Still The Hardest Working Man in Showbiz

12/30/2006 9:53 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

James Brown has once again proven that he's still got flair ... even though he died nearly a week ago.
James Brown
The Godfather of Soul, who passed away on Christmas day, underwent one last costume change for his second viewing in Augusta, GA early Saturday morning.

Brown rocked a shiny blue blazer with a matching tie this time around, a drastic change from the suit he wore during the New York viewing on Thursday.

Eat your heart out, Cher!

robin g

i'd like to know what's going through the minds of those involved in the costume changes of the corpse; that's absolutely disgusting

Pete Best

#58 - If the family didn't want the general public to see JB's body, they wouldn't have had open viewings in two states, and they wouldn't have allowed cameras in either of them. (Lou Rawls had an open visitation, and asked people not to take pictures - from everything I've seen on the Internet, that request was honored.) MSNBC was streaming coverage of the Apollo viewing, for heaven's sake.

You have every right to be creeped out if that is your position, but please don't act as spokesperson for the family unless you're on a first-name basis with any of them.

Chris

It's like showing off a dried up smelly old prune! Bury the dead for god sake!

Ceejay

Say what you want, but no man had ever lived a perfact life, not even some of ignorance asses on here. But he have done a lot of good with his live. When was the the last time some of you did something good for someone you dont know. (A few days before he died he was doing good things for others).
So say what you want about his mistakes in his life. But let god be the judge of him.

CrazY DiamonD

JAMES WHO????

Tommie

To #53-Linda Lou
What else is there to know about. In my post to you (#52), I already told you why Black people don't have to bury their own soo fast. And just for confirmation, check with your local mortician and see won't he tell you the same thing.

To#55/56-Homegirl101
Where do you all keep coming from with this spirtual thing. I already told you all the reason that Black people don't have to bury their dead soo fast.(#52). (Check with your local mortician for details.) And whenever you're in the mood, just checkout any predominately Black blog site and see the difference on how intelligent and respectful Black people express themselves versus how many of you express yourselves with ignorance, evil and hatred. Just check it out and that should be all of the confirmation you need without me saying anything else about it.

To#57-Alissa
The last time that I checked, dead people can't lock doors.

To#56

pissed off

ITS NO ONES BUSINESS HOW LONG IT TAKE TO BURY SOMEONE! WHO CARES! IF THAT WHAT THEY WANT TO DO THAN SO BE IT! WHY DOES THIS HAVE TO BECOME A RACIAL ISSUE? IN LIFE NO ONE IS PERFECT SO WHY DONT WE ALL HAVE A LITTLE MORE RESPECT FOR THE DEAD

R.I.P JAMES BROWN

My 2 cents

To # 7, if black people do keep their dead around before burying, it is simply because they can. My ex was a mortician and he explained to me that deceased white people change colors and just start looking bad much sooner than black people, and this is what allows blacks to prolong their funerals as they sometimes choose to do.

homegirl101

Tommie
There's no hatred in my post...regarding the man...here or on the other blogs...I am not racist.....I said to remember the man...not just his sin...as no one is without sin...where do you read ignorance, evil and hatred....from my posts? I respect the man....for his contribution...to the world...it's you I don't respect....

homegirl101

Tommie
Spiritual thing...dipsh*t....means that some..people don't believe the soul of the deceased...has yet reached their final resting place, Nirvana, next level, heaven..blah-blah...so some people don't bury their deceased for a cetrtain amount of days.....look it up...there are many cultures(races) in this world...
you are j unlettered....
Uh...not knowing what SPIRITUAL.........means...let me enlighten...your dumb ass...then...
when you die...your soul aka spirit...is what transcends...into heaven...or wherever any particular race/culture calls it...soul or spirit...same thing....does that help you...understand..."the spiritual thing ".......
RIP...James Brown..............

alissa

lol tommie no sh*t. the dude obviosly had the girlfriend and his son kicked out of the property prior to his death. in my opinion he sucks for doing this to his child.

Georgia Peach

Tommie, you are the biggest "racist" on this web site. You are the one who is generalizing more than anyone. And, you may respect this man just because he is black, but I don't believe a man's race is in anyway a justifiable reason for respect. Respect is EARNED by the way you live your entire life, and James Brown has done nothing to earn anyone's respect. I will give him this - he is a musical genious and is indeed the Godfather of Soul, but that is ALL I will give him. He is a wifebeater who has chosen not to do the right things in his life, and has chosen not to do even the right thing in his death. Not giving his son a home after his death makes him one of the most dispicable human beings living or dead. I, for one, hope he does NOT rest in peace.

Andrea

Oh, get over it. The child was not homeless. The mother has a house within a mile of JB's house. I am sure JB bought it for her. She could have gone there. She was trying to get into the house to steal - plain and simple. The gold digging bigamist of a whore he shacked up with knew all of JB's assets were to be equally divided between his children. She knew her gig was up. She only wanted to go into the house so she could take things out. Typical gold digger mentality. It's her own fault for not being smart enough to get him to include her in the will. She benefitted financially for keeping her back smooth and her knees padded during the time they were together. So, it's only right his assets should go to his children. Besides, skanks always land on their feet.

Mrstyle

James Brown a legend. May he Dance in Peace because I know the Hardest Working Man in Show Business doesn't want to rest. His music and the way he danced, you can now see a little bit of James in everyone. Especially R&B rather it's in a bad state or good state. His music will always live and hell maybe them wives deserved a little beat down? Who knows?lol

missy

I'm sorry that some people have a problem with seeing a picture of a dead person. I'm pretty sure that the pixs are alot better than seeing it in real life! If you have a problem about TMZ and their "money shots" why are you reading it online? Face it, we all love reading about the famous people or we wouldn't be here on the website.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments