Police: No Illegal Drugs Found in Anna's Room

2/9/2007 5:34 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Only prescription -- and not illegal drugs -- were found during an investigation of Anna Nicole Smith's room at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel, this according to Seminole Police Chief Charlie Tiger.

At a press conference outside the Broward County Medical Examiner's office, Tiger revealed that "No evidence has been revealed to suggest that a crime has occurred," and that sworn statements were taken from everyone involved.

While authorities were unable to identify an official cause of death, Broward County Chief Medical Examiner Dr. Joshua Perper suggested that the death might be due to either natural causes, medication, or a combination of natural causes and medication.

Perper was able to rule out several speculated causes of death, such as blunt force trauma, gunshot wounds or asphyxia, meaning she did not suffocate to death on her own vomit.

Perper revealed that a small amount of blood was found in Anna's stomach, which he says is a result of the terminal shock Smith experienced before she died. He also said that no pills or tablets were found in her stomach.

Perper also acknowledged the need for Anna's DNA (due to the ongoing paternity dispute) and said a "large sample" was taken.

According to Perper, an official cause of death would be determined in 3 to 5 weeks.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

J B

I BELIVE ANNA N. SMITH GOT CAUGHT UP IN THE FAME AND FOURTUNE AND SHE TURNED TO DRUGS AND METHADONE IS A VERY HARDCORE DRUG. SHE WAS PRESCRIBED IT. MY COUSIN'S WIFE'S BROTHER 21, DIED B/C OF METHADONE. I BELIVE IT SHOULD NOT BE GIVEN OUTSIDE OF A HOSPITAL WHERE DR'S AND NURSES ARE THERE TO ADMINISTER THE DRUG! IT'S SO SAD THAT THIS DRUG IS POPPING IT'S HEAD UP AND DR'S ARE GIVING IT TO PEOPLE FOR PAIN! I HAVE 2 RUPTURED DISK'S IN MY BACK AND I AM IN PAIN ALOT BUT U DON'T SEE ME RUNNING FOR METHADONE! I LIKED ANNA N. SMITH! BUT NOW SHE IS IN THE HANDS OF A MERCIFUL GOD!
LOVE AND PRAYERS,
J.B.

Buc Girl

This will end up being a long drawn out process just like it was when Daniel died. I feel for the family. Especially that poor little 5 month old baby.

lworth

riiiiiiiiiiiight...

angellovef

this is going to go on a long time!

Liam

wait...........so when did speed, cocaine and fistfuls of illegal anit-depressants become legal?

Sasha

Notice how when the examiner was asked if they took DNA for paternity he said: DNA IS ALWAYS TAKEN DURING AN AUTOPSY AND THEY ARE AWARE OF THE OTHER ISSUES (meaning the pending court cases) AND THEY TOOK SUFFICIENT AMOUNTS.

Good, so let her family bury her.

shan

won't egg be on her mom's face if anna wasn't on drugs? she's everywhere now. the toothless cousins will be on CNN next.

kam

I am very saddened over this whole thing..........she was a beautiful mess and I believe she was a good person and those who surrounded her took advantage of her. I hope she will find peace in death and be able to be with her son who she obviously loved very much. Bless that baby's heart, I hope she finds a home with people who will love her because every human being deserves to be loved and her mother was not loved, had she been loved maybe this would not have ended so tragically.

declanium

bet that Howard K. Stern is wiping off his brow.........."whew! dodged another one!"

Cat

There is ALWAYS going to be speculation on what exactly happened for years to come.
I too feel for the family....especially the baby.

The Princess

Liam I think the question is when did you see ANS doing speed, cocaine, and fistfuls of illegal anit (I assume you meant ANTI) depressants?

Way to jump to conclussions....

PRICK

Only in

Someone dumped the street drugs down the toilet before emt showed up.

patty cake

ok I'm bored...next celebrity tragedy or bad behavior please.....

lala

she was murdered.

Stephie_in_Tampa

Hey, Liam! Didn't you hear what they said? No ILLEGAL drugs. Man, is everything a conspiracy to you? I'm guessing it was a combination of things - fever, prescriptions, virus of some kind, heart problem. So tragic. It sounds very much like the results of Daniel's autopsy...

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments