Seinfeld on "Kramer" Tirade: "I Am Sick"

11/20/2006 10:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Jerry Seinfeld and Michael RichardsThe jerk store called. They ran out of Michael Richards.

Just hours after TMZ exposed "Kramer's" vile and racially-charged diatribe at a Hollywood comedy club, the actor's former "Seinfeld" co-stars are weighing in.

In a statement released by Jerry Seinfeld, the comedian said, "I am sick over this. I'm sure Michael is also sick over this horrible, horrible mistake. It is so extremely offensive. I feel terrible for all the people who have been hurt."

Jay Billion

It's sad that some people seem to say things that are hateful and wrong. Its one thing to feel a certain way, but to demean a whole race because of two hecklers is unacceptable. If it were a middle eastern person going off about white people or America, you would want him to be deported. If it were a person making anti semetic comments they would be kicked out of entertainment. What I see here is ignorant statements like "Tell it like it is Kramer." Regardless of who makes these statements it shows racism is well and alive.

Puh der Baer

I don't think Lilly looks/sounds pathetic at all. You'd turn YOUR back on a long-time friend???
Sometimes people just snap, what they say isn't necessarily what they truly mean, but everybody here knows all the words, and all the right buttons to push when truly fed up. He wanted maximum reaction, unfortunately he got it. If somebody (black) was calling me a dumb cracker from the audience, I don't know what I'd say if the mood was right/wrong, but it wouldn't be pretty, and it wouldn't mean I a racist deep-down.

Rachel

Crapbag? How apropo. If you actually READ my post I said Jerry should not turn his back on a friend of 30 years. NOT that an apology was not in order. Now run along to your sensitivity training idiot

sam

No excuse works. He was wrong. Having your friend say he's sorry for what you said, does not excuse the remarks. I agree his career is over, or it should be!

Jay

Keep up the good fight Kramer.

Jay

Maybe he should have put an "A" at the end of the "N" word and then it would have been a term of endearment. Whites have one group, the KKK and they get all kinds of flack for that.

Al

Jerry, Excelent way to support every one involved in this Tragedy and also show the humiliating compatuion for all those who were hurt!

Jay Billion

I was not offended initially, because I just wrote Michael Richards off. I just figured I wouldn't support him anymore. What has now really offended me is that the comments of support for this tirade are so many. The poll said 40% of people don't see him now as a racist. The people that support him, you guys really don't see this is not pity. This is the same as me talking against you, your mother or your family, and then asking why are you getting upset? You yourself say negative things about your mother and yourself. You excuse your racism by saying "well they say it". They just don't want us to. The question is why do you want to say it? Whats attractive about that word? He said 50 years ago you would be hanging with a f--king fork in your ass. How can you defend that?

Jen

Wow! I was a huge Seinfeld fan, but now I don't think I will be able to watch the show anymore. What Richards said crossed so many lines I can't even comprehend what kind of person he must be. No matter what anyone in the audience could possibly have said to me, I never in a million years would have said what he did. That kind of hate is a sickness. He needs help. Maybe medication. I can't believe this isn't getting much press. Mel Gibson got wayyyyyy more. But Richards' statements, in public no less, are just as disturbing, if not worse.

Kim

If you can't handle a few hecklers , and reacts like he did he need s to have a change in employment.

bitch

Angie, you shut the f*** up, if white people feel a double standard complain about it other races have the balls to speak out, don't get mad cause whites don't.

Jay

Jan- Michael Richards was not endangering lives when he was on his tirade as Mel Gibson was. They both have their opinions and they are like a$$holes, everyones got one.

Who cares?

Monique

You white devils deserve every misery, misfortune, tragedy you obtain in life... It kills me how u can still condemn Mel Gibson for his remarks; but when an idiot stands up on stage and denounces and degrades an entire race of people (for no reason) you can say it was just comedy or the people deserved it. NO wonder the rest of the world hates us and cant wait to blow us up. We're such a nation of ignorance, that a good majority of US citizens deserve to to be put 6 feet under. Especially a bunch of A**holes that post on this blog...

sam

What makes you think he his friend? Sorry but from the interview I watched about a week ago Jerry and his ex-cast members do not hang out nor have they remained or become "friends". The know each other and have worked together but that's it. Jerry did the right thing, distance yourself from this loser. The sooner the better.

Lilly, I guess I was reacting to your "PC moron" remark. I don't see why people have to start calling names to make a point, instead of just using proper English to respond intelligently. But that’s me. You have the right to express yourself using words that you know.

joe

it wasn't hate, it was telling these jerks off. Go for it Cosmo!