EXCLUSIVE: Virgie Visits Baby Dannielynn

2/28/2007 9:25 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Virgie Arthur, Anna Nicole Smith's mother, visited her granddaughter last night in the Bahamas for the first time, and TMZ has obtained an exclusive photo of Grandma Virgie after the encounter.

Sources tell TMZ that Arthur arrived at Horizons, the Nassau house where Howard K. Stern is looking after the child, around 8 PM last night, and left about 50 minutes later. We're told she looked and acted "distraught" upon leaving, and was accompanied by a bodyguard and a driver, as well as a brunette woman described as a "relative."

Just a couple days ago, Larry Birkhead, who claims to be the father of Dannielynn, met the baby for the first time, also at Horizons. Lawyers for the parties will be in court in Florida this morning to present arguments concerning the future disposition of Anna NIcole's body.

Previous 15 Comments | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23

lee

stern gave virgie 15 mins to visit & wouldn't let her touch her or hold her..the same as he did larry..worried about them possible getting the DNA they want ???????? yet he announced to the media he was protecting the child..UH HUH some us see right through sterns antics...think about this why would he be concerned for the childs safety ? daniel lived with her for the first 7 years of his life. Obviously Anna was fine with that.

in Howard's corner

I admire Howard Stern for carrying out Anna Nicole's wishes. I am relieved that he DID NOT allow Virgie Arthur to touch Dannielynn. I wish I could write him and tell him personally. I was given away at birth and I see so much of my biological Mother in Virgie. My Biological Mother was a controling woman, she These are things she would have done. (By the way, the woman I was given to, was named Virgie. who was my birth Mothers' sister, So Ms Arthur, is a disgrace to the name Virgie. My birth Mother would never tell me my real Fathers name, who I found out when I was 60 years old, was a very famous blue grass entertainer. Now I located a brother 3 years ago and we play music together. This could have been so much niocer if we could have known each other in our youth. But this is the kind of woman I believe Virgie Arthur is.

I wish I could write Mr. Stern and personally thank him for standing his and Anna's ground. It takes a lot more than blood to make a parent. Any way it turns out I give him my blessing. Thank God he got Anna buried next to her son Danniel. Please pray the Bahamain courts respect Anna's wishes and keep them buried where they are.

Distress

Why blame her poor mother for her destruction?? Blame Drugs and her supposedly friends. If her mother was so bad with beatings, rapes etc. etc. why did she leave her son with his grandma for almost 7 years?? The reason is because her mother was a good mother to her; it was only after she started on drugs and sex that she had the downfall with her mom. At that stage when she took her son Danny away she was already going down in life and didn't want her mother to tell her what to do. I bet it about killed her mom to see her daughter destroy her life like that and she was helpless to do anything. Also, we never heard that she gave her mom any money or anything, so how can you all say her mother was after money etc. Her mother could have sold stories about her before. Can you blame her mohter for allowing people to pay her way to go and be at her daughter's funeral and trying to get her granddaughter away from that scumbag Howard. Her mom warned her that she would be next and guess what, her mother was right. Ofcourse her mom is concerned about Dannilynn now, would't you be? Surely you can all tell her mom does not have the means and people are just trying to help her. REMEMBER, her mom (Virgie) had a terrible loss in such a short time. Who knows the tears she shed over her daughter and her lifestyle?? Ask anyone that had to deal with children that are on drugs how difficult it is to help them. They do not want our help; we become their enemies; and actually their real enemies are the ones providing them with drugs and then pimping them off to men/women. I can assure you her mother suffered all these years not knowing what to do. My heart goes out to her mom, Even after she got treated like dirt by Nicole her mom still wanted to come and get her and bury her close to her "real family". Instead all these other vultures that are no family is just after the money. I hope and pray to God that the Justice system gives the grandmother the rights to her granddaughter and whoever the father is will allow Virgie the same.
Dont worry Virgie, there are alot of people that do understand what you had to go through (and is still going through) and wish you the best in life and hopefully you will get to enjoy your granddaughter in the very near future. I've been there and know the suffering you had to go through with a child that is on drugs. Ignore the ones that are negative towards you, only the real and true mothers/fathers understands the predicament you were in trying to help your daughter. It really takes a toll on the parents to see their children strung out on drugs etc... I am sure if Nicole could talk to you right now, she would say "momma I'm sorry for all the pain I have caused you and I should have listened to you. It must sadden her to see you so torn up and being destroyed (and still suffering) when all you tried to do was help her.Please folks be abit more compassionate towards this "lady", she loved her daughter, grandson and would have done anything to save them.

Distress

Distress

Distress

anonymous

Birkhead is making a mistake seeing Dannielynn for the first time--I thought he supposed fight the baby battle case. He should stay away from her. What is wrong with this guy? He just wanted the money. He has been all the news network except FOX. I thought he supposed to keep his mouth quiet. After buying baby's stuff at the baby store in California --if he is not the father of Dannielynn he have to have a yard sale to sell all the baby's stuff. This is going to be funny.

Ramie

You people are crazy!!!!!!! Virgie is tryin to get the poor baby to make a profit off of. I now understand why Anna hated her mother. Anna did not want the baby to be with Virgie. CASE CLOSED. Dannielynn wont go to Virgie. Just because Anna is gone that doesnt mean its not her baby. The baby goes where Anna Nicole wants it to go. although all 3 of them make me sick to the point where I could fly to the Bahamas and take the baby myself obviously Virgie shouldnt get the baby no matter what!!!!!!

Ramie

Ya know, people say that Danielynn is better off w/o Anna but thats Bull. Anna may have had a few issues but it was doubt that Daniel loved her with all his heart. They were best friends. Besides, Anna had no time to bond with the baby- she was to busy greiving over he poor baby boy. Howard obviously loved Anna, he was with her for years, and stood by her side. Even though I think Birkhead is the father I still think Howard should have the baby. Or maybe Birkhead. Not sure. ANYBODY BUT VIRGIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RIP- Anna and Daniel. I pray for Dannielynn