Danny DeVito -- Hammered on "The View"?

11/29/2006 4:35 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Danny DeVito says he and George Clooney had a long night out last night -- and by the look of things on "The View" this morning, it caught up with him.

DeVito, appearing as a guest on the show to plug his latest comedy, "Deck the Halls," told the View gals that he might not have gotten to sleep just yet ... before the 10 AM taping.

Then, cursing his seventh limoncello (a lemon liqueur) from the night before, DeVito went on an extended, Three Stooges-esque rant against President Bush, much of which was bleeped out by network censors. He also talked about making full use of the Lincoln Bedroom in the White House when he and wife Rhea Perlman stayed there.

Joy and Rosie laughed at DeVito's antics. Elisabeth seemed tolerably amused, despite the political slant. Barbara, however, was very much not so, glaring icily at the "limonized" DeVito.

DeVito's rep Stan Rosenfield tells TMZ that his client had asked for Barbara Walters' phone number today, and that he would say "what needed to be said privately" to her. Rosenfield also confirmed that DeVito and Clooney were out last night together, and that "they had a good time."

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Ms. Scarlet

Oh my... I'm not sure what to say??!!

ShortyHater

What? Who Cares?

me

love him!!!!!!!!!

Indy Tom

Well - I planned to take my family to see this movie.

Looks like we will wait for it on the USA Network next year. I am not spending a dime on this buffoon.

Wicked

Who cares...is right. I watched the show this morning...he may have been 'buzzed', but WTF...I'm buzzed every morning.

Rosie Fan

Makes for good TV! And I love watching how the hosts handle these situations. Barbara is so uptight and ends all the fun on the View. Rosie and Joy went with it and were good sports...their stand-up training probably helps a lot in unpredictable situations such as these. It's fine to have this mishaps because it's entertaining. It's less entertaining when Barbara is censoring everything and sweeping problems under the rug and making everything so darn serious! That may be the way to handle professional work issues, but the thing is - they are on TV for the audience's entertainment!!!

Danny the drunken dwarf

Barbra did I ever tell you that your facelifts have taken their toll?

Diane

I agree with "Who Cares". I saw it this morning and thought he was really funny. At least it wasn't Rosie "outing" people or being the GLAD police!

maygirl

Gosh people, have a sense of humor. He's human - he's allowed to drink and get drunk, and act foolish. Lighten up.....

bag

i watched this.......he was so trashed/drunk....rosie tried saving him....it was hysterical....

crystal

ALRIGHT ALRIGHT BARBARA Calm down noone's mouth was covered!!

Jim

It seemed harmless to me. He didn't take liberty with n word or anything. Babs has got a bug up her arse.

Pieta

What a fucking loser. Bash your head in instead of bush - you draft dodger. Rosie...your days are numbered....you will get fired sooner than you think. Liberals make me sick ---- same old shit-----you are all deluded.

BC

The Lincoln bedroom revelations were a lot more than I needed to know---is nothing sacred any more? Yuck!

lisainla