Clooney has been a busy man of late. Last week, he was sharing a motorcycle seat with on-and-off girlfriend Krista Allen.

Missy

Sorry people but I don't see what all the hype over George Clooney is.Yea he is cute but he is far from all that.Maybe in his younger days he was but now well looks speak for themselves were he is concerned.

cutny

George Clooney is about as straight as a circle.

steve

George,
Do what you can do,but I would appreciate it if you would remember me for seconds. Just tossem to this ( Good o'l boy ) belive me I would be grateful as hell.

TERI OINOS

I DON'T CARE WHAT ANYBODY THINKS. I WOULD RIDE ON HIS HARLEY OR TAKE A RIDE IN HIS BOAT ANY DAY OF THE WEEK. OR EVEN HAVE A NICE DINNER WITH HIM. HE HAS BEEN AND WILL ALWAYS BE SEXY.

Robyn

(I have too much time on my hands at work today because I can't open any of my computer files, so please forgive this being my third entry)

Response to Bridgette (#33): "Unless they [movie stars] have a degree in Political Science or Sociology, I really don't care what their passions or ideas entail.... Patriotism is a good thing, people need to believe in something and not just ignorant movie stars who really don't have the education to influence any one in politics."

Let's define YOUR definition of "education."

Education: (noun) What the state-run or privately-owned establishment teaches the pubic via selected books books and curriculum. Such information is digested and then practically applied without much room for deviation or free thought. It is then regurgitated to others in robotic form. (Examples: see entry #33 above - "Patriotism is a good thing," and "Ronald Reagan... is/was a very rare and special man."

Now MY definintion:

Education: (noun) The receipt and digestion of information from multiple sources including books, periodicals, film, life experiences, travels (whether physical or imaginary), history, folklore, others' experinences, adversarial opinions, etc.. etc.., and the use such information to question and improve individual, national, and global conditions. (Examples: Nelson Mandela, Angelina Jolie, Tookie Wilson, Jimmy Carter, Oprah Winfrey, George Clooney, etc. etc. )

Lory of Staten island

I can guarantee George Cloony is most likely talking with Linda Thompson, to get infomation for a real life movie about Elvis, I am sure she holds so much info about him......Think before you knock him, not that I am a big Cloony fan either, but he is a talented writer , director , producer!

william martinez

PERSONALLY, HE LOOKS LIKE AN UNDERCOVER FAG TO ME.

william martinez

LIKE I SAID, PERSONALLY, I THINK HE LOOKS LIKE , AND IS, A NOT-SO - UNDERCOVER FAG. BET THERE WAS NO SEX THAT NIGHT. NOT BETWEEN THEM ANYWAY.

MIKE MOJER

Who cares ? He is a middle aged, good looking guy that is having a ball.

Although I don't agree with his political views, I think he is a real person.

kousinkrazy

remember when rock hudson was spotted with all those good looking women. and michael jackson even had liz taylor.

Rebecca

do we really care what he does with his private life.... If the papparrazi followed me around... town ... it would make.... stuff of hollywood... look like a tea party ... enough said.....

Lisa

You go George! Your a handsome single guy, and any women would love to be with you, so stay single!

donna

I personally believe that george has too much class for most women its a known fact that most hollywood women are sluts and perhaps he might be too but i dont think so.

maura

hey no.15, I see you are really passionate about politics, but the topic was George Clooney and his date. Whatever turns him on is fine with me.
I hope you keep your job with the NY Times they need professionals like you.
As Bill O would say, "The spin stops here".

Jeffrey J. Hughes

George, he must really like the old ones. When you think your better than everone else that really turns off people like super smart and super good looking women.. Jeff