Did Tony Danza Ambush Rachael Ray?

11/15/2006 2:01 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

David Letterman got a call last night that ranks as one of the strangest ever. The caller described being at a taping of the Rachael Ray show where Tony Danza flipped out.

According to Dave's caller, Danza wasn't even a guest on Ray's show. No one seemed to realize he was even there until he just suddenly called out from the audience, "Ziti my ass!"

After that it was madness. Tony reportedly accused Rachael of stealing his show, and then rushed the stage -- chasing Rachael with an unknown substance in a garbage bag.

When tasers got involved, the story entered the realm of "too good to be true".

The caller didn't think it was a Rachael Ray skit. But it could well have been a David Letterman skit. Either way, we love the story.

PB Stetser

As a loyal, loving Dave fan for over 20 years, I think I can assure you it was a Dave skit. He had a similar skit several weeks ago as well.
It was funny!
PB

Mike

The video link isn't working.

Penny Woods

It worked for me. Maybe it's the browser you're using?

Michael

Its a skit...he's done the same type several times before.

Jazz

Anybody who saw it knows it was a skit - and it was hilarious.

Get Rid of Hollywoods Crack Whores NOW

Too bad it didnt really happen, that would have been funny as hell and all over you tube!

Katie

It was hilarious. The caller was someone who works at Dave's office. He called up to her and she recounted the story to him. it was typical Dave.

Libby

Dave rules!!

tmz_reader

I don't think it's real, but it's real funny

Kim

I don't buy it HOWEVER I think Rachel Ray is shady. I used to like her, but she's losing lots of credibility and I don't think the skit is helping her. Too many rumours about her and/or her management stealing ideas and money-grubbing. She still owes people money from before she was famous. I wouldn't be surprised if the next TMZ post about her was: RACHAEL RAY EATS BABIES.

sickofitall

Its a classic Letterman.

Hello Kitty

Rats :O(

If it had took place.. Joel on The Soup would have hit this one out of the park !