Judge Lets Stern Go to Bahamas, Begs for Return

2/20/2007 7:28 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Stern and teh JudgeIt's not every day that a judge helps a key witness hop a jet out of the country, but Judge Larry Seidlin just offered Howard K. Stern a choice of two private jets to take him back to the Bahamas for the night.

And so ended today's proceedings in Seidlin's Broward County courtroom, with the judge abruptly stopping the testimony of Anna Nicole Smith's mother, Virgie Arthur. Stern promised that he'll fly back to Florida and return to the courtroom first thing in the morning. The flight takes about 35 minutes.

Originally, the judge had said that Stern would only have to stay for one day in court, but then told him, "I like having you here," and asked him to stay until Wednesday, even offering to fly him back to the Bahamas on a private jet that he claimed to have ready at a moment's notice. (Earlier, Seidlin said that he had procured the services of two jets, one owned by a local sports-team owner and another by a local heart doctor.)

Judge Seidlin practically begged Stern to come back, saying, "Please don't embarrass me by not showing up." Tomorrow's hearing will start at 9:30 AM EST.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

spikebitch

This judge is such a joke!

tiMMy

Seems like Crazy Anna got a crazy judge......

zombiehands

The judge is a crazy CRACKER!

siux

let the PARTICIPATORY MEDIA games begin. Today's event was as compeling as any OJ trail days... well maybe not yet but it was a trip;)

tucker

The judge is on to Howard Killer Stern, he wants to see the killer squirm....Gotta love him!

anonymous

WTF? This judge needs to be replaced ASAP!!

Jennifer

Welp, I almost think this judge has done enough to embarrass himself, I don't think he needs HKS's help.... I was on this judge's side oh, about the first 10 minutes this morning, then I saw how crazy this man is...... God Bless ANS, may she finally get to RIP somehow, somewhere.......

ANGI

This is killing me! Boy, that judge is really going to be sorry once the truth comes out about Howie. I hope he hydrates himself tonite.....he couldnt leave that cup of water alone up there all day....it's hard to LIE like that. But, right or wrong, SEND ANNA TO THE BAHAMAS TO BE BURIED, FOR CRYIN OUT LOUD!

THIS JUDGE IS GRANDSTANDING! BUT THAT MOM IS A SICKO AND NEEDS TO GO HOME EMPTY HANDED. SHE IS DIRTY AND LOW DOWN FOR GOING TO THE PRESS EARLIER ON AND I BELIEVE ANNA IS TELLING THE TRUTH ABOUT HER. REGARDLESS, TAKE HER TO THE BAHAMAS!

teri

Wow only in America.....Judge Judy, move over....

karen

IT GOES TO SHOW MONEY WALKS AND BS TALKS. HOWARD IS PROTECTED BY BAMAHAS LAWS EVEN THOU HE IS NOT A RESIDENT OF THE COUNTRY. DANNIELYNN IS A RESIDENT OF BAHAMAS AND NOT THE UNITED STATES. AND TO THINK WE PUT THESE JUDGES ON THEIR THRONES

PUBLIC SAFETY IS AT STAKE

tucker, you're right -- he's turning the tables on Howie and mind-f*cking HIM (excuse my French). It's great! -- Stern doesn't know what to think --

Brit sucks

get the peroxide ready. howie's gonna flee

mango1

This Judge is frustrating.. He makes me dizzy and cannot keep a train of thought. He says he is in a hurry and then asks witnesses inane questions to waste time. Remove him!!

Girlie

This is the first time I've watched the courtroom feed. It is scary how unprofessional the judge is as well as L.B.'s team is. "Bring it home judge",.pulease...this is a woman's body we are talking about here.

justmyopinion

Im sure that howard is the father of ans baby. Its so sad that people dont realize how far gone one is when everyone is on drugs, there is no doubt that ans took valium and methadone, and so did howard, but I dont think that he killed her.. I believe that they were both so zooted all the time, that howard didnt even realize how bad things were for ans. When a couple are abusing drugs, they dont see reality, they dont see how bad the other person is, and yes they enable eachother... so for anyone to blame howard, is ignorant.. they both were on drugs, its nobodys fault, but drug abuse.... stop blaming him for her death people, if you have ever been around a drug addict you would know what I am talking about.. and to say that howard supplied the drugs, are you crazy,,,, we are talking about ans... worth 400 mill dollars or more,,and she wasnt buying the drugs, or contacting the doctors for drugs... ??? she was supplying everyone who did drugs around her....

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments