Suzanne Somers' Home Destroyed in Fire

1/9/2007 1:13 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has confirmed that the home of Suzanne Somers was completely destroyed in a fast-moving fire that also engulfed several other multi-million dollar homes in Malibu. Most homes in the area go for between $5 and $15 million.

The blaze burned near Malibu Colony, one of the area's original beachfront neighborhoods. The densely built stretch of luxury homes is a favorite of celebrities, and boasts such residents as Mel Gibson, Pierce Brosnan, Pamela Anderson, Barbra Streisand, Ted Danson, David Geffen and Courteney Cox-Arquette.

Malibu fire: Click to watchSomers, perhaps best known for her role on the 80s sitcom "Three's Company," currently sells diet and lifestyle products with her husband of nearly 30 years, Alan Hamel.

nancy woodward

Jan. 8, 2007
I love Suzanne Somers, and I have seen her through many difficult times, although from afar, we have many things in comman, one of which are our mutual Birthdays, Oct. 16th,and even her life crosses mine, in numerous ways, that are very symbolic of our mutual Karma, but this terrible fire, though heart breaking I'm sure, will not un-glue her very strong resolve, and I know she will come though this with her family "INTACT", God Bless You Suzanne, and keep your inner core, the "CENTER-OF-YOUR-BEING" healthy, that, is the best advise I could send her.........(STAY CENTERED AND FOCUSED!)
I hope she didn't lose any pets, or something so dear to her that it leaves a permanent scar! God will provide Suzanne, believe that, because I am your soul-sister, on this earth, (and also have a Violet Susan, in my life, and many other comman denominators, that keep me on your wave length, believe it or not.) God Bless your children, and especially, your husband now at this most unfortunate time.
Most Sincerely,
Mona-Lisa.............................smiles! from me.
Your Friend,
Nancy Woodward
Norwalk, Ct.
Suzanne Somers can reach me at:
lacey.belle@sbcglobal.net

Ken

What a nutjob - her house burns and she says "At least 'I' don't have children in Iraq" - Ok, so why is she putting down all of the mothers who actually DO have children in Iraq. They are fighting for us and she is going to put them down like that? I don't see her doing anything about it except spending money on plastic surgery.

Blondeheiress

We have always admired Suzanne Somers, she is an role model for so many women. Our hearts and prayers are with her and her family today.

A former Malibu resident

Linda

How sad and devestating. To have a fire. No matter if they are rich, poor or just plain folk like most of us. No one deserves to have all they have go up in smoke. Let's hope no pets perished.
God grant you peace and the angels above can lay their hands upon you and your husband. Let's also remember all those who had to risk their lives. During the fires. And hope this never happens again to others. No matter how the fire started. We need to be there for those who lose their home and everything. As weell as those who fight the fires trying to save all we have no matter where we live.

Gift Cans

Gourmet Foods

Linda Abramowitz ID # 560

jacqueline

dearest suzanne and alan.
i always love watching your honesty and fun-loving salesmanship on hsn, especially with colleen.
my heart is deep in sorrow over the loss of your beloved house and possessions.
may God hold you and your loved ones in the fold of His arms.
God bless you and your family, for always.
i love you both.

nancy woodward

MAY I ASK, WHO, WOULD HAVE THE AUDASITY TO SAY SUZANNE SOMERS, DOESN'T CARE ABOUT "OUR" MEN AND WOMAN, IN IRAQ? (several comments back!)
WHAT KIND OF MENTALITY EVEN WRITES THIS, NOT ONLY INAPPROPIATE COMMENT, (WHICH, BY THE WAY, IS NOT PART OF THIS FORMAT, ABOUT A FIRE IN MALIBU) BUT EVEN SO, HOW DARE THEY SAY SHE IS MORE INTERESTED IN "PLASTIC ANYTHING!!!)
YOU ARE A FOOL., WHOM-EVER SENT-THAT STATEMENT! YOU SHOULD HAVE A HEART AS KIND AS HERS! NOT-ON-YOUR-BEST-DAY-COULD-YOU-BEGIN-TO KNOW-HER! SHE SHINES, WITH MANY COLORS, OF LIGHT FROM THE "RAINBOW, THAT SHE SURROUNDS HERSELF WITH, AND IT SHOWS, ...............................................EVERYWHERE SHE IS! BE-WELL MS. SOMERS, BE WELL, (you, Allen, and all you hold precious!) goodnite for now!
THANKS AGAIN.
NANCY WOODWARD, (the Mona-Lisa Smile!)

Thanks!

Freeland

How could it catch on fire if it was so close to the ocean? They should have hooked up their fire hoses to the ocean and put it out.

James M Beard

So sad So sad

Merr

Suzanne, I applaud you for your attitude about your house - no one was hurt thank God and you can rebuild. You know that it is just a "material" thing. That is so important. Money cannot buy happiness. You have to find happiness for yourself and you certainly have been a good example. You have entertained so many people - I have had so many good laughs watching you over the years. Thank you.

Whoopi

She sells on HSN...jerk! Get your facts straight and remember this is a tragedy...not a joke!!!!

jean archambaultq

Too bad Suzanne...........I do have a kid in Ramadi Iraq. You haven't seen the wrath. You are such a rich person and can overcome. How about saying something nice about our troups instead of comparing them to one of your lost diamonds. Go over there and show them your support instead of living the life they afford you. I don't feel sorry for you. You can rebuild. My son will never forget what he has done to keep your ass free. Rich Bitch....talk about your own ass not sons and mothers of those who fight to keep your rich.

SANDY TRIVIGNO

I felt horrible when I saw what happened . Its not just the house but
all those keepsakes inside. My heart is heavy for you Suzanne.
I still watch all the reruns of Three's Company.

Sandy

george vieto

As a victim of Hurricane Katrina sorry to see Suzanne Somers home go up in smoke. You can lose material possessions but loss of life is worse. The Hamels will rebuild a better house and rebuild their lives.

joannepolizzi

i am so sorry suzanne & alan, I want to help in someway if you need a place to stay you are more than welcome to stay in my home. god knows you were in my living room for quite a few years joanne

Hoff is a Joke, and I'm not laughing.

If I had a "son or daughter in Iraq," I'd be insulted! What a terrible thing to say! SHAME ON YOU, SUZANNE! APOLOGIZE!