J.Lo Ambushed by PETA

1/22/2007 2:06 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

J.Lo's auditions for her new "Glow After Dark" reality show were derailed Friday night when two members of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) took the stage, pretending to audition, and launched into a tirade against the singer/actress.

TMZ obtained video of the confrontation, secretly shot by PETA at the event, which was held at Macy's in Downey, California. "J.Lo, fur ho!" screamed one of the ladies, who began by saying, "I think the most important thing about being a diva...is not only being sexy and being stylish, but is not wearing real f***ing fur!"

The shocked M.C. scooped up one of the infiltrators and strong-armed her off the stage.

J.Lo was not present during the outburst.

a3boymom

WHO CARES!!!???

Stephanie

First, I didn't know that they actually KILLED the animals after skinning them.

But in any case, why should anyone care what I or anyone else chooses to wear?

If PETA cared this much about humanity, then I think the world would be a better place.

jojo the tank engine

Go PETA!

j. ho is such a f***ing loser for wearing fur.

hello: http://www.furisdead.com/feat/ChineseFurFarms/

joel

HA! HA!

There's a special place in hell for fur hags like j. lo. i believe it involved being repeatedly skinned alive for eternity.

NiNi

Oh for goodness sakes!! PETA people PLEASE get over yourselves! Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but what gives you the right to force your beliefs onto other people. So she wears furs, SO WHAT!! People EAT meat everyday. No one is going into restaurants & tossing red paint all over folks' steak & fish dinners are they? I mean who would really want to eat a fish that died of "natural causes" anyway. People have been wearing furs since the prehistoric days, & guess what? The world is still revolving.

kt

wearing fur is not against the law. people need to keep their opinions to themselves. and stop eating meat and wearing leather shoes if you have a problem.

moi

P PETA is a joke.

Bebe

Why do they want to wear this stuff??? Ok, I understand that PETA is against the killing of animals for clothing but it's ugly as hell. Fur is hidious! Why would you want to wear the crap, it's TACKY!!!!

William McMullin

Thanks for the article! Fur is extremely cruel. I didn't know anyone still wore fur these days!

Tee

I am so tired of PETA telling people how to run other people's lives and how to spend the money that they are earning. I am all for this organization when it concerns animals being mistreated in a movie, zoo or show, but I draw the line when this organization is telling people how and what they should do with their lives. PETA does not bother other people who are not famous and owns fur coats. I know plenty of people myself included who wears fur. Does PETA really think that by getting these celebrities to endorse their way of thinking that getting other people to stop wearing fur is going to make them stop. It is just like people telling women that abortion is wrong and it is their bodies so who are they to decide what they should do!!!!!! PETA, it is her money and her career, so attacking her or any other celebrity for wearing fur or eating meat for that matter is wrong. I want PETA to try and come after me, they will catch me wearing a fur coat while eating a huge juicy steak and chicken. If they try to attack me, they will get a beat down. For everyone involved in PETA, please get a freaking life. There are more important things to worry about.....

ronny

I don't like fur. I wouldn't buy it.

However, I think PETA is full of sh*t. Their tactics turn off more people than they attract.

phillylover

hey dirty bunny, u can keep defending her all u want, she's not gonna go out with u! Her taste is tacky and u prolly are too.

Kate

I don't wear or even like it, but I do wear leather. The difference is, when the cows are killed, the ENTIRE animal is used, not just the skin. Its not an instance where an endangered animal is skinned alive and the rest is thrown away. However, I freaking hate PETA. I don't mind the message, but I hate the method. Throwing paint on people and ambushing them like that? I'm FAR FAR FAR from a JLo fan, I think she's a stuck up, no-talent bitch, (and from what I understand, she wasn't even there) but I can't defend the ambush tactics PETA employs. I wonder why anyone can wear fur, but its their life.

Alex

"J.Lo, fur ho!" I love it!!!!!!!!!! Anyone who wears fur deserves public humilation. PETA get's a standing ovation from me. Animals should not have to endure such pain. Would you wear your dog? I sure hope not!

Tie

I think fur is so tacky. It looks horrible, and i don't know why celebs would want to wear it, most of them live in warm cali or florida. I honestly can not respect or be a fan of any one who goes out in public wearing fur, or supports fur fashion run ways. There are other options to fur that are just as warm if a chill factor is the problem, in J lo's case it is not. Fake or real fur is tacky. But i guess J Lo wears it so she can bring out her dog like features a little more, she just needs to pin a tail on the back of one of her tacky coats.