Pharrell's 18-Karat Phone

7/25/2006 2:24 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

pharrell williams
Pharrell Williams is setting new standards of bling.

The mogul-turned-singer showed off his new 18-karat-gold Blackberry during a stopover in New York to promote his solo album, "In My Mind."

Williams' Blackberry was designed by Jacob Arabo, the New York bling king known as Jacob the Jeweler. Arabo was arrested in June as part of a nationwide drug and money-laundering sweep and currently is awaiting his next court date.

Tommy

Maybe all those starving kids should go make some beats and get a gold phone too. or go cop some top ramen.

MooG

Re: Concerned Phone User

Educate yourself on mobile data solutions before shooting your mouth off like an idiot. Q cannot compete with BB. Not only does it reboot 2x daily and run a s#itty OS, but it's not even parterned with a secure enterprise solution.

GJ

A telephone should not be that expensive. WHat if it gets lost.

Concerned Phone User

He should have a Motorola Q phone. Blackberry will be obsolete once the Q takes over.

With all of the same features of the Blackberry, and more, the Motorola Q delivers the perfect QWERTY smartphone in a thin and stylish design!

Let there be Q!

Rochelle

You know when it comes to rich people buying those things that rich people do, I sorta think that it's not really their responsibility to aid the hunger stricken poor countries around the world. The politicians are the ones we should be pointing our fingers at. Money is relative most of us have some, but are we doing what we can to aid poorer countries. I just signed up to donate monthly to Darfur aid, and I have three children, two of which are in college being supported on about $55,000.00 a year.

Jamie

To : FTC,poster #6,
First of all,having a lot of "bling" is not "Black Culture." It is just a lot of hype perpetuated by rappers,hip hop moguls and other celebrities to call attention to themselves. Don't show your ignorance by buying into everything the media puts out there.!

Jamie

Sorry,I meant poster #7.

jessica

Foreign countries aside, we have plenty of domestic poverty here. People like this do not deserve money. They deserve a kick to the head. I hope someone steals it. He deserves it.
I understand buying nice things with your money, heck we all do....there is just a point where it is ridiculous......

CD

Well Pharalle worked hard for his money also so if thats what he wants to do with his money so be it. As long as he is paying his tithes thats between him and God. I personally would not have spent that much on a phone but its his money he worked for it and if thats what he choose to do with it then its on him. He probably does donate to charites the media probably just dont show that side.

Uh?

Watch this clip and shut up.....http://www.flurl.com/item/Bottle_Rocket_Fun_f_2116/....Be sure to turn the volume up too....

me

ridiculous....shame pharrell shame...

Who Cares

People have a problem with Oprah and she does a lot fot the communities.. This dumb negro should spend his money for the embetterment of people. I am a black woman who has pure disguise with these so call entertainers. When you have money to purchase a 18K blackberry, and people are starving right in your backyard, thats nonsense and I don't care who doesn't agree because I am not looking for you support. There is so much more to life then spending money. Greed! We are suppose to spread the love. Anyway, I hope he loses it or someone bus him in his head.......18K blackberry, oh yeah, why is Jacob still making money? Isn't he in jail? Negroids!!! can we please stop trying to live like the caucasoids...we were so much better of before segregation. LETS BE WHO WE ARE< AND NOT JUST A JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHERES SURI CRUISE

I LOVE HOW MY COMMENTS BE GETTING PULLED OUT THIS SITE

Deanna

#12 and #13--I agree with your postings 100%!!

Unknown

The motorola Q sucks! If the Motorola Q didn't take over the Blackberry now, it won't do it later.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments