Perez Hilton Evens Score in Paparazzi Lawsuit

3/9/2007 2:15 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Perez HiltonMario Lavandeira, aka Perez Hilton, won round two in his court battle with a major Hollywood photo agency yesterday, when a judge ruled that the 'Gossip Gangstar' can continue to run his website while the $7.5 million case is being decided.

The paparazzi agency wanted PerezHilton.com shut down pending the result of the lawsuit.

Last month, a judge denied Perezzle's attempt to have the case dismissed.

Hilton, who runs the popular gossip website PerezHilton.com, was sued back in December after the agency claims he ignored warnings to stop using its images without permission. Hilton is known for taking celebrity pictures and making amusingly crude drawings on them.

"The court's ruling is further validation of our client's position in this dispute," Hilton's lawyer, Bryan J. Freedman, tells TMZ, "We continue to believe that Mr. Lavandeira ultimately will prevail on the legal merits at the time of trial in this matter."

Calls to the photo agency were not immediately returned.

Gossip Hog

When does all this stuff finally go to court???

Only in

Poster David Allen Coe/David Duke has been posting vial comments. He attacks anyone for no reason at all. It started when the Ann Coulter story came out. It appears he has issues to work out.

Rabb

Um, do you mean, VILE comments?

Arlene

Awwww Perez....

I think my days would be ruined if i didn't have cheap gossip to read during work hours...

Lock her up and throw away the key

Perez better be kissing Ms. Paris Hilton's ass right now; the ONLY reason he can even afford a lawyer is because Paris is his $$$ backer. Of course, that is the reason Perez woud never dare snark on his main investor on his blog which admittedly is very disappointing....

However, Paris made a smart business move; if he wasn't on her payroll she'd be skewered on his blog.

Angie

Perez is a fat pig who never writes anything bad about Paris Hilton and hates on Lindsay cuz Paris hates her. I hope he goes down!!!!!!!! LOSER

Lou

Gee, I wonder why TMZ will never mention Perez's dirty photos from that site.....

Lou

I don't know who this guy is but, damn, he is ugly!!

Lou

Perez Hilton plagarizes and steals photos. Why is TMZ even acknowledging that fraud?

Charlotte

So if Perez wins it will send a message that it's okay to steal someone elses work without permission. Can/does a judge really want to make that kind of statement?

Perez is going down. I would be crapping my pants! 7.5 million! OUCH

Lou

Perez is known for stealing from other blogs. TMZ is the idiot for giving this plagarist press. being funny is cool. stealing and plagarizing is not.

JULIE

Perezhilton.com is the WORST form of media ever!!!! I hope he gets whats coming to him!!!! What he says and the drawings he does on the celebrety's pic should be ILLEGAL!!!! I cant believe no one has sued him yet for them....

I LOVE TMZ BUT WHYYYYYYYYYYYY WOULD YOU EVEN ACKNOWLEDGE anything this thing (perez) does? Very disappointed that you guys are even covering this story!!!!

I TRUELY HOPE HE IS SHUT DOWN FOR GOOD!!!

I come from the same country he does, CUBA, and is embarrasing to me to the way he portrays himself and our people.........

AMERICA WE, CUBANS HAVE MORE CLASS THAN WHAT PEREZHILTON PORTRAYS!!!!

ronny

Lard Lad may have won this round, but he's guilty. I hope X17 shuts that pig down. Paris will have her own legal issues to deal with and may not be able to bail her fat ass lap dog out this time.

blah

#7 MK: why? because perez and tmz are both in bed with paris.

Wanda

"Hilton is known for taking celebrity pictures and making amusingly crude drawings on them"

You're kidding, right? Just goes to prove that one man's "amusingly crude" is another man's 7th grade bathroom humor.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments