Still The Hardest Working Man in Showbiz

12/30/2006 9:53 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

James Brown has once again proven that he's still got flair ... even though he died nearly a week ago.
James Brown
The Godfather of Soul, who passed away on Christmas day, underwent one last costume change for his second viewing in Augusta, GA early Saturday morning.

Brown rocked a shiny blue blazer with a matching tie this time around, a drastic change from the suit he wore during the New York viewing on Thursday.

Eat your heart out, Cher!

Lindsey

The longer he's dead.. the better he looks!

The second picture (which is the more recent one), looks as though he's sleeping (.. but alive) the first one he looks HORRIBLE! And that was taken a day after his death?!

Mr. X

Gives new meaning to "Papa's got a brand new bag."

Pete Best

For the record - the blue suit was at Thursday's viewing, not Saturday's... but that misses a simple point: what the h*** does a corpse need a change of clothes for?!?

Ricky Ticky Tock

16. Gives new meaning to "Papa's got a brand new bag."

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

James Brown ruled. He didn't take no back talk, a real "no bullsh*t" kinda guy. He smashed out on the cops at 100 miles an hour on some yayo and the cops had to blow his tires out... THAT F***ING RULES. Not only was he funky, but he could groove like nobody else. He, along with Muhammed Ali and maybe a little help from Curtis Mayfield helped lay the foundation for hip-hop. I was saddened to hear about this, and I don't think it's disrespect at all for his casket to be open... He leaves us on the note we remember him by, flamboyant and fly. he contributed a lot to human relations in his time and was always about bringing people together. RIP, SOUL MAN!

Matt

It rules that he was traveling at 100 mph while being chased from the cops? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Would it rule if he ran down one of your loved ones? Think about what you are saying for God's sake.

cls

CNN reported he has THREE wardrobe changes (one for each day he was viewed in the casket) how very creepy. I would not think the body is vey flexable after being dead for over a week.

Jason Elias

#7 I'm fairly certain Anna Nicole Smith has Derrick Jones, Thomas, or whoever beat. I bet she took about a month to bury Daniel.

I'm a major, major James Brown fan but I don't want to see him like this. That casket should have been closed. I'm getting tired of looking at that Box of Gerald Ford too. Enough is enough...

Jerseygirlie

I agree with#2 and #6...PUT UP A WARNING FIRST OR DON'T PUT THE PICS ONTHE MAIN PAGE TMZ!

PUT IT AT THE STINKIN HEADLINE AND THEN SAY "AND LOOK WE HAVE THE PICTURES" you'll get people still clicking to see them, just ones who WANT to see him dead in a coffin...

hop on top

His complexion is looking better too! Death becomes him.

Jerseygirlie

#20, Anna's son was way different, the country wouldn't release him cause it wasn't sure what the cause of death was. I think if she could have she would have buried him sooner, it wouldn't have been as hard for her that way, imagine a family member died and you can't honor them with a service or burial for over a month because the police or whomever won't let you...different situations.

Donna

Hey, those without sin cast the first stone. James Brown was imperfect like all of us. We have all made some terrible mistakes that probably hurt others. James Brown should not be remembered for his dometic violence but for his incredible talent and inspiration to many incredible, talented individuals today. He paid for his mistakes. I am sure, we want to be forgiven for ours, too. I am sorry for the people he hurt but I choose to remember him for the good things he gave to many people of all ages. At his age, he deserves to be remembered for the good he has done which no doubt outweighs the bad. I will miss him.

kelly

If I was God I would bring him back to life.

kelly

Heck he's probably havin' so much fun he ain't wanna come back!

kelly

He's gonna let that soul music roar into the spirit world.

mike

They did a bad job,doesnt look like him.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments