Alec Baldwin's

Threatening Message to Daughter

4/22/2007 4:05 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

An enraged Alec Baldwin unleashed a volcanic tirade of threats and insults on his 11-year-old daughter, Ireland, calling her a "thoughtless little pig," and bashing her mother Kim Basinger -- and TMZ has obtained the whole thing unfiltered and raw. And we've learned, a family law judge was so alarmed after hearing the tape, she has temporarily barred Baldwin from having any contact with his child.

Alec Baldwin Daughter Phone Message
After Ireland failed to answer her father's scheduled morning phone call from New York on April 11, Alec went berserk on her voice mail, saying "Once again, I have made an ass of myself trying to get to a phone," adding, "you have insulted me for the last time."

Switching his train of thought, Baldwin then exercised his incredible parenting skills and took a shot at his ex-wife, declaring, "I don't give a damn that you're 12-years-old or 11-years-old, or a child, or that your mother is a thoughtless pain in the ass who doesn't care about what you do." The irate Baldwin went on to say, "You've made me feel like s**t" and threatened to "straighten your ass out."

"This crap you pull on me with this goddamn phone situation that you would never dream of doing to your mother," screamed Baldwin, "and you do it to me constantly over and over again."

Before hanging up, Baldwin warned the child, "You better be ready Friday the 20th to meet with me." That's tomorrow.

We've learned that on Wednesday, Los Angeles County Superior Court commissioner Maren Nelson heard the tape and temporarily suspended Baldwin's visitation rights. A hearing is set for May 4, where the judge could permanently deny Baldwin visitation or contact with Ireland.

Calls to Basinger's attorneys, celebrity lawyers Neal Hersh and Judy Bogen, were not returned.

Baldwin's lawyer, Vicki Greene, told TMZ, "Whatever happened yesterday was sealed and confidential. What you're telling me you've got you shouldn't have."

UPDATE: Basinger's publicist, Annette Wolfe, told TMZ: "The voicemail speaks for itself."

UPDATE: A friend of Alec Baldwin's just contacted TMZ to say that the actor called Ireland last week and apologized for his outburst. The friend added that Ireland is the most important thing in the world to Alec and that he is frustrated because over the last six years, Kim has "tried everything" to alienate Ireland from him.

UPDATE: Alec Baldwin's spokesperson released the following statement to the TV show "EXTRA": "In the best interest of the child, Alec will do what the mother is pathologically incapable of doing ... keeping his mouth shut and obeying the court order. The mother and her lawyer leaked this sealed material in violation of a court order. Although Alec acknowledges that he should have used different language in parenting his child, everyone who knows him privately knows what he has been put through for the past six years."

Tara

Although we can all agree that it was not appropriate for Mr. Baldwin to take out his frustration on the child, we also do not know how pushed to the limit he was, I'm sure.

I would give THE WORLD, if my ex-husband would EVER call his sons! I would go into shock if he even called to say happy birthday. I hope Kim knows how lucky she is to have her child's father wanting to keep in touch.

None of us know the whole story. It would be my bet that Alec has left countless sweet messeges to Ireland, asking her to call him, or that he was dissappointed he missed her. I bet Kim didn't run to the courthouse with those!

He lost it! We all do! Unfortunately it was on tape, and never should have been released.

I have "lost it "with my kids a couple of times. But they know also how much I love them.

richie

It must be Bush's fault

jane

I think Kim Basinger is completely to blame. Alec is not responsible in any way. If I got snubbed or if I thought someone said something bad about me to my child, I would feel completely justified to go into a rage and lose control and threaten, insult, demean, villify and verbally attack my child in response. I think parents should be allowed to say or do anything they want to their children. The alienation is all KIM'S fault if she intervened to protect Ireland from this in any way over the years and especially if she might have said or implied anything negative about Alec to Ireland in the process. He is not responsible for anything attacking or caustic or violent that he says or does at any time or the effect it has on anyone, especially not his 11 year old daughter. It is completely everyone else's fault and the outcome is everyone else's doing. Not only that, everyone knows he was an utterly reasonable and respectful guy until Kim made him do these things by pissing him off. I hope you people can see how absolutely ridiculous this is. The guy is a blamer and a manipulator and a bully. Period. You reap what you sow.

Wayne

Kim needs to teach her brat of daughter (daughter like Mom) that court orders are to be obeyed and respected. Kim should be the one in trouble, not Alec. Kids today are out of hand and society is paying for it.

bobby79

Liberals.

angrymob

Small wonder Kim is trying to protect her daughter from this guy. That kind of verbal abuse can be worse than physical abuse in the long run. Yes, as parents, we all get angry and lose our cool sometimes. GOOD parents refrain from destroying their children's esteem. If I were in that child's place, I'd be terrified of him.

Joyce

What is the matter with the vindictive mother? To put that out to the public is not only cruel but stupid. Alec Baldwin has tried very hard to be a constant figure in his daughter's life. A parent that plays that kind of a game (that Kim Basinger) is playing will pay for that when the child is grown and has a mind of her own. Divorce is hard on everyone(I know from experience) but to degrade the other parent is the worst thing she could do.

Elizabeth

I cannot believe people are excusing Alec Baldwin's reprehensible treatment of his daughter. I have no doubt this abusive phone call is just the tip of the iceberg. The man is obviously unstable and potentially dangerous. The judge should deny him visitation rights. At the very least, Alec should not be permitted to call his daughter. If he is allowed visitation, it should be under close supervision. I don't care what Alec Baldwin has been through over the past six years; he has no business taking his anger and frustrations out on his poor daughter. Ireland is the victim -- not Alec Baldwin. Abusers always blame somebody else for their rotten behavior. Alec, you are a poor excuse for a father and a human being. Grow up and take responsibility for YOUR abuse of Ireland.

Carm

I cannot believe what this selfish jerk has done yet again. This time to his daughter. And God only knows how many other times he has said this to her in private. This ass doesnt deserve to be a father to this little girl. And blaming the child for this is utterly ridiculous. I have never cared for Alec and this outburst just makes my point about him even clearer. He is an ass who thinks of nobody but himself and what is happening to him. Without regard to what he says. I have NEVER in my life said the things he said to his daughter, to my kids and I NEVER would. Have I gotten angry and said some things I probably shouldnt have, but I have NEVER used the profanity and utter disregard and disrespect that he has shown his daughter.

jay

Typical liberal jerk. He should be arrested. You have to feel sorry for his poor daughter. Jerk doesn't even know how old she is. Kim was smart enough to dump the looser.

Wendy

Alec has been known for his temper. Obviously she does do it all the time. But he knows why? Mom could be behind it???? Or, she could just simply not want to talk to him if he is always like this. Either way, you don't talk to a child like that. You don't take out your anger, or frustration on a child, and you sure don't threaten them like like. It just shows what kind of parent he is, and sheds some light on how he is as a father, and was as a husband. HIs anger towards Kim, obviously gets taken out on Ireland. If you're divorced, you shouldn't even be disgussing or saying negative comments towards the other parent. And dont think that I don't know what I'm talking about. I'm divorced. My daughter chooses not to have a realtionship with her Dad because of the way that he is and was to her growing up. But, my son does have one, and that's his choice. Either way, there is no excuse no matter how many times she hasn't answered her phone. He could have handeled it better.

KIM

I THINK HE TOOK OUT HIS ANGER ON HIS DAUGHTER THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN DIRECTED AT HER MOTHER. NO ONE SHOULD SPEAK TO A CHILD LIKE THAT SPOILED OR NOT. THERE ARE OTHER WAYS TO HANDLE MISSING A PHONE CALL BESIDE BEING CALLED A PIG. ALEX SEEMS TO NEED TO LEARN SOME CONTROL OF HIS ANGER AND OF ALL PEOPLE I KNOW IT IS HARD TO DO AT TIMES. K

Tweety Bird

How unfortunate! Mr Baldwin and 'wife' are already in an acrimonious divorce. I don't know what happened between them but this anger passes on to whomever he deals with....even though it may be an eventual and not imediate reaction. He is 'hotheaded' (Baldwin by nature) and the mother of the child IS probably a tease and a spoiled pretty woman actress type used to having her own way.....perhaps..... But the child should be shown to always respect adults unless her life is in danger or he's (or she's) a sexual deviant....which I doubt! Because this is a raw and drawn out divorce there should have been visits with a third party mediater always present...even if the child visits outside of the home. I feel he HAS been done an injustice of sorts but he flew off the handle....and it was taped and broadcasted in a public forum where it should have been played to him and discussed with a counselor present as to why, when, where, how this came about and how to resolve it as thoughtful adults.. It is a situation created by the parents and perhaps this child is used as a pawn to incite one against the other. Come on parents.....grow up and remember a child is prone to permanent scarring!

Craig

Alec,

You should have kept your promise and left the country after Bush won...your daughter would be better off.

shesshire katss

Assholes are as assholes do!!!!