Kramer Rant Boosts DVD Sales

11/29/2006 5:50 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

SeinfeldIt seems that there really is no such thing as bad press -- even press generated by racist tirades.

Sales of season seven of "Seinfeld" are up 75% over season six and 90% over season five -- after one week of sales, according to website DVD Empire. Meanwhile, DeepDiscountDVD.com reports a staggering 178% increase over season six. Sales are up despite Jesse Jackson calling for a boycott.

Seasons five and six were released on the same day last year. TMZ's video of Michael Richards' hideous harangue was first seen on November 20 -- one day before season seven was released. Richards went on "The Late Show with David Letterman" that same night to apologize.

To paraphrase Seinfeld ... is there anything wrong with that?

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

karenk

I had no interest in buying the DVD until Jesse Jackson called for a boycott after he apologized on his program and after the men in question are suing Richards for damages. Why should he pay monetary damages when the word is used by many and is also selling on a t-shirt? And why, Rev. Jackson, "REVEREND" do you have this man as a guest on your program -- there to apologize and ask for forgiveness..that which as a reverend you'd be first to understand, then you turn around and ask for boycott? I don't think your intentions are all that honorable.
I will buy the DVD for someone.

Thinking in Type

Okay, what Richards did was uncalled for, but does that doggone Jesse Jackson have to get his stinky ass into EVERYTHING???? When the heck is he going to go away???

_aLL3y3zPonM3_

This just shows what the world has come to..Make racist remarks, act like u regret saying it,by saying you're sorry and then sit back & watch sales for the DVD release come in,so that Richards can get more royalties..good job...NOT..this just makes me sick reading it..

blah blah blah

I'm not supporting Michael Richards racist bull sh*t remarks and act, but
HAA HAA goes out to Jessie Jackson. He's just as much of a racist bigot as Richards is. The only difference is he is more of a fool and thrives for racial publicity. and is a hypocrite

A Black Person

I never liked Krammer's in the closet, ugly, nappy headed, little dick ass or the hell the whole Seinfield show. Never seen it and never will but, I think it's unfair to boycott something that the other members had nothing to with.

Magical Mike

This just proves that EVERYONE HATES N*GGERS.

And supports Kramer!!!!

north woods

ok, I will buy the DVD to. I LOVE SEINFELD
and I think it would'nt have been as good without Kramer.

blah blah blah

To this day It makes no sense to me how one can spew out insulting sh*t remarks to the host in general and then sue for damages when the host spews sh*t remarks make
2 wrongs don't make a right
a tit for a tat

just get your ass up and leave if it's not entertaining to you is my philosophy

Magical Mike

BTW Tell Jesse Jackson to go F*** and get pregnant more of his "secrateries"

If he wants justice why doesen't he start with HIS FAMILY AND WIFE.

Stupid hypocritical piece of s***

Tell Jesse Jackson to stop cheating on his wiife before he tells anyone else what to do.

F*** Jesse Jackson.

north woods

If anything Kramer made a career come-back!
I like him now even better!

Alison

LOLOLOLOLOL. Jesse Jackson is such a putz. When I heard about the boycott, I decided to buy the DVD set. I am a big Seinfeld fan, but had skipped purchasing seasons 5 & 6 due to financial difficulties. I would go without groceries just to proove to Jackson he is a bigger moron than Richards. At least Richards apologized. He asked for forgiveness and Rev. Jackson turned his back on him. He is such a hypocrite. He makes me embarrassed that I am a Christian along with him. Our God is a forgiving God and Jesse Jackson sure doesn't represent the ideals that God wants us to have.

Good for Michael Richards for having the cahones to lay his ass and humility on the line and apologize to the world. I love all people and I will forgive him - none of us are perfect.

Kandyrain

Bill Clinton you need to use spell check!

blah blah blah

7. To this day It makes no sense to me how one can spew out insulting sh*t remarks to the host in general and then sue for damages when the host spews out insulting sh*t remarks
2 wrongs don't make a right
a tit for a tat

just get your ass up and leave if it's not entertaining to you is my philosophy

Kandyrain

All these people making the racial comments will never say these things in front of African Americans. These are the same people who in a group will say they are shocked by the statements Michael Richards made. Do me and the rest of the world a favor and wear your white sheets in public so that we (decent americans) can know who you are.

p1tey1

Most of the previous responses are so ridiculous. Black people loved Seinfeld too and I know some who accepted Michael Richards apology and STILL purchased the dvd.

What a bunch of back-woods, redneck, a**holes. I'll bet you all smell like dogs when you get wet too. LMAO!!!!!!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments