McConaughey's Lost Weekend

7/7/2006 2:24 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Matthew McConaughey celebrated his independence from former girlfriend Penelope Cruz with a three-day bender in Costa Rica over the Fourth of July weekend.

Taking a cue from the movie that launched his career, the "Sexiest Man Alive" left much to be desired partying on the beach looking 'dazed and confused.'

Check out pics of Matthew's weekend beach blast.

A barefoot, shirtless, and sweaty Matthew got his groove on by drinking, dancing, writhing on the floor and even shushing one of his fellow vacationers.

Apparently McConaughey recuperated in no time, because just a couple of days later the confirmed bachelor was spotted hanging out with his bike riding buddies Jake Gyllenhaal and Lance Armstrong in Malibu.

Tina

haha I would love to get dirty with him!

tina

wow!HOT HOT HOT MATT CAN DO WHATEVER HE WANTS. TO ME HE IS LEGALLY A HOTTIE. sexiest man alive.I'LL TAKE HIM. the girl in the pic couldn't handle him. plus he can do better than penelope too. he deserves an all american beauty. you go matt

Gilbert

The dude knows how to PARTY! of course he lives in Austin, Texas baby!

ZHULLMan

Dazed and Confused....My AZZ
Wish I was in Costa Rica getting my groove on with the local chicks!!

Nicole

I think he is sooo sexy! If he wants to party let him. I just wish I was there to hang out with him and maybe dance with him.

Sofia

next time party in NICARAGUA, it's way better!!!!! :). Mathew is so incredibly HOT, not only does he have this SEXY way of carrying himself, he knows how to balance having FUN and WORKING hard, and he seems pretty interested in trying new things/seeing the WORLD from a different perspective- especially Spanish and Hispanic culture!!!! way to go!!!! you are awesome!!!!!!!

Frankie

Just because hes a celeb doesn't mean hes not normal!

Alex

Mathew must have been saying... "shhhh... I know I'm a movie star... don't remind me...!!"

Ann

He's falling down drunk and that's definately not sexy just sloppy.

Dawnee

He is a yummy, yummy, man, I tell ya. Kind, considerate and REAL!!!! Not many of those in ole' tinseltown can say that.

LeeAnn in SF

#14 lady you r so right..but I like get hard and lets go home ..what a FOX..no one compares to this man AAAAhhhhh...MMMMMM SO FINE

Jorge

First picture looks like he's in the middle of a serious burp. Awesome.

Vicki H

Why does anyone care if he parties his way. There isn't anyone following you or your neighbor around with a camera, is there?

Paulette

She looks a little bent, Matthew is probably just trying to tell her to chill out. Rock on with your bad self Matthew!!!

grace cook

it's time to grow-up matthew