Alec Baldwin's

Threatening Message to Daughter

4/22/2007 4:05 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

An enraged Alec Baldwin unleashed a volcanic tirade of threats and insults on his 11-year-old daughter, Ireland, calling her a "thoughtless little pig," and bashing her mother Kim Basinger -- and TMZ has obtained the whole thing unfiltered and raw. And we've learned, a family law judge was so alarmed after hearing the tape, she has temporarily barred Baldwin from having any contact with his child.

Alec Baldwin Daughter Phone Message
After Ireland failed to answer her father's scheduled morning phone call from New York on April 11, Alec went berserk on her voice mail, saying "Once again, I have made an ass of myself trying to get to a phone," adding, "you have insulted me for the last time."

Switching his train of thought, Baldwin then exercised his incredible parenting skills and took a shot at his ex-wife, declaring, "I don't give a damn that you're 12-years-old or 11-years-old, or a child, or that your mother is a thoughtless pain in the ass who doesn't care about what you do." The irate Baldwin went on to say, "You've made me feel like s**t" and threatened to "straighten your ass out."

"This crap you pull on me with this goddamn phone situation that you would never dream of doing to your mother," screamed Baldwin, "and you do it to me constantly over and over again."

Before hanging up, Baldwin warned the child, "You better be ready Friday the 20th to meet with me." That's tomorrow.

We've learned that on Wednesday, Los Angeles County Superior Court commissioner Maren Nelson heard the tape and temporarily suspended Baldwin's visitation rights. A hearing is set for May 4, where the judge could permanently deny Baldwin visitation or contact with Ireland.

Calls to Basinger's attorneys, celebrity lawyers Neal Hersh and Judy Bogen, were not returned.

Baldwin's lawyer, Vicki Greene, told TMZ, "Whatever happened yesterday was sealed and confidential. What you're telling me you've got you shouldn't have."

UPDATE: Basinger's publicist, Annette Wolfe, told TMZ: "The voicemail speaks for itself."

UPDATE: A friend of Alec Baldwin's just contacted TMZ to say that the actor called Ireland last week and apologized for his outburst. The friend added that Ireland is the most important thing in the world to Alec and that he is frustrated because over the last six years, Kim has "tried everything" to alienate Ireland from him.

UPDATE: Alec Baldwin's spokesperson released the following statement to the TV show "EXTRA": "In the best interest of the child, Alec will do what the mother is pathologically incapable of doing ... keeping his mouth shut and obeying the court order. The mother and her lawyer leaked this sealed material in violation of a court order. Although Alec acknowledges that he should have used different language in parenting his child, everyone who knows him privately knows what he has been put through for the past six years."

Tracy

The real poll question should have been: Do you think there should be legal ramifications for Kim and her legal team breaking the court order?

Let's face it. His words were not appropriate; however, it seems as though this man has been repeatedly pushed to the edge while trying to maintain a relationship with his child. The court should deal with Ms. Bassinger and her legal team harshly.

A VET

I bet his wife and daughter wish that this obnoxious jerk had kept his promise to leave the country if Bush were to be re-elected, I know I sure do

Jszee

Hmmm...Its about time Alec! I was working in a hotel 4yrs ago when Kim and Ireland stayed there. Kim put unreal requests on the hotel employees and one of those requests was that a seperate phone line be installed in their room for Alec to call his daughter. Seems Kim's been at it for a while.

Ann Peterson

Though the things Mr. Baldwin said to his daughter didn't seem at all appropriate....I think it is just as dispicable that his private phone conversations could be broadcast to the world. This seems to be a family matter that should remain in the family.

FERNANDO

I don't wonder about this guy's remarks to his child. I thought at first he was talking to an enemy or another guy, but talking to his little daughter...., is beyond belief.... All these so called "macho" movie stars think they own the world and the world owes them something becuase their image is proyected on a big movie screen....
What is wrong with these bastards..., its really amaysing...
I am sure something really bad is coming on this upsidedown world some time soon..., too many weird things happening...

Brenda

You better call a judge and take my kids away! I've gotten upset with them over not having the cell phone on when I need to get a hold of them!

abused also

I can't belive that ex wife would clean her laundry out in public. Only reason would be for her own personal gain and she has just showed her daughter how to play the get what you want in life or else game. What in the world are we teaching our kids. Why are they out of control with viginia ,columbine and more is to come if this is not stopped now. Every parent has tried to walk the line and gets mad-it is ok for child to express their feelings but not the parents. Maybe if they had not had every thing given to them I also am guilty of, they would learn to respect more. I think kim has realy taken the cake along with her attorney's. The also should be stopped. They are not worried about any thing but the al mighty BUCK!!!

ABC

Alec Baldwin is still here? I thought he did us all a favor and left the country after the last election.

Teach

Alec is known for tirades, cursing, striking out and an uncontrolled temper. This is just another incident in a long line of incidents. The man needs anger management not people excusing him for irrational behavior. If he has a probelm with Kim, settle it with her don't take it out on the kid and then say, "It wasn't really my fault, its the situation." That's just another crappy way to avoid taking responsibility for an alligator mouth. He needs to grow up.

Cindy

I think it's sad for Alec and his daughter. I don't think he should have his visitation rights suspended because he spoke harshly to his daughter. Only the two of them know why he spoke to her that way and she probably deserved it. According to his message she has no regard for his feelings or his time. The kids today have no respect for their parents, and it's worst when you have one parent pitting the kid against the other. If Kim doesn't stop now her daughter will be troubled for a long time. I hope Ireland finds her way back to her father and they can have a healthy and loving relationship. My husband does the same thing with our only child so I can relate.

katzackmomma

I can truly understand how frustrating it is when children are inconsiterate to parents or other adults. I can hear the true frustration in his voice that I know I have had in mine so many times. I think that he should have every right to straighten her out if that is necessary. Everyone seems to be so afraid of repremanding the kids, but parents should not feel like they need to back down in fear of a misrepresentation of child abuse versus discipline. People should let Alec and Kim hash it out as parents and leave their personal lives alone. This is a parenting issue and a divorce issue and should be left to their own privacy. I say good job Alec for trying to hold Ireland resposible for her own actions.

Anne

Those of us who are not close to the family do not know the whole story. The judge should make an unbiased decision. If I had had my way, my granddaughter would have never seen her mother again, but she wants to. This couple should compromise and not air dirty laundry. They should try to get along for the child's sake. She loves both of them unconditionally. We know they cannot love each other, but they can try to get along so she can live a more normal life with separated and divorced parents.

Cora

While Mr. Baldwin has never been one of my favorites, I think he should be commended for trying to keep his child on the right path. He probably could of chosen a better vocabulary, but at least he cares enought about his child to say or do SOMETHING.

BS

I feel Alec Baldwin was wrong in what he did and should loose his visitation rights unless his daughter chooses to see him. I've seen my own grandson go through this with is Father and the abuse was horrible and the courts just kept sending him back for more. Now he is old enough to go when he chooses. ( And he dosen't Why should the children suffer when two people can no longer live together I have always felt the children should have a normal life in one place, Let the parents go back and forth. And being a parent Mr Baldwin does not give you the right to speak to your child like you did. You may have the right to disa pline. But NO one at any age has to let ANY one call them names.........

rita

i feel that alec is going through such frustration because of his scorned wife. i do feel kim is using and controling their daughter against him for her own satisfaction, enough for him to leave a message on his daughters answering machine. she got what she wanted, to show how out of control he can get. Well, i feel for him,i believe he cares more about his daughter than she does, no loving mother uses their child to get revenge for her feelings for her x. SHAME ON KIM. HOPE THE JUDGE READS INTO HER MOTIVES. What he said to his daughter is "we are going to have a long talk, " rightfully so, he reacted like most parents would under his circumstances. My heart goes out to him. Tired of men always looking like the bad guy.