Go Fur-Free & Win Tix to Fashion Show

9/5/2006 8:23 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jay McCarrollNineteen months after winning the first season of "Project Runway," Jay McCarroll is finally debuting his clothing line on September 15 during NY Fashion Week.

To celebrate, McCarroll, in collaboration with The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), is giving away two tickets (plus airfare and hotel) to a fan who promises to go fur-free.

Interested fashionistas need to first pledge to never buy products that use fur or fur trim. Sorry J.Lo and Beyoncé.

Next, they need to get their friends to sign the pledge too. Whoever recruits the most fur-less friends by September 8 will win the tix to see Jay in the Big Apple.

Everyone who signs the pledge will also be entered in a drawing to win one of McCarroll's handbags.

McCarroll proves you can have a killer look without hurting a fly -- or a fox.

Lou

To anyone who wears real fur, I have to say "It looked better on the original owner." Face it, wearing real fur is just a status symbol and conspicuous consumption.

bebest

totally agree bonnie. that is actually a cool concept to do that. hopefully it works better than some of PETA's antics.

Holly

I think this is a great idea. I just don't understand why it is so difficult for people to get this message. I hope this turns into a trend!!

lalala

Who in their right mind would want to meet this guy? Plus, having to go through all that trouble to just see him by doing this pledge. Please no one is going to take the time to do this.

DESERT RAT

iTS NOT JUST HIM I CANT STAND THE GUY EITHER BUT I WOULD LOVE TO GO TO FASHION WEEK ................

LALALA ... THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX. NEW YORK , FREE ROOM, FREE AIR FAIR. BRING IT ON.

lalala

what I mean is some people can't afford to leave their work and you are going to pay for your own food and pay for some transportation such as cab fair. Also summer is over which could mean that some people can't take off for a vacation in New York.

get a life people

Listening to this guy is worste then fingernails on a chalk board...What is it with gay men? Why must they speak the way they do........

matt

Here's a cute video of Jay talking about why he's fur-free:

P.S. Take it easy lalala--no one is going to force you to go!

I know TONS of people who would love to attend fashion week, and especially Jay's show.

He's a funny dude, he makes great clothes, and he's nice to animals.

Um, you can't get much better than that.

sam

Good for him. You can make great cloths without having to use animal fur. What's so hard about that? Don't know why anyone would continue to use fur in their clothing line in this day and age. There are so many alternatives.

Andrea

I can't wait to see more of Jay McCarroll's designs. He's got a great future. I hope more up and coming designers also decide to not use real fur. Its unquestionably cruel and I don't think it adds much aestheticlly. Nice to have somebody like Jay to counter shallow fur-pushing celebs like Beyonce and her sister