Gore Keeps Distance

From Lohan

12/7/2006 3:49 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

lindsay_gore_getty_240-1Former Veep Al Gore seems to take issue with reports that he'll help Lindsay Lohan fight the media and clean up her image. The New York Post reported Lohan's proclamation, "Al Gore will help me. He came up to me last night and said he would be very happy to have a conversation with me."

According to Page Six, Lohan sent an e-mail to her friends and lawyers after a GQ magazine party, claiming Gore would come to her aid. TMZ contacted Gore's P.R. rep today who said, "I can confirm for you that Mr. Gore has only met Ms. Lohan once, very briefly, at the GQ Men of the Year dinner last week. There were hundreds of other guests." Not exactly what La Lohan told her buds. Slate printed what they say is a copy of the email.

Lohan, who has taken a beating in the press for her hard-partying ways, reportedly said in her e-mail, "Hilary (sic) Clinton, Bill Clinton....would be willing, if we just ask. If we just ASK." Well, TMZ asked the Ex Prez and the woman who wants to be the next Prez if they would offer Lindsay help, but their reps were mum on the subject of Lindsay.

Barack ObamaSo we then took it to Senator Barack Obama. We wondered if the senator, who may go head-to-head with Hillary in a White House run in 2008, had any advice as to whether Hillary should help Lindsay. The response: "I don't think we have any comment on that." When pressed, Obama's flack said "We're going to take a pass." Barack, we thought you weren't afraid to confront the tough issues!

Seriously

Obama wants to be President as bad as Hillary.
They both want to get in the History books. The first black President or the
first woman President.

buck stimpson

And this episode of SuperNews titled "Osama Bin Lohan" appeared on Al Gore's TV network, Current:

Think she's seen it?

jummy

...so gore's a nasty old perv...

ruffrydr

if she wants a role model, she should look to drew barrymore who cleaned herself up (without the help of an over-ambitious mother) and is now one of hollywoods heavyweights....

Richard

The Honorable Al Gore doesn't have time in the day to give Ms. Lohan the time of day, let alone assist her with anything in HER life.

As for Mr. Obama, a winning leadership combination in 08 would be Hillary with Barack Obama as a running mate. Can't beat that.

georgia

What? advice from the lying Clintons? Ha Ha Ha Ha what a joke and Gore, another joke.
Who doe Lohan think she is? Do we really care?
NOT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Jennifer

When Lindsay was at the GQ party last week I bet Al Gore was the only one nice to her. I read he wanted to make sure she understood that what he said on Leno about having a fued with her and "she knows what she did" was a joke. I think Ho-Han took it the wrong way or was so drugged out/smashed she thought she actually had a conversation with Gore about of all things her image. Sorry Lindsay, but I think the damage has already been done. That being said, I do feel sort of bad for Lindsay as she is not the equal to bitchiness of skaniness of Paris and Britney. She needs some guidance in her life. Al, get the girl into a real rehab center pronto or she is gonna latch on to you like white on rice and be your stalker. Strange kid, that Lohan.

Amanda

I think some people should consider her feelings, after all we are all human beings. It doesn't help to criticize what she is going through.

moretocome

But she's drunk. Who cares about her lies. Drunks always lie.

Norma

It's sad! Don't we have anything better to do. I read the e-mail expecting to find something significant, but I just found an angry young woman. Who knows, mabey she has the right to be angry. Either way, it's seems we've all done worse things than write an e-mail while we were hurt or angry. The fact that it has now been posted all over the U.S. has, in the least, proved her point.

paulie

I believe a Gore/Obama ticket, is the democrats answer to ANYONE BUT HILLARY. I know Bill might object...being the first MAN might get him another shot at Monica! She needs the publicity....like Billy boy needs another hole in his head. Goooooo----bama! May the farce be with you.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3