U2's

Irish Tower

10/6/2006 12:56 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Bono and the boys are finally getting the ivory tower they deserve.

U2 Tower
The Irish rock band is teaming up with Dublin, Ireland's Docklands Development Authority to create the U2 Tower. The 450 foot twisting tower will be the tallest structure in the city. The majority of the tower will consist of two-bedroom apartments expected to fetch upwards of $3 million each depending on the view.

But its the reason for the namesake of the tower that makes it special. At the top of the twisting building will be a penthouse and recording studio for the band. With their own special elevator from the ground floor to their studio, the band will be able to record while looking out over the sea and city.

The tower will bring new meaning to the band's hit song "Vertigo."

BRITTANY

little over the top... but i love them they f***ing rock!!!

Caroline

what a bunch of egotistical f***heads.

umbrosexual

I love proper rock stars.

kat

who in the heck in Ireland could afford $3 mill for an apartment, in fact who in the world unless you are famous.....I love U2, but please don't ruin the beauty of Ireland with that piece of crap.....

Skip

Where do I sign up?!?!
Those guys are awesome!

Miss Smith

That thing is atrocious! It completely ruins the beauty of that seascape. Bono - you are always fighting to save Africa... Save the natural beauty of Ireland too!

mare

Let them build it. If people can afford it they'll pay. If not they will drop the price and I'll move in.

All of you guys pull your underpants out of your ass, now breath.

I love you guys (U2 and I'm not irish) If ireland doesn't want you Michigan does.

Mare

Bi-Polar Hippie

I wonder if I am the only person in America that wonders how the hell U2 got so popular with such mediocre music. I don't get it.

Miss Smith

Ben - I am right there with you.
(Now watch all the hate messages pile up)

Jack

F*** you Caroline,you stupid bitch U2 had their studio torn down by the the same Dublin Development company that is building that new tower...they didn't ask for this tower........they had a modest two floor recording studio that they were happy with and they were told the studio had to ripped down to make room for a new development area by the Dublin Development group.
And to you Ben you wouldn't know what good music was if it you in the face..no other band has kept them same 4 members for 30 years

Jack

Umm Kat your comments disturb me..Ireland is not some backward country...Ireland is currently one of the richest countries in Europe,plenty of people can afford to pay for apartments there.

Caroline

Haha, Jack. You're an egotistical f*** too. You and U2 can go leap off a cliff together.

Caroline

JACK, this article said nothing about the development company and how they tore down u2's studio, so don't come in here acting like a dick.
and u2 is way overrated.

Bi-Polar Hippie

Jack......
The answer to your question.... Aerosmith. 1971 And yes....way better than U2 if you were wondering..

Just because your favorite band is mediocre, you don't have to get all p*ssed off.

( Miss Smith,..you sure called that one :) )

mare

lets be nice now people. U2 has been together for over 25 years. If you like them great if not find another blog.

I personally love the whole band if one of the memebers were gone the band wouldn't sound the same. These are four guys that struggled to get to the top. And now there there. They've got recognition from the top brass. They've made their millions and now they can sit fat. What other band has given so much back. The Rolling Stones. Sir Mick didn't go to G8 and ask for debt relief.

Sorry you don't see the good in the band I do. Difference of oppinion

Mare