Faux Star Replaces Star

6/29/2006 12:36 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Click to go to TMZ.comIt didn't take long for Barbara Walters to find Star 2.0.

On this morning's "The View", Barbara, Joy Behar, and Elisabeth Hasselbeck strode out onto the stage with an attractive, slender African American woman who took a seat that wasn't even cold yet.

The Star-alike is Renee Elise Goldsberry, who, ironically enough, isn't a lawyer, but plays one on TV. Goldsberry's an actress on the soap "One Life to Live," whose character, according to her online bio,  is "a tough-as-nails defense attorney with a compassionate heart" (The compassionate heart thing is kind of a left turn for attorneys on "The View."). Goldsberry begins her bio by saying she "gives all glory to God for being the author of her biography," not un-reminiscent of the kind of pronouncement Star was wont to make.

The show went on as usual with no reference to Barbara  vs. the fired Star, except when Goldsberry said she "wasn't a lawyer," and wasn't going to get "in the middle of things." Goldsberry added that she just happened to "have nothing else to do" when she was asked to guest host  (She has hosted twice before earlier this year).

But there were signs that the ghost of Star was haunting the halls, when the audio went completely out. Barbara blamed it on "global warming."  Riiiiight.

lisa

MY GAWD!! Star Jones did more for the View by leaving. I can't stand the show and find it amazing that it has lasted this long. Must be all those bored houswives because I think its just rediculous. The few times I have seen it are times I was on vacation and had the TV on for noise. This is what this show is, noise.

Rubydo

I for one am glad Star is gone - full of a lot hot air! I also think she looks like some caricture of herself now - funky!

Lance K.

Wishing all parties involved the best. You know this is just life. Many of us reading this have lost jobs. The show goes on and everything is replacable. People can be replaced. Shows can be replaced

Kimberlee

I love the View... I am sorry that Star felt she needed to end her career with
them like that. I think it is unfair for this blog to call Renee a fake.
Renee was nominated for a Emmy for her work on One Life to Live this year.
Plus Renee has a beautiful voice.
Shame on the author for calling Renee at fake....

mary poppins

I like Renee Elise, and I hope she will be considered for Stars replacement. She may be the only reason I tune in from time to time. No, I cannot watch Rosie everyday!

Misha, ridiculous is spelled this way, and I'm a housewife, though not a bored one.. Sounds like you have a problem with The View and housewives. You must do not have an exciting life, or most definitely you must not be married. Why comment on a show you do not even watch???

mary poppins

Hi Roz, you Star hater you. Grab a life will you.

M. GILLIO

RENEE IS NOT ONLY A FABULOUS WOMAN BUT I WENT TO SEE "THE COLOR PURPLE" ON BROADWAY...........SHE WAS JUST UNBELIEVABLE!!!!! LET'S NOT ALL PUT HER IN THE SOAP OPERA CATEGORY.....SHE WAS NOMINATED FOR HER ROLE ON BROADWAY...LET'S NOT FORGET THAT!!

SHE IS WAYYYY TO GOOD FOR "THE VIEW".........SHE HAS GONE WELL PAST BEING AT THE "TABLE".........AND I AM SO GLAD SHE SAID SHE WAS NOT GOING TO GET "IN THE MIDDLE OF ANYTHING".

CLASS ACT!!!! (NOT ANYONE WHO WOULD DO WELL WITH ROSIE!!!)

DIVA CALIFORNIA

Renee is a FAKE.

Nobody can replace STAR.

This is The View last season.

The quality folks are gone...Lisa, Meredith and Star.

The audience is not happy about a fat, sloppy, loudmouth, outspoken,
untalented Rosie joining the show.

Sharon Brockett

The real deal here is that Star was betrayed. She had been on the View for 9 years, and then Barbara goes and hires someone that she knows dislikes Star the way Rosie does. Barbara, said that Star could say what she wanted to say...and is just mad because Star scooped her scoop.

Star actually brought a 'view" to the program and kept them from lots of that silly banter that they had at times. It is real funny to me to see how white America acts when someone of color and intellect receives the attention that white folks have received all of their lives.

I for one will NEVER watch the View again.

MS ELAINE

I WAS VERY SORRY TO HEAR THE NEWS THAT STAR WAS LEAVING, I DO BELIEVE SHE COULD'VE BEEN A BIT MORE DIPLOMATIC ABOUT THE WHOLE SITUATION. I HOPE IT WAS NOT ABOUT ROSIE, WHO IS A WONDERFUL KINDHEARTED SOUL THAT WOULD BE DEVASTATED ABOUT THE WHOLE SITUATION. I WISH ALL PARTIES CONCERNED CONTINUED SUCCESS IN THEIR PERSONAL AS WELL AS PROFESSIONAL LIVES. GOD HAS A WAY OF MAKING THINGS TURN OUT FOR THE BEST.

zak

My crystal ball says that the 10th season will be the View's final one!

Stormie

I for one will not miss Star~she really was getting to be too much of a diva.
I wish her the best in whatever she choose's to do with her life, but as other's have mentioned, there are many people who lose their jobs. Star is an intelligent woman & she will continue being successful.

As for her book & her outlook on marriage & such~I've not read the book or will I buy it~my thoughts on this are, wait until you've been married for several years, before you start telling everyone how to have a happy marriage. Too many rumors to her marriage to make me feel comfortable taking her advice. I'm happy she's happy, but quit gloating about it! I think this is what has annoyed many viewers. She's not had a marriage where there are money issues, children to deal with & real life situations. She seems to live in a fantasy world compared to most peoples lives. Try cooking~cleaning & doing the laundry! Enough. I hope she remains happy, though I am curious how being out of the spotlight will affect her. Maybe, it will bring her down to reality again. She isn't going to get any shoe contracts for being back in Brooklyn taking care of crimnals.

Milly

Usually, heavy people look so much better after losing weight. Star is the first person that I know of that looks terrible after all her weight loss. I liked her heavy much better. She was prettier. Now she looks like a sad sack.

Diane Harms

I didn't watch the view often, yet I did enjoy it when I had the chance. I enjoyed the hosts. They seemed like a great group representing women well, yet my most unfavorite host was Star. I was happy for her with her weight loss and all, but her wedding and seemingly perfect marriage seemed "over the top." She also had an attiude that seemed like she felt she was better than anyone else, which i did not care for. It's sad that she's trying to turn this into an opportunity for negative attention. That's what happens in everyday life, and she needs to learn she isn't above everyone else.

Fred Schroeder

I work during the day, so I've only seen THE VIEW when I was at home or on the road... Barbara Walters is one of the classiest reporters in this country; and handled a bad situation with her typical sophistication and good taste... Star Jones was lucky to have lasted as long as she did. Other than herself, what did she have to talk about? The 'new direction' that the show is taking can only be positive with a leader like Barbara and the loss of Star...

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments