Opri to Birkhead -- I'll Hit Play, You Pay

4/2/2007 1:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Debra Opri was rollin' on dubs, and now she expects Larry Birkhead to pay.

TMZ broke the story over the weekend that Opri sent Birkhead a legal bill totaling more than $620,000 for charges that include fees for Opri's personal publicist, time spent at Anna's funeral and wildly expensive dinners.

But wait, there's more. TMZ has learned there are a number of charges in the bill for dubbing copies of Opri's TV appearances. For example, on October 4, 2006, Opri billed Birkhead $435 for getting dubs of seven appearances on Los Angeles television, including the 11 PM newscast on KCBS.

Were these dubs necessary for the case, or were they part of Opri's resume reel? You be the judge.

Loretta

OH FOR GOODNESS SAKE, GIVE ME A BREAK!!!! DEBRA OPRI IS ONE OF THE "BEST" QUALIFIED AND I'M CERTAIN SHE AND LARRY WILL WORK THINGS OUT AND SHE WILL BE PAID. IS THIS BILL "FOR REAL" OR JUST SOMETHING TO MAKE CONVERSATION WITH? YOU BE DA JUDGE.........

sandcastles4me

Goes to show all she cared about is the almighty dollar too! just like Howard K. Stern. Poor Larry please someone give the guy a break and give him his DNA results soon.

lez

I don't understand why is Debra doing this to Larry. Talk about kicking someone when they are down. She came off as really sincere. I guess money drives you to do things. You know all these players invovled in the Anna Nicole saga have been affected in all ways imaginable. Larry is fighting for his daughter, which is what I can't say for most of these grimmy baby daddies in the world, who run from responsibilty. I understand it takes money to live, but com on $620 thousand dollars, oh and lets not forget the bargain price of $511 thousand if he accepts her bill right now. ooooooh what a bargain, Is she SERIOUS!!!!!

somegirl

She's only hurting herself with these revenge charges. Who wants to hire a lawyer and ultimately sign their soul over to the devil? She always seemed a bit controlling and over the top to me and this just proves it. Of course she's due compensation for her work, but many of her charges are ridiculous. Basically she's saying, "You do what I say or I'll ruin you!" How can Larry just come off $600,00 just like that? If Dannielynn is his daughter, maybe Larry can sue Howard for all of this.

Zula

If the Court TV Attorneys' are right -- and Opri had a contract or deal with Larry -- to be paid a certain percentage of any "Book and Movie Deals" Larry made with Opri -- as a way to cover the cost of her Attorney Fees -- then is it possible she could claim these clips were being purchased as a part of those upcoming Book and Movie deals?

Maybe she planned on selling copies of these dubbs to the movie company and making a profit off of them for Larry?

Please come join in the discussions here:

Vanessa

Debra Opri has used the media to increase her popularity, in order to get more cases, unfortunately she is trying to do it via Larry Birkhead.

DON'T LET HER WIN LARRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BLESS YOU & DANNIELYNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rose

Props to the Grande Ole Opri, the pit bull of the American legal profession for not only padding her bra, but also padding her expenses. Anna would be proud!

Tracy

This woman is a useless bitch

new @ this

DO knws she won't get this outta LB. This is another piece of her game. She wants 2 b involved still. She knew this bill would b leaked, there4, getting her name back out there. She had WAY 2 much control over LB.

mickey lou

Shame on you Deb for charging Larry for all the free publicity you have received!

She was no different than any other former stripper still trying to make money off her body at almost 40

Larry Birkhead --- WHAT DID YOU EXPECT? Did you think that Opri would be so THRILLED to represent you that she would do it for FREE???!!!! THINK AGAIN BUDDY, YOU (and/or your twin brother) DECIDED YOU WANTED TO PLAY IN THE BIG LEAGUES. YOUR CLAIM TO FAME IS SCREWING A DRUG FREAK AND YOU COULD BE ONE OF PROBABLY SEVERAL DOZEN GUYS THAT COULD BE THE FATHER --- YOU PLAY, YOU HAVE TO PAY! DUH, what does your contract with Opri state? I am sure charges are outlined there.
Time to step up to the plate and BE A MAN!!

Barbara

Makes you want to hire her for your Attorney huh? Guess she thought the publicity she would get with this case would help her, then ... this. LMAO. So THATS why he fired her.
Can't wait til Virgie (Satan) Arthur gets HER bill.

Allison

You can't buy that kind of publicity... oh wait, yes you can... to the tune of over 600K!

Animal Lover

Opri was our hero for awhile, now she's become a villain. Just what are people made of these days....it sucks because it's ALL ABOUT THE MONEY!!!!! I thought she was just the icing on the cake when she took over Larry's case only to find out she's just a money grubbing SOB. Of course she has the right to charge, but her charges are just absurd...$1000 dinners???? "Lucy you need sum splainin".

Charlie

I personally liked Debra when she was Larry's attorney. I don't know the truth about why they parted ways but that bill is absolutely outrageous. Debra please show Larry some compassion here. It was my understanding that you were more concerned about Dannielynn than money, but my regret is that I see I was very wrong. I would really like to have the respect back that I felt for you before this bill.