"Gilmore" -- Goodbye Girls

5/3/2007 3:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Alexis Bledel & Lauren GrahamSay goodbye to Stars Hollow -- "Gilmore Girls" is officially over. Get out your kleenex.

In a statement to TMZ, the CW and Warner Bros. Television says it is "a truly sad moment for everyone" and promises to "give this series the send-off it deserves."

Sources tell TMZ that there were ongoing negotiations with the suits and the actresses in an effort to bring the show back for another season, but they were unable to seal the deal.

The final episode of the show, which launched the careers of Alexis Bledel and "Heroes" star Milo Ventimiglia, airs May 15.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

oliver_vienna

Using GG´s machinegun dialogues only to train my english listening comprehension first...I must give in, I became an addict.

One could think the show wouldn´t go for as many seasons as B&B...but one or two more seasons would have been fine.

lorelai' s fans!!

mi mom and i love this great show! we are from argentina and we followed every season like crazy! we just want ti congratulate the cast...you were exceptional and we hope to have the chance to see everybody again...THANKSSS!!!

mispersonality

this was the greatest show i`ve ever watched!!!!!!!!!!!! it was beautiful and funny I cried my eyes out when it ended!!!!!!! still am!!!! thank you for such a great show!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love you lorelai and rory and everyone!!!!!!!!!!!! i`ll miss you forever!!!!! goodbye!!!!!!!!!!!

Brianne

Thank Goodness we have the Gilmore Girls on DVD! I will surely miss the Gilmore's, and Luke, and Sookie and everyone else on that wonderful witty show. All things must come to an end. But we will always keep our good friends in our hearts. Including the Gilmores! So long Fare well( I don't know the rest of the song. You'll need to watch the Sound of Music). Alexis you're awsome, who knows maybe I'll run into you some day. Lauren, I LOVE HORSES TOO! Now off to your new destinations the two of you. I don't like saying Goodby, so I'll just say: See ya later alligators.

Jeff

Lauren Graham is one sweet babe!

L. Andersson

It's about time it comes to an end. These past two seasons were painful to watch. Good bye Rory. Lorelai, we will miss you. Maybe she can move to LA and join Dr. Addison in the Grey's Anatomy spinoff.

tinkerbell

This show was still on?

Marisol

OMG OMG OMG!!!! THERE WONT BE ANOTHER SEASON OF GILMORE GIRLS!!! IM SO GONNA START CRYING. WHAT AM I GONNA DO ON TUESDAY NIGHTS NOW. THIS IS SO SAD.

Ladyting

I am so sad, I know there maybe amny people overjoyed. this is one of the few shows I watched. I absolutly loved this show. to the point that no one could call me when they were on. never the less I wish the entire cast well in there future endevors.

gilmorefreak

It's so sad the direction it all went in. Once Amy and Dan were out they didn't put any heart into it. The new writers tried, but not well. It was nice while it lasted, but without the creators it's better off dead...

Wendi

I love the show, but they can't do it forever...good bye, good bye.

stamojozim

It's about time...

What's wrong with her face in this picture?

I'm so sad that it's going to be over in just a matter of weeks. I thought it would be back one more season. I hope they wrap up the Loreli / Luke story with a big wedding.

Heather

Noooooooooo!!!!!! One more year!!!!!!!!! It needs more than the few last episodes to tie everything up.

patty cake

bummer,. its my guily pleasure. RIP GGs.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments