Star Jonesing After Oprah

12/20/2006 10:45 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Star Jones gallery: Click to launch photosStar Jones is admitting to the world what it already knew – that she's been a diva with a capital D – and it seems that she may be using her pal Oprah Winfrey to help her shed that image and get back on her professional feet.

Miss Jones told "EXTRA" that this New Year's, she's going with O and Gayle King to South Africa as Oprah visits the girls academies she built down there. Though the two aren't bosom pals like O & G, Oprah and Star have appeared on one another's shows, and Star could be looking to use some of the Queen of Daytime's reflected glory to land a new gig.

Meanwhile, Star says her only correspondence with her former colleagues at "The View," which she abruptly exited over the summer, was in the form of "sweet, wonderful" cards from Elisabeth. "I've gone on with my life," said Jones to 'EXTRA.'

Tara Conner gallery: Click to launch photosTara Keeps Tiara

Tara Conner got a last-minute reprieve from Donald Trump yesterday, but it might not be too long before the bad-girl beauty queen really gets the boot from the Donald.

At yesterday's press conference, Tara was a tear-streaked picture of contrition. But just a few hours later, in a phone interview with MSNBC, Tara already seemed to be pooh-poohing her boozing, saying, "I wouldn't say that I have a big drinking problem." What's more, as the New York Daily News points out, Tara verbally shrugged her shoulders at the treatment program the Miss Universe organization is providing her: "Anytime anyone gives you free anything, like therapy or rehab, you take it."

Still, no matter what her urges, Tara will find it difficult to cavort without getting caught. As one veteran paparazzo told TMZ, "That girl won't be able to hit the pavement [in New York] without cameras watching her every move."

Britney Spears gallery: Click to launch photosBritney Kicks K-Fed When He's Down

Britney's having her man-cake and shoving it in her ex's face too. According to In Touch Weekly, Spears called the Fed-Ex to ask him if he'd seen pictures of her kissing music producer "J.R." Rotem and then bragged about a sexual escapade she'd just had. What's more, Britney, according to In Touch's sources, has been taunting Federline about his newly-reduced financial status. "It was really bad," says an eyewitness. "[Brit] just started pushing his buttons ... he started screaming at her."

Eminem gallery: Click to launch galleryParty Favors: Eminem Divorced From Same Woman Twice ... Babwa To Talk to Fidel? ... Nas Wanted to Use "N-Word" in Title ... Scarlett and Josh – On Again?

Rapper Eminem and his high school sweetheart wife, Kim, divorced yesterday for the second time -- less than a year after they remarried. According to a judge, they "are a fine couple to deal with." They will share custody of their 10-year-old daughter ... Barbara Walters might be getting the last interview ever with Fidel Castro, if reports of his failing health are to believed. According to Jossip.com, Walters will meet with Castro alongside another rabidly anti-U.S. dictator type, Venezuelan president Hugo Chavez ... Rapper Nas wanted to call his latest album "N****r" because, he tells Rush & Molloy, "I don't care about sales" but had to rethink and called it "Hip Hop is Dead" instead ... Josh Hartnett and Scarlett Johansson, rumored to be on the outs, were spotted last weekend getting cozy at a Manhattan eatery, says Page Six.

Add to: My AOL, MyYahoo, Google, Bloglines
AOL Alerts

DiRTyBuNNy

So who wants to put bets down on the over/under on how long it takes Miss USA to either A. get caught snorting lines at a club or B. a sex tape with her and Miss Teen USA and Miss Universe gets released where they're chowing box on each other

Azaziah

Star jones is also known as farrah . Please dont' be a hater ! Years of repression has not been easy on her.

rota

Is it just me or does anyone else think that this Miss USA- Tara, looks MORE LIKE 31 or 41 rather than 21? That picture just put up by TMZ shows a much older woman. The lines, the expression, everything about that face screams, OLD!

Seriously

Please, what talent does Star Jones have? Anyone? I'd like to know.
She was on AOL as a "love coach". HAHAHAHAHA.
She denies she had gastric bypass. Why lie about it?

Shaka

Unfortunately, Brit and K-fed are overlooking two very important things, those two little boys. They are going to have to live with what their parents have done to themselves, each other, and their kids. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. Hopefully these two will grow up and remember that they have to wonderful little boys to raise, regardless of what they think of each other.

We, are not amused.

"Okay Tara...focus!
In this scene I need you to cry and show how sorry you are.
Are you up for it? Good!
Now...quiet on the set...ACTION!
Cut, CUT, CUT!!!
I need tears... dear big wet sloppy TEARS! Pretend that this really matters, if that doesn't get you motivated, pull a hair out of your nostril!
Okay People...TAKE TWO!!"

Wicked1

Britney Skanks can play all the games she wants. The bottom line is that Kevin will walk away with more than he walked in with. Even a million is better than nothing and he deserves every cent he gets. She is a mental case and I am sure it was no walk in the park dealing with her stupid ass.

Allred Tree

rus #22 I posted your same thought on another board here yesterday. I think she looks older that her stated age. And fake boobs, cheekbones, eyebrows and most of all TEARS!! I guess whomever can manage to invent those will be worth billions to Donald Trump.

Leny

I CANT BELIEVE YOU PEOPLE ARE SO DUMB BELIEVE THIS TRASH ABOUT BRITNEY. She will never do such a thing, that's horrible!

nancy

Ohhhhhhh PLEASE - KFed gave her crabs from a hooker in Vegas.
Nobody knows what goes on behind closed doors - so don't feel sorry for that jerk that had a great free ride for a long time. He's just trying to milk the sympathy and i can't believe you folks would give it a minute's thought.

Azaziah

I think has that terrible look on her face because they took away her swedish chiva. Think how you would feel if someone flushed your peruvian flake down the crapper. Hopefully they will give xanex, oxycontin ,percocet, or morphine to help transition thru this trying time. Bless her , this is so unjust.

amy

O.k. Is it me or does Emenem look kind of like Mathew Perry with a hat in that picture??

amy

Prnzez- I can't tell you because I didn't know who she was before the view and if I have seen her then I didn't notice who she is.

Seriously

I agree with rus, Tara looks older. Do they check birth certificates at Miss USA?

teena

OK WHO cares if britney doesnt wear underwear ?? honestly ? so what ? its not her fault paparazii are following her everyhwere cause sehs the sh*t . . like who hasnt not worn underwear anytime in their life ?