Pam Strips, Bashes Beyoncé

6/29/2006 11:32 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Pamela Anderson: Click to WatchPamela Anderson stripped down to her panties in the window of Stella McCartney's London boutique Wednesday, in a protest over fur.

When asked if there's a need to name and shame celebs who wear fur, the "Baywatch" babe took no prisoners.  "I don't think that's glamorous at all ... especially the ones that are starting to put them [fur] in their clothing lines like J. Lo and Beyoncé ... it's really important for them to be conscious of what they wear, especially as they're fashion icons."

Beyoncé Knowles was recently confronted by  People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) at a swanky restaurant in New York.  TMZ was first to run the undercover video.

Rob

elizabethc

96. Look, to all of you out there who love these animals more than you do people, I have only this to say...SHUTUP ALREADY!!! What do you think people did for clothing and warmth before the industrial revolution made it possible to mass produce cotton clothing? What do you think they did for clothing, and blankets before civilization learned how to run a cotton plantation? They hunted animals, and they used their fur and their hides to make clothing, and blankets, and anything else that they could make out of it. It was okay back then though, because they were "Savages". Just because there are people out there who hunt for trophies instead of for food, you want to run around and preach about how animals have rights just like people do. Have any of you ever read the Bible though? Probably not, seeing how the Bible tells us to eat those very same animals, and to use their fur and their hides to make things such as clothing and blankets. Answer me this though, PETA....if your kid was standing face to face with a rabid dog, or rabid wolf, what would you do? Would you save your kid, and put the animal out of it's misery? Or would you sacrifice your kid for your belief of "Animal Rights"? You people really have your priorities mixed up!

96, I can see you are sincere in your beliefs. But we no longer live in an era where have no choice. You can't use past ways as a way to condone totay's inhuman treatment of animals. Slavery was outlawed. I'm sure there were people having debates speaking of people of African desent just as they are now using outdated and WRONG exuses for this henious treatment of animals. I 've had cats that guarded me like a dog. If I cried he'd come in from nowhwere, sit on my chest and rub his little kitten paws in his eyes because he thought that would dry my tears. The slaves were not animals. And they were treated just like them. It's no different now - we are evolving as a species, as a planet. What went on in the cave man era is no longer appropriate today. I agree with your point about people being attacked by wild animals but just how many more people every day are attacked as violently by humans - humans who often get away scott free and an animal is put down. It's ashame when that happens. I was visciously attacked my a dog when I was 6. Chased me biting everytime he could close in on my running, screaming 'bloody murder!!' like my dad taught me. A state trooped lived on our block and ran out and got the dog. It wasn't a bad dog - it's owners were some kids that didn't like me and sicked the dog on me. My father was livid, but no actions was taken. Comparing that to the mericliess killings of animals for whatever reason are two different areas entirely. God gave us 'responsibililty over the animals'. What loving God is going to promote outright gutless crimes against his creations? If you've ever seen an animal cry, or put his life on the line for you, you have to see these things. Back in the day, it was a necessity. The Indians had such a kindship with the animals that many times an old animal would come and die outside of their TeePee. The Indians respected animals and used them becuase in the era of history there was no other way to survive. Today there is. And it's past time for us to wake up. As Albert Schweitzer once said, ' Think occasionaly of the suffering of which you spare yourself the site' - the cows being butchered so you could have your daily intake of burger, steak, what have you. We're in the space age now. It is the end of an era which includes justifying MURDER and TORTURE of animals, and all in God's name. It's like that saying, "If it weren't for Christians, I'd be a Christian. " I am not a mindless drone. There is a huge difference in 'God giving humans dominion over the animals'. It didn't mean torture, disrespect in it's most cruel form. It meant 'responsibility' . As the angels watch over us, we are to watch over the animals. It's just that simple and that's the deal plain and simple. Right and wrong. The time has come for it to stop. And people need to get their unenlightened, spiritually blind head out of their a$$es. It's just that simple.

onna

She's so disgusting

Michele

Good Lord! Her breast look even faker when they are bare. How embarassing!

Nicole

I would like all of you people who read this to take five minutes out of your day and go to peta's web site. www.peta.com There is a video narrated by Heather Mills McCarthey about the China fur trade. YOu say that animals have no feelings, you as a human being have no feelings. Animals don't ask us for the torture we put them through. Would you do these kinds of things to a baby? All I ask for is if your such a superior human being than act like it. Show some compassion!!!! You don't have to be a raging vegan to support animal rights and the things that PETA have achieved over the years.

Swordfish

God she's beautiful!!! My consciousness has been raised, and I will be more attentive to the ethical tx of animals.

Beth

Maybe clothing those who don't have the resources for clothing would be a good way to deal with already-made furs that are out there, Lara. I actually think you hit on a good idea there. (Maybe managing the fur trade like the ivory trade was managed to curb poaching and slaughter wouldn't be a bad idea, either.) I don't always agree with Ms. Anderson, but I can say that many industries where a living being is the subject of profit turning axiomatically becomes barbaric. It's an unfortunate fact of human nature that in order to commit inhumane acts on other living beings we become even more brutal and desensitized than is strictly necessary. It brings out the inner sadist in many people -- and the fur industry is no exception. While PETA all too often engages in acts of eco-terrorism and pointless rudeness (see Beyonce's Nobu dinner vid or the old paint-splashers), they do have a point, whether it's carried out well or not. A century ago, the trapping and killing of other creatures for insulating clothing was essential in colder climates. Now, we've got manmade materials better than fur to provide warmth that happen to be easier to care for. The fur industry nowadays is simply about fashion. And, frankly, there's precious little fashionable in my mind about killing any living being. Not that there's much fashionable about showing off breast implants for the umpteeth time, either, but you gotta break some eggs to make an omlette, eh? ;o)

beth

I am so sick of pamela anderson showing off her boobs!!! so what!!!!!! yes their big and you've had them done we all know these and we don't need to see them everytime we see her..if she couldn't find a better way to show she doesn't like people wearing fur or that she thinks its wrong well then that's pretty sad. maybe she should read a few books and stop worrying about what she looks like

ValjGra

Hey Catherine...oink oink. And how dare you call me an asshole...bitch. I have a cat I saved after being abused. I also had to move and give up my dog so I searched through many states before I found someone to take her so she didnt have to be KILLED. Funny how people get offended but they can offend. Sorry not this time!

Gabriela

I LOVE Pamela Anderson.She really takes care about the animals and she is sOOOOO pretty. I love her body she has got long legs and nice hips. She isn't fat like Beyonce. FUCK BEYONCE SHE'S A FAT UGLY BITCH WHO WEARS FUR!

Bernadette

#10-well said!

To those that think animal rights is wrong-my heart truly goes out to you! It is virtually *impossible* to live a cruelty free life but why should that stop people like me from trying to live causing the least amount of damage possible? All Pam is doing is calling attention to something she believes in. If I were famous and PETA asked me to get naked to call attention to one of their causes I wouldn't hesitate. Not because I'm a nasty nympho but because when it comes to things like this all attention is good attention. It makes you think and thinking is never bad.

For those that think that we should all spend our time helping people I'm sorry but you're wrong. We are all individuals and we all feel called towards different things. I'm sure anyone with a fully functioning brain would agree with me when I say that doing any part to help the world is 100 times better than doing nothing yet critizing everyone who tries to make this world a better place.

I sincerely hope that you do not go through your entire lives with blinders on.

Bernadette

#123- I like you!

James Jo

I agree with #14 & #15. Animals are just that, animals. What about human rights towards homes, jobs, medical attention, etc; . If those PETA "people" focused their energy more on the homeless in America than on dumb animals perhaps we could justify once again being called "the richest country in the world". Lets take care of human rights and the animals (as they always have) will take care of themselves. And as far as all the women that want to strip for animal rights, I'm all for stripping for us human animals. Don't stop with the bra, go all the way. Make videos, take pictures, the whole works. Do yourselves proud.

Nia

I want to get on board with PETA but I have my own ?'s and doubts. I hear what commentor 5 & 8 are saying, like what about leather belts, shoes, clothing, beauty creams, hair additives etc. Why is wearing leather and certain animal containing creams ok which I've seen many PETA activists do and not fur. Why don't more people care about the human race & the gazilion problems facing us then the animals. With the vigor & gusto they attack this issue with, imagine what they could be doing for mankind. I'll always wonder that point. Ya know, sometimes, not to be mean, but I believe PETA is just a group of over-zealous pet lovers looking to be recognized.

rlepre

I totally support Pamela in this endeavor. In fact, she is welcomed to do this in my home, office or - heck - even my car any time she wants.