"Idol" Blocks Rosie's "View" -- No Clips for You!

3/7/2007 2:20 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

"American Idol" is retaliating against Rosie O'Donnell and "The View" by forbidding the gabfest from showing "Idol" clips, after Rosie slammed the world's biggest TV show one too many times.

As is their habit, Rosie and the "View" crew started to talk about last night's "Idol," but had no video to go with it. Ro explained the lack of footage was because "Idol" was unhappy over her slamming of the judges, her suggestions about Paula's "possible inattentiveness," and her accusations of racism and sizeism on yesterday's broadcast.

Sagacious den mother Babwa put it best: "You don't insult them with your left hand and ask for favors with your right." And Joy suggested a solution for the problem -- putting an on-screen Ro-Screed disclaimer that warns, "Rosie's views are Rosie's."

JCM

It just sucks that the view doesn't have clips of american idol anymore. i think it was just of them but it is unfortunate for all the viewers of the view to not be able to be engaged in the conversations like in the past. i'm not sure what t think anymore about the show, rosie and joy are the only two people on the panel that make me even watch the show. i think elizabeth should go work somewhere else where she can go be around all the men.

cat

I am soooooooo tired of hearing about "R"'s inflamatory VIEWS. She is out of control. Get rid of the Big Mouth and bring back some class to the "View". BW, what were you thinking... Will continue not to watch. Bad enough I hear it in the news every day. Time for Big Mouth R to go!!!!!!!

Dray

This isn't a battle of the shows. When Rosie speaks, you can choose not to listen. As for AI, you have a multiculture female, a black male, and an English male with a black girlfriend. I hardly would see that as racist. Lest everyone forget, it is the PUBLIC that votes off the contestants, not the judges.

Olivia

It seems to me American Idol sure can dish it out but cannot take it themselves. Go Rosie!

labelexec

But really...do we need another fat black pop singer? Too fat to dance. Too fat to perform.

sick AND tired

Rosie has taken over at the View and well...I for one cant stand her anymore. She is a loud mouth broad. Ever notice that when anyone else tries to make a valid point or any point for that matter, she just barrels over them and tells them they dont know what they are talking about!??

Brian

I think AI has done the right thing. Rosie tries to keep things stirred up as much as possible to bring attention to herself for publicity reasons. Maybe we should start a show and watch her every move and report on it 24/7 and see how big girl likes it!

show me the $$

Gay, straight, or in between, nobody likes a big mouthed, opinionated broad. I used to like her, but I can't stand her now. She's rude, crude, and ignorant.

JLR

Boy do I agree with # 15. We never in a million thought Barbara would stoop so low for ratings. She use to be so respected when delivering the news and opinions. Now, I don't tune in for any of her specials. My father, friends and myself can't believe you got rid of Star for a Rosie, and we're wonding how low will you go for ratings??? Wawa, do you and Rosie have a thang going on?

Skins

Trump is right!

winoforever

yawn. who cares? i am proud to say (write) that i have NEVER watched an episode of american idol.

Practical

AI should have booted Antonella. That lame ass excuse I keep hearing that Frenchie was paid for her topless photos whereas this girls pictures were taken by friends and she was not paid is ridiculous. I'd much rather get paid for exposing my body. Antonella is a fool. I can't say its racism but there needs to be consistency on AI's part.

Michele

I wish they would get rid of Rosie. I quit watching the view because of her. She is just so dump and rude. She thinks he crap just doesn't stink. To the View get rid of her

I am Me

Here piggy piggy....here piggy piggy... Rosie..is such a piggus.

I could care less about AI...I could care even less for Rosie..barf

j

LOVE ROSIE.... SHE IS CARING AND THOUGHTFUL. AND LOVES TO GIVE TO OTHERS. SHE ISNT SNOOTY AND PRUDE LIKE THE TRUMPS OR BARBRA WALTERS. ROSIE IS DOWN TO EARTH AND SPEAKS FOR ALL OF US!. GO ROSIE
GO ROSIE
GO ROSIE
GO ROSIE
GO ROSIE
OH BTW IF U READ THESE COMMENTS,,,, ROSIE PLEASE GET THAT ANNOYING LITTLE GIRL ON THE VIEW OFF THE SHOW! MY GOD THAT ELIZABETH NEEDS SMACKED!