George Lopez: The Chin is A Chump

1/24/2007 7:57 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Ready for the next celeb slugfest? Call it The Chin vs. El Chingon.

The Latino funnyman lashed out at Jay Leno this morning on an Orlando, FL radio show, calling him "the worst interviewer" on TV and "the biggest two-faced dude" in the industry. On the Scott and Erica Morning Show on WOMX, Lopez accused Leno of playing nice by calling him after Lopez's kidney transplant in April 2005, and then putting "the knife in [his] back" through Leno's producers. Lopez didn't specify what that knife was about, but clearly there's some bad blood a brewin' between the two comics.

Reps for Leno and Lopez did not immediately return calls for comment.

CHARGERS TILL THE END

# UR RIGHT ON!! HE DOES PUT EVERYONE DOWN...INCLUDING HIS OWN RACE..SO ON THE G-LO DEFENSE...GIVE THE GUY A BREAK!

OH YEAH FORGOT TO MENTION ..THAT I HAVE SEEN HIM LIVE A TOTAL OF 4 TIMES...AND ALL 4 TIMES HE HAS INSULTED EVERYONE..INCLUDING HIS OWN...SO YOU KNOW WHAT HE IS ABOUT ..AND TO THE OTHER PEPS SAYING THAT THEY ARE NOT GONNA SEE HIS SHOW ANYMORE...COM'N PEOPLE YOU BUY THOSE TICKETS KNOWING WHAT UR GONNA GET!!!! SO STOP COMPLAINING AND STOP ACTING LIKE UR THE VICTIMS HERE..CARLOS MENCIA...PAUL RODRIGUES,,CHEECH MARIN..DO THE SAME THING!

H

So, NO ONE else thinks Jay Leno is the biggest douche in the tonight show circuit? George Lopez couldn't be more right about him. Leno is a skeezy perv that hits on any girl that walks into the studio, makes guests feel uncomfortable, asks the WORST, DUMBEST questions, acts like he doesn't even care what the answer is, and really just makes a fool out of himself the whole show. He's an arrogant prick that doesn't deserve the time. I can't even watch the tonight show. I can't wait until good Ol' Coney takes over and shows everyone what late night SHOULD be.

That's right. Show em, Conezone.

Disgruntled Raider

I am a fan of both G. Lopez and J. Leno, however, for the individuals that feel G. Lo is racist, they are off base in their assesment of him. G. Lo is the type of comedian that "bags" on everybody. One of my favorites, Chris Rock does the same but he isn't considered a racist. We are so politically correct in todays world that it has become a crime to make a comment about anybody. I'm not sure what the problem is with J. Leno, but I find him funny but do feel Conan is better. Anyhow, people need to relax and learn how to laugh at themselves.

Josie

Andele loco, G-LO, what's this world coming to Que Paso with the 5th....and I don't mean whiskey either LOL

Josie

I'm Hispanic, and very proud to be!! & as a Latina I would NOT "f*** anything" especailly a CRUMB like you fool...I've got CLASS something your mama didnt teach you...

Mouse

Lopez is the latino's Al Sharpton. Anytime now he will be calling Leno a racist.

Igor

Hey, maybe this will get Leno some ratings...his show has been
on a downward spiral for a long time. If G-Low really said this
than there must be something to this...two faced back stabbers
are too common in Hollywood.

Jimmy Detroit

I think that Scott guy doing the interview sounds dreamy...sort of a 21st century Arthur Godfrey.

He's Boring now

Leno is a Larry King like interviewerer--not really interested in the answers, doesnt make a conversation from the answer, and has to read cards to be reminded what to ask next. he has too many weekend corporate gigs in vegas to really be considered serious about his craft anymore. NBC made a mistake having this jerk be the heir to Carson. Conan cant get there quick enough. Glad George called his ass out.

Hey Jay, take over for Larry when he croaks, you'll make an easy transition. Softball questions and dont listen to the answers of the guest.

Ricky Ticky Tock

I don't know. George Lopez is funny sometimes, but it is annoying when minority comics rip on white people for too long. Great point though about how Kramer and Mel get busted, but when other people who aren't White start running their mouths they're looked at as great racial thinkers and geniuses... LOL... I can't believe sh*t like that sometimes!

And Jay Leno is kind of annoying, but at least he's not a politicly biased old dick like Letterman.

Britney

Jay needs to quit googling his female guests titties every time they are sitting next to him. Jay ,you big chin doofus, we can see you doing it!

Mary Worth

Leno is not a funny host. He is too gay-obssessed, imo. When he has a guest I want to see, I tune in. Won't miss him when he's gone; or how can I miss Leno, when he won't leave!

GW

Back to the barrio, you no-talent.

Wade

Anyone know what's the reference to "knife in the back" is all about?

As for Leno, I agree with Lopez that he's the worst interviewer on TV. Leno is a pure standup comic, that's why the monologue is good (thank the writers too) and the rest of the show sucks.

As for Leno's character, hard to say. Stern definitely hates him and saids the same thing (i.e. 2 faced), but I can't trust Stern because he was all bitter about John Menendez leaving to go to The Tonight Show. Stern was such a whiner at the time because Jay didn't call "The King Of All Media" beforehand to ask permission to hire his flunkie.

tina

oh please get over yourselfs, george lopez is funny i have seen him 4 differnet times and each time i have seen him he makes me laugh even more. and he doesnt just pick on the white people he makes fun of himself and his family. and other people so get over it, he is a very funny man and i would see him again and again. it is about time there is some one real on tv.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments