Anna Nicole Found Son Dead in Her Hospital Room

9/11/2006 4:26 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Anna Nicole Smith and late son Daniel in 2004.TMZ has gathered further details in the tragic death of Anna Nicole Smith's son Daniel in the Bahamas yesterday morning. According to police, Smith herself found Daniel in her hospital room yesterday around 9:00 am, thinking that he was asleep. She then tried to wake him up and, after he didn't respond, immediately called for help. At that point, doctors and staff were not able to revive 20-year-old Daniel. Anna Nicole had just given birth three days earlier in the same hospital to a baby daughter.

The police continue to maintain that there were no signs of visible injury on the body, and that there were no signs of violence in the room. Police add that they haven't deemed the death a homicide, and do not suspect foul play.

Sources cited by the local newspaper Nassau Guardian have suggested that the cause of death was a "massive heart attack," but neither doctors nor the local coroner has confirmed this. And the Guardian adds that Daniel Smith arrived in Nassau on Saturday, after his mother had given birth.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Seattleite

How sad is this? RIP Daniel. I pray that God's grace and peace be with Anna during this diffucult time.

sean

mere words cannot express what a tragedy this is. on the wings of angels her son's spirit soars...

kathleen

This is SO sad--my heart goes out to you, Anna. He was a GOOD son!

paula

How tragic...for anyone to lose a child is the most gut wrenching pain in the world. How bitter-sweet for her to have just had one come in to this world and one sadly go out. My thoughts and prayers and with her. No one deserves that.

Mandy

Our thoughts and prayers are with his family!May God be with you all and help mend your broken hearts.

courtney

thats so sad!!!!

the wise old owl

OH MY GOODNESS . THIS IS SO SAD. You can't even imagine what pain is unless you experience the loss of a CHILD. What could have happened ? A massive heart attack at his age. I hope he wasn't doing drugs. That would be very tragic indeed. What an ironic thing. Just days before giving birth to a baby girl , a most joyous occation. Only to lose your other child a couple days later. My thoughts and prayers go out to Anna. She may have had drug problems in the past , but she always seemed to show GREAT LOVE FOR SON. God bless him.

Sad for Anna

My prayers are with Anna.

maya

Oh, how sad for her. And to have this happen right after giving birth to a child, the stress must be incredible.Poor Nicole.

swan

this is not ment to be nasty, or cutting.
After reading of this earlier this am, and then learning of the boy's death of a massive heart attack, it is possible that Daniel had heart issues from a life of withheld stress?

Just wondering?

jessica cleary

Having lost my baby girl to SIDS 18 months ago I know how awful the pain is of losing a child. I think such an unexpected death and not knowing or having the chance to say good bye makes it hurt that much more. My thoughts and prayers are with her.

Uh?

Anna Nicole.....Don't know what to say.....May God Bless You, Dear....

Patty

Something doesn't feel right about this story. First off, reports state that her son was "found dead in HIS bed at the Doctor's Hospital." If he was in HIS bed, does that mean he was in the hospital at the same time as his mother? If so, was he being treated for something at this hospital? Why did Anna Nicole give birth in the Bahamas? I, too, had a lot of compassion for her son, especially as I watched the trainwreck of his mother's life. I wondered how in the hell he was supposed to live a "normal" life with her. He seemed to be her rock but perhaps that rock couldn't handle it anymore. Drug abuse? Suicide? Whatever happened, may he rest in sweet peace.

Your number one fan!

My heart goes out to you Anna. Your in my prayers...

Didi

The soul is said to enter the baby on the third day. You must look at this as a spiritual elevation for your son..that he could live again and take another body form and give himself 20 more years on earth with you as a fresh start. I think if you talk with a spiritual expert maybe this could be true. I am so sad though because I know it must hurt....but you have to look at the timing.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments