The Life of Anna

2/8/2007 10:28 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The life of Anna: click for photos
-- Born Vickie Lynn Hogan, November 28, 1967 in Houston
--Told childhood friends she would be the next Marilyn Monroe
--Married Billy Wayne Smith in 1985 after meeting in a fried chicken restaurant (divorced 1993)
--Began modeling at age 20
--Son Daniel born January 1986
--Worked at Wal-Mart and Red Lobster before becoming an exotic dancer
--Appeared in March 1992 Playboy, was centerfold in May
--Guess Jeans model
-- Playmate of the Year, 1993
--Treated at Betty Ford Center 1995
--At age 26, married oil billionaire J. Howard Marshall. He was 89 and died 14 months later.
--Filed for bankruptcy, 1996
--Appears in her own reality show on E! in 2002, highest rated series on the network.
--Awarded nearly $500M by L.A. judge in case against her late husband's estate, later reduced to $88M, later appealed all the way to US Supreme Court, which found in Anna's favor in 2006, allowing her to pursue case in federal court.
--October 2003, Anna lost almost 80 pounds on TRIMSPA, for which she was spokeswoman.
--Her "stepson" E. Pierce Marshall, with whom she battled in court, dies June 20, 2006 at age 67 after brief infection.
--Daughter Dannielynn born September 7, 2006
--Son Daniel dies of overdose, September 10, 2006
--Has "commitment ceremony" with attorney Howard K. Stern on a boat in the Bahamas, September 28, 2006. Not legally binding.
--Anna dies at age 39, February 8, 2007, after collapsing in her Seminole Hard Rock Hotel room in Hollywood, Florida

Wanda Miller

Is it just me, or doesn't anybody else find it interesting that both Daniel and Anna died with Howard K. Stern close at hand? Doesn't anyone find it strange that an attorney would hang on the coat tails of a blonde bombshell, mooch off of her, and make compromising home videos of a woman in an obvious distraught state? I think that Howard K. Stern should be investigated. I would not be at all shocked to read that he has killed the baby and then himself in a last ditch effort to be in control.

Wanda Miller

I agree with what the pschologist commentator on Court TV said today about Anna Nicole Smith showing distinct signs of being abused as a child. I am from Houston, and knew a girl who worked with Anna when she was Vicki the stripper. That girl was also abused. Being that her mother is a cop should raise a lot of flags to the Houston Police Department. That woman should not have been allowed to carry a weapon. My ex-husband was a cop and I've witnessed the kind of abuse cops can inflict on their families. That's why he's now my ex. Anna made her wishes about contact with her mother very clear, and she was very coherent during the interview. That woman should not even be in the courtroom. How can she hold her head up and put that deceased woman through all of this? She should let her rest in peace next to her son like Anna wanted.

Michelle

Anna Nicole Smith always said that she felt a connection to Marilyn Monroe. I believe this is why she tried to emulate her and embody her characteristics: her glamorous pose, sultry gaze, charismatic appeal.Yet underneath all the glitter, diamond studded jewelry and overflowing hair, she possesed a vulnerability about her which was similar to Marilyn. This is why I believe Anna felt connected to Marylin. They were both gorgeous giants constantly in the limelight, always under scrutiny. Anna was raised in a small town. She was wholesome; homegrown. I bet back then she never imagined how complicated and turbulent her life would become. I believe Anna was constantly battling demons which were brought upon her by her celebrity and fame. Drugs were suspected, probably Anna's only route of escape. Anna's beauty was breathtaking. Still, there was a deep sense of humanity about her which made her tangible to all of us. Many celebrities seem unapproachable, even aloof. But Anna had a "down-to-earth" air about her: She could quickly transform: from a blonde bombshell, to model ,to ditzy or the goofy nice girl next door. She would seem like the person you could just talk to very easily and without feeling overwhelmingly intimidated. I have never met Anna but I always said " Wow, she is something." Her outer beauty was magnificent and extraordinary. For those of you who say think that if you see one blonde, you've seen them all, may I suggest that you take another look at Anna's mesmerizing face, trully it is one of great craftsmanship.It is true that beauty is not only skin deep. I believe that Anna possesed a very unique inner beauty as was aforementioned. Maybe it was the " small-town girl from texas" in her that brought out that humility and vulnerability. Like Anna felt about Marilyn, I feel a very strong connection to Anna. I can perceive her sadness, pain, vulnerability and self imprisonment. I am very saddened to hear that people still call her a gold digger and poked fun about her weight. She was beautiful even when she was voluptuous and more so when she lost the weight again. It will always be speculation whether or not she used the old man Marshall for money. Maybe she did and maybe she didn't. Who are we to judge the inner workings of anyone's heart. Maybe she did feel a genuine connection to him. Let us all please continue to pray for the salvation of her soul and for the soul of her son Daniel, and the legacy she leaves behind: her beloved Daniel Lynn.

crystal c. s.

Anna and Daniel...two of the sweetest people on this earth and gone in the blink of an eye very unexpected ......something strange about all of this...more than meets the eye.....I think the answers will surprise us all.....poor daniellynn....I hope Birkhead is the father!!!! BIRKHEAD!BIRKHEAD!....HE IS SOOO HOT TOO!!! WHAT A SWEETIE! I WISH NOTHING BUT THE BEST FOR BIRKHEAD AND DANIELLYNN.....I WISH NOTHING GOOD FOR STERN. go away stern.

crystal c. s.

HOWARD K. STERN...PROFESSIONAL MURDERER
GOLD DIGGING, MOOCHING PEACE OF CRAP!!
STAY AWAY FROM THAT BABY YOU CREEP!
I HOPE YOU NEVER GET ONE PENNY AND I HOPE THE WORLD GREETS YOU WITH HATE!
PISS OFF!

crystal c. s.

I HOPE DANIEL AND ANNA ARE HANGING OUT ON A CLOUD IN HEAVEN AND VERY PROTECTED. LORD...KEEP ALL HARM AWAY FROM THEM......KEEP EVIL FAR AWAY FROM THEM AND FLICK A BIRD AT THE PEOPLE ON EARTH THAT ARE MAKING FUN OF HER OR SAYING BAD STUFF ABOUT HER......SURE....THEY CAN MAKE FUN OF A DEAD PERSON....SURE ONE WAY TICKET TO HELL IF YOU ASK ME. THEY CAN PISS OFF!

cora

"Told childhood friends she would be the next Marilyn Monroe"

Beautiful blond, rollercoaster life, tragic end- unfourtunalty sounds like she got her wish.

Dorian

Hi TMZ:

Quick note - on the second to the last listing, you refer to her "commited" guy as Howard K. SMITH.

I believe it is in fact: HOWARD K. STERN....Also, as their ceremony was not legally binding, does that not mean he is not her Heir apparent? Please clear up for us inquiring minds. Thanks.

Brigit

how sad, feel bad for the baby. What a tragic story.

Mary P.

Firstly, R.I.P. Anna. Get some peace.

Those who say, it's a product of anything but her own self, are wrong. To say that the paparazzi caused her death (presumably due to drugs, since the drug they gave her on the scene was to counter illegal drugs) is wrong. She constantly and consistently threw herself out there in front of it. Whether it be on the red carpet at anything she could get to, to a reality show, etc., if you keep yourself in the public eye, you have to take the good and the bad. It's Karmaic to see that she marries that man, and without any money to her in his own words and will, she STILL tries to take the family's money, and here she is, passed away in such a tragic fashion.

People always blame the media, but is it naive to think that if you try to be someone in public, that the paparazzi won't care? Of course they do. It'd be dumb to say it's the media's fault when someone was a media whore such as herself.

As for the grieving period and the baby girl, what's the father supposed to do? If he is the father (which I believe so), Anna lied, Anna accused and Anna held the baby from him. She lost a son and that's a tragedy, but what exactly is the 'proper' grieving time? Who judges that? In his eyes, if Anna told the truth, she wouldn't have needed to deal with it at all.

I feel sorry for that poor baby. She may turn out to be the richest 6 month old in history, but the one person who truly cares and is fighting for her, can't even hold her.

All that being said, it's a tragedy that it happened to her. It's happened hundreds of times before her, with even worse situations and it will happen after her. If only she'd truly grown up and matured, she could have done SOMETHING, ANYTHING good with her celebrity, and felt more fulfilled and maybe wouldn't have died.

Stacey

Goodbye Anna, God Bless Dannielynne

sleeping with the enemy

omg how horrible, i am sadden and shocked by her death, i wish her friends,her remaining family(her daughter)and husband howard smith all my prayers and if this is any consilation she is with danial who was her life, please EVERYONE RESPECT HER PRIVACY AND SEND WARM WISHES NOT RUMORS AND HATE MAIL TO HER FAMILY

JennyP.

I always said she had the world's most beautiful face and it was wasted on her. Hope she rests in peace, though she brought most of it on herself.

Claudia

Well Anna Nicole, now the media will turn you into a Goddess. The same media who laughed and made fun of you will now no longer see you as a joke, but a legend.
They laughed and made comments about you when you put on weight, then you came back slim and more beautiful than ever.
May you rest in peace, and I, for one, shall miss you. Your personal life was your business, your beauty was enjoyed by many.

cathy