Report: Anna Had Recent Surgery

2/11/2007 12:30 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Anna Nicole Smith with Danielynn tattooMSNBC's Rita Cosby reports that Anna Nicole may have had recent breast surgery to repair one of her implants.

Cosby also reports the former Playmate had also been prescribed over 10 different types of pain medication, and may have been taking excessive amounts because she developed a tolerance to the effects.

In addition, Cosby's sources tell her that Anna Nicole was found by a member of her staff -- unresponsive and nude in her bed, with a sheet pulled over her face.

Death from cosmetic plastic surgeries occurs in one out of 57,000 cases, per the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. Two million plastic surgeries were performed in the United States in 2005.

Adverse reactions to surgery could become serious; there are numerous documented cases of seizures, heart attacks and high fevers leading to death. Recent published research shows that inflammation caused by common respiratory and urinary tract infections like bronchitis, pneumonia and cystitis, may contribute to in increased risk of heart attack and stroke, and the greatest risk is in the earliest stages of infection.

If Anna did have a recent cosmetic procedure, and she exhibited "flu like symptoms" over the last few days, it's quite possible that the star died of a massive infection, perhaps complicated by an accidental overdose of prescription drugs.

Hello Kitty

I'm sure her Dr must be sweting bullets right now.

It makes me angry when they keep saying she was like Paris Hilton. I've always thought of her as the pretty woman from the Guess ads she did in the 90s.. I would have never thought she was an American.

Yet either way I hope she RIP

the one

WTF what is recent? I think 5 month is recent..didn't she have a c-section with her baby? my c-section scar still looked recent at 5 months as I remember it. I still think that HKS is a lowlife hanger on...I just watched that ET interview when she talked sh*t about her mom, he was looking at her the whole time he didn't look up at the camera till the very end and he looked like he was on something! he is a loser with dollar signs in his eyes...the bad part is that the baby will only have stupid news videos and cd's of "ana nicole show" to find out what kind of person her mother was! he needs to be looked at and the baby needs to be with someone who will care for her and not her money. they should put her money into trust until she is 21 with no one to be able to have access to it , only give the person taking care of her a SMALL monthly allowence and make her grow up humble, another paris hilton we DON'T NEED! I pray that the baby is alright and grows into a smart strong woman.

cajungirl313

Regarding post number 46. Mary, the bottles of medicine I believe they were reffering to were in Anna's bedroom in the Bahanma's. It is very shocking that a nurse would not insist upon Anna going to the emergency room on either Tuesday or Wednesday since one her friends reported she had a 105 degree temperature. That is way too high and she should have been admitted to a hospital. It is curious that she was found with the sheet pulled over her head. I beleive Anna's mother should sue Howard K. Stern for wrongful death for both Anna and Daniel. I certainly hope that Dannielynne is taken away from him and anyone connected with him as soon as possible. He is just bad news.

cajungirl313

Questions that need answers. 1) Did Anna or Howard pay off an official in the Bahama's to get her residency so quickly? 2) Why wasn't Anna brought to an emergency room when her fever spiked to 105 degrees? 3) Why wasn't the nurse in charge of Anna's medications; keeping them locked up so Anna couldn't get to them on her own, and the dispensing of them? This one is especially troubling since Anna had a farily recent suicide attempt. 4)Why did the nurse have to call her husband (the body guard) to administer CPR? 5) Why did the nurse have to make contact with Howard K. Stern before calling for an ambulance? She is more qualified than he to determine the need for one? 6) Did Howard K. Stern flush any illegal drugs prior to the paramedics arrival? I believe HKS is responsible for Anna's estragnment from her family. HKS worked very hard at keeping people away from her, keeping her fairly isolated. I hope that Anna's estate loses the lawsuit. That seems to be the only way to get rid of HKS...his greed is unbelievable! I certainly hope that Larry gets his daughter soon. I believe he is the father of the baby and I hope the courts and both governments...USA and the Bahama's get that baby away from HSK ASAP!

Patty

Dawn, don't be an idiot. Her mother didn't call her "Anna" because VICKY was her name. Just because you change your name for show business purposes, your relatives and friends just don't start calling you by that name. Get a clue. Her mother was devastated that a selfish-drugged out ANS wouldn't let her near Daniel's grave, although she did let her raise him for several years. So she was pissed that her mother finally got to the Bahamas to properly mourn her beloved grandson. ANS doesn't own the rights for people to be able to grieve or not, the whole world grieved for that child. And practically the whole world is worried about the little girl. And practically the whole world wishes this DNA test is done, the sooner the better. Howie is stalling and the fact that he's an ATTORNEY and they bought ANOTHER HOUSE yet he went and had the locks broke and rechanged on the house ANNA STOLE from another person is disgraceful. And the fact that he wouldn't allow, even in Anna's death, her mother to see her little granddaughter, even with his supervision, was disgraceful. What a pig. At a time when grief should at the very least let them put some things aside, he can't even do that. He's a pig. Disgusting, selfish, ignorant pig. Period. And Anna MAY have died from complications from a surgery, but the comparisons with Howard to the deaths of both Anna and her son are enough to slap a person in the face. If the US doesn't try him for SOMETHING, then our gov't is as corrupt as the Bahamas.

sarah

as far as the paternity of the baby goes, shouldn't logic state that if the father is howard k stern, they would have trotted, arm-in-arm, to the dna lab to disprove this larry birkhead guy?? r.i.p., anna nicole, sure hope your baby has an easier life than you did.

deb

anna was totally misled by her own idea of hollywood...SHE DESTROYED HERSELF,BUT ALL THE NEG. ATTENTION BROUGHT HER DOWN FURTHER,LETS STOP BLAMING OTHERS,SHE HAD CHOICES AND SHE MADE THEM! HER SON WAS A VICTEM OF HER CHOICES IN LIFE...AND HE DIED! ITS HORRIBLE,MAYBE SHE DID GIVE HIM SOMETHING TO HELP HIM SLEEP THAT NIGHT,INNOCENTLY,AND COULDNOT LIVE WITH THE GUILT OR MAYBE HOWARD DID DO THEM BOTH IN,WHO KNOWS SO MANY ANGLES TO THIS,ITS NUTS!!! PLUS I HATE WHEN I HEAR PEOPLE SAY LEAVE THE DEAD ALONE AND LET THEM REST IN PEACE,FIRST OFF THEIR NOT RESTING AND SECOND,ITS NOT UP TO US WHEATHER THEY ARE IN PEACE OR NOT,THEY ARE FAR BEYOUD THE LIVING WORLD AS WE KNOW IT...I THINK WE AL;L NEED TO REST IN A LITTLE PEACE OF OUR OWN...GEEEZ

Denise

If she had a fever several days prior to her death, she must have had an infection. Her immune system, nutritional health and emotions were in very bad condition. I would say that can set you up for any fatal condition that can cause death.

Linda Filmmacher

I recently heard of two cases of otherwise healthy people in their 30s getting very sick (I believe to the point of death if drastic 911 wasn't involved) --they had colds that went into the flu with 104'ish fever--that went into pneumonia. It was not "normal" for young, healthy 30-somethings to get so sick and possibly die from this--it's a nasty strain of flu or something.
I read that Anna Nicole had flu-like symptoms and high fever shortly before her death. Could she be a victim of this same situation? Just didn't get to the hospital in time?

Whatever

I think a massive infection would have been present in the autopsy. I also think that HKS should watch his step.

diane

My friend Pat says Howard is Gay is there any truth to this idea?

Amy L

this is what i beleave to be what truely happened.....anna yes loves howard....probably is his baby....but she had just lost her son which was the love of her life....like an old married couple that has been married 50 plus years, when one spouse dies, its just a matter of time when the remaining spouse passes away too from lonelyness and heartache.....so lets get real here folks...she died of heartbreak for her son....unfortunately this poor woman cant even rest in peace with her son because of all this " who's the daddy, and who owns what" drama. dont you all think that she should be given the respect now to be left alone. i feel so bad for all thease people that live their lives in a fishbowl. you all should be ashamed of yourselves....TMZ included...showing photos of her refridgerator...come on now..anything for a quick buck huh...like the russian new channel that showed a video that someone took of ems giving her cpr as she is getting wheeled into the ambulance...how would you feel if this was one of your faily members that someone was making a profit off of in their death.... grow up

lorraine

If you listen to her mother, you can see why she had so many problems. She probably suffered from borderline personality disorder

Diane

I think she died of a broken heart... Think it had a lot to do with it. You would be surprised how much you lose the will to live and fight for your life when you lose someone that close to you.

Donna

I WONDER WHY NO ONE HAS MENTIONED THAT SHE OBVIOUSLY HAD FACIAL PLASTIC SURGERY IN RECENT MONTHS. THE LARGE GUMS THAT SHOWED WHEN SHE SPOKE AND SMILED WERE GONE. HER FACE LOOKED FRESHER AND YOUNGER. SHE ACTUALLY LOOKED BEAUTIFUL IN COMPARISON TO JUST BEING PRETTY. HASN'T ANYONE ELSE NOTICED THIS? THEY SPEAK OF HER HAVING PLASTIC SURGERY TO REPAIR HER BREAST IMPLANTS, BUT NOT ONE PERSON HAS MENTIONED HER FACE. I FEEL SORRY FOR HER. I LOST MY SON TOO AND KNOW TH E PAIN AND ANGUISH IT CAN CAUSE. I JUST NEVER UNDERSTAND WHY PEOPLE NEED TO TURN TO SUBSTANCES TO GET ON WITH LIFE. IT'S ACTUALLY AN INSULT TO THE ONE YOU LOVED AND LOST TO RISK YOUR LIFE LIKE THAT. YOU GO ON LIVING AND SMILING AND TALKING ABOUT THEM TO KEEP THEIR MEMORY ALIVE. ALSO HOW DO YOU DO DRUGS WHEN YOU HAVE A BABY? YOU CAN COME OFF METHADONE. IT IS NOT NECESSARY TO REMAIN ON IT UNLESS YOU ENJOY THE PARTIAL HIGH IT INDUCES.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments