Ellen Goes Pink for a Good Cause

9/29/2006 5:55 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Sheryl Crow and Ellen DeGeneresOctober is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and Ellen DeGeneres is hosting a special episode of her show on Monday to mark the occasion. Ellen, whose mother is a breast cancer survivor, is joined by breast cancer survivor Sheryl Crow who shares some preventive tips.

Crow, who has undergone treatment for breast cancer, told Ellen that she thinks recovery is as much mental as it is physical. "I think we can go through all the scientific aspects of disease, but I think you also have to weigh in the metaphysical aspects," she said. "And a lot of that is attitude and how does it tie into your life and how you see yourself."

Be sure to check out a special episode of "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" on Monday.

clinton

I wish Crow would shut up about her bout with cancer. Her ordeal didn't even measure on the scale of 1-10 of cancer. Ethridge's battle was far worse and she doesn't milk it for publicity. After Breast Cancer month this month, I hope Sheryl shuts up a while about Cancer and Lance.

Susan

I am a breast cancer survivor and Sheryl Crow is correct. Attitude is everything! Awareness is key! Every case is unique and specific to the individual and their course of treatment is also unique and specific. And Clinton, unless you have been there, please refrain from making stupid comments.

moretocome

She's raising awareness about breast cancer and you have to talk smack about that? I think TMZ has found their biggest loser right here on their very own site.

Susan, I don%u2019t know you but I am delighted to hear you are a survivor and I wish you well. With your attitude I%u2019m sure you will remain strong and healthy. Each day is a gift and I%u2019m one girl that%u2019s in-love with life!

scharf

Every case of breast cancer is different. Sometimes it comes down to sheer luck as to whether you beat it or not. Saying it's a matter of "attitude" implies that it's a woman's fault if she suffers a recurrence or succumbs to the disease. Could anyone say Linda McCartney didn't have a good attitude? I'm sure she fought hard, had the best of treatment and had a positive attitude. It's not fair to blame the woman for her sickness and a lot of this "attitude" stuff is sheer rubbish. By all means a woman should take control of her treatment and do everything she can to take care of herself, but it's not "attitude" that's going to save her life. It's the right treatment and doctor and sometimes just luck.

moretocome

Wooooooo. Way to be a real dick head there "scharf". That's it attack women with cancer, bonehead!