Britney's "Bad Girl" Defense

12/7/2006 10:17 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Britney SpearsBritney Spears is finally owning up to some wicked behavior – but says that she's just trying to make up for lost time.

In a statement posted on her home page last night, Britney says, "I probably did take my new found freedom too far ... Every move I make at this point has been magnified more than I expected," a winking reference to a certain part of her anatomy that captured a nation's attention. "Thank God for Victoria's Secrets' [sic] new underwear line!"

But Britney asks for our understanding: "It's been so long since I've been out on the town with friends. It's also been 2 years since I celebrated my birthday."

Can Bill Clinton Put Lindsay on the Straight and Narrow?

Lindsay Lohan wants to enlist that paragon of moral rectitude – Bill Clinton – to help her rescue her flailing public image.

In a rambling email she sent to friends and lawyers, the freckled phenom says, "Hilary [sic] Clinton, Bill Clinton ... would be willing [to help], if we just ask. If we just ASK." What's more, as Page Six reports, another Clinton-era crony wants to lend a hand as well: "Al Gore will help me. He came up to me last night and said he would be very happy to have a conversation with me." She also mentions one "LR" whom she intends to take to court for "what she's done to me."

It's not the first time Lohan has blurted out pretty much the first thing that came to her head – she issued a similarly head-scratching missive when director Robert Altman died.

Oprah Doesn't Make the TomKat Cut -- Again

So TomKat, like a lot of couples who get married somewhere far-off and exotic, want to celebrate their union a little closer to home with, well, the junior varsity portion of their friends. And, reports Us Weekly, they're having a bash this Saturday at the home of Tom's producing partner Paula Wagner. But guess who isn't coming to dinner even the second time? Oprah --or so her rep says. Arnold Robinson, Cruise's rep, confirms the party, and says it's "for friends (who) were not able attend the wedding in Italy."

Party Favors: K-Fed Tries To Get Smarter ... McPhee Album Coming in January ... Madonna To Do Another H&M Collection

Could K-Fed really be getting serious about rehabbing his image? Page Six says he was spotted at the launch party for a new book called "The Concise Guide to Sounding Smart at Parties," and chatted up the authors for tips ... Songstress Katharine McPhee will unveil her first album post-"American Idol" in January, tentatively titled "Never Saw It Comin'." The album is described by the apple-cheeked McPhee as "rhythm pop" and she says it might surprise people who "thought I was going to make a Streisand record." ... Madonna will be putting her imprimatur on another collection for H&M, to be called "M by Madonna," and it'll be a women's wear line to be launched globally in March.

Add to: My AOL, MyYahoo, Google, Bloglines
AOL Alerts

Deb

McPhee, get over yourself! You think you are even comparable to Streisand? Honey you couldn't sing your way out of a wet paper bag. The ONLY reason you weren't booted off of the show WAY earlier, is because of your daddy and his "friends" in LA, and the "wardrobe malfunction"! To deny that is making you look like an even MORE pathetic person than you really are! Your album will be for sale in the dollar stores before you know it! Go the f*** away!

Semantha

Both Britany and Lindsay shows America that you definately can't buy class.

Sarah

Good for her, she is finally defending herself, not that she really needed to in the first place. The media coverage of her "out of control" partying is sooooo ridiculous!!!!! Her kids are safe at home while she is out blowing some steam. Just because she has kids doesn't mean she has to say home at night , knit sweaters, and bake pies, while her kids are sleeping, give me a break people! I have the best mother anyone can ask for and she went out with friends........I had a babysitter, not exactly a new concept. I think a lot of the anger is jelousy from other mothers. Just b/c she has kids doesn't mean she should be confined to her home, like she has been the last 2 years.

I'm really glad she is taking it all in stride and I hope that the media and other people stop blowing things wayyyyyyy out of proportion.........find a new person to pick on people!

Team Britney!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!XOXO

Bi-Polar Hippie

Okay, is there everybody is supposed to start the "TEAM BRIT" crap now the she is making excuses about missing out on the party scene? Seriously,..if you all start forgiving her and supporting her,.....you have all "been had".

johanna sarrocco holman

i really dont know what to say. all i know is she needs to buckle down and start lving her life clean and not running around town like some oversized teenager. i understand she wants to have a good time but i know what its like to let things snow out of control. you dont have to party every night and drink either. i myself was starting to get caught up in that kind of life. and i started to see if i let it continue things could of got more out of control. britney needs to find true friends not one nighter friends. she needs to get herself around strong women who will set an example and help her not do things that can make her image and her life complicated and hetec. there isnt anything wrong to go out but do you need to drink every night and not wear underware. come on brit set an example for your children. you choose to be a mom now start cleaning yourself up and start acting it. i know your going through a hard time and i hope you can find some friends who will build you up and make you stronger instead of making you look weaker and ruin yourself. dont make the same mistakes of some women who loose their kids. you love your kids show them. get your act together. i know you can do it. johanna from maine

Lisa

Britney, if you wanted to make up for lost time, you should NOT have had children, idiot! You can't have it BOTH ways, dumb ass. Women have babies everyday, so do celebrities, you don't see them "making up for lost time". You are a disgrace.

I guess there will be an interview next. This cokehead is PATHETIC, just like her stupid ass fans.

Lisa

#1 Actually, can we change Britney's name to sh*tney? Who the hell cares about that slutty cocaine addict? Kevin is doing his thing, he's not bothering anyone.

You people blame Britney's behavior on Kevin, then on Paris, this bitch Britney is the root of all her problems, and Kevin ain't one. Sick of him? Jealous much?

teeks

#18, Britney is partying all night till 5am. First of all, young babies don't sleep the whole night thru, so who is with them when they wake up at night? The babysitter.

Then, you think Britney comes home at 5am, and takes care of her kids all day, then goes out for another night of partying? Just when does she sleep? Your pathetic 'team britney' excuse makes no sense.

Britney is partying all night and likely sleeping most of the day to get rid of her hangover. It clearly doesn't leave room for much quality time with the kids. I wouldn't be surprised if her kids call the nanny 'Mommy'.

And you say "just because she is a mother doesn't mean she has to stay home with the kids" YES IT DOES, DUMBASS. That's what being a mother is. K-fed is looking better and better.

Afiya

Hey TMZ...did BritNit call and tell you to remove that hand-holding childish photo and replace it with the 40 y/o nitwit Brit?

Lindsey...as my daughter would say "Go home and read a book".

I'm sure O is real upset TomKat didn't invite her - AGAIN...NOT! she has Gayle to jump up and down with.

Poor FedEx...I'm beginning to feel sorry for the boy...

Connie

BOO HOO!!! You made your own choices as an adult, so accept and deal with it. If you're already feeling deprived, how do you expect to make it as a parent...it hasn't even been two years since you've been one, lol! I had my first at barely 18 and he's turning 15 this Sunday. Guess what? I had to give up running wild, and believe me, my three boys deserve and are worth that. It's tragic you feel yours don't and aren't.

Eli

BRITNEY IS JUST A SIMPLE DUMB BLONDE THAT HAS NO CLUE WHAT TO DO WITH HERSELF AFTER HAVING HER CHILDREN!

I DONT THINK THEIRS ANYTHING WRONG WITH PARTYING AFTER YOU HAVE KIDS AS LONG AS YOU DONT DO IT EVERY NIGHT, BUT I DO FIND SOMETHING WRONG IN HER GOING AROUND AND SHOWING HER COOCH, SHE SHOULD SHOW SOME MORE RESPECT AS A MOTHER OF TWO AND TO THE WORLD!

kc

Britney doing drugs and being drunk out of your mind till 6-7 am is never cool as a mother to two little ones. Your selfishness is showing again.

It's not even like she's been going out with REAL friends to dinner and catching up with them. That I could understand, wanting to reconnect to people you lost touch with since getting married and having children.

But she's going out and partying with people we had never seen her with before hand, does she really believe any of them are REAL friends? No not at all. They're just using her. Going out to clubs and house parties with a bunch of strangers seems really empty and sad to me actually. If you need a break from being a new mommy go get a massage or something. Partying nonstop is not the answer. Your poor boys are gonna suffer cause even if you stop for awhile, it's just gonna keep happening again and again.

teeks

#25, you said "FOR THOSE OF YOU SAYING SHE SHOULDNT GO OUT CAUSE SHE HAS KIDS, I HAVE A QUESTION FOR YOU...ARE YOU YOUNG? I BET YOUR NOT TALKING LIKE THAT, YOU SHOULDNT BE BETTY CROCKER JUST CAUSE YOU HAVE CHILDREN!!"

No , I am 35 and I JUST had my first child. Know why? Because I was SMART enough at 20, and even 25 to know I was too young, and I still wanted to party. The time to party is when you are NOT a mother. Once you become a mother, you sacrifice that. I'm not saying you can't EVER go out. But your days of going out 9 nights in a row, getting smashed till 5 am, and walking around flashing your crotch to the world? Well honey, once you become a mom, those days are over.

teeks

sorry I meant #26 in my previous comment.

We, are not amused.

Lindsay Lohan, living proof of the concept:
"Better living through chemistry"

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments