Sharpton Marches Against Words He Won't Apologize For

5/3/2007 4:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Reverend Al Sharpton took to the streets of Manhattan today to protest sexism, racism and homophobia in music, however, the soapboxer has a history of firing off blatantly offensive slurs himself -- for which he's reportedly never apologized. Hypocritical?

According to published accounts, Sharpton publicly bashed former NYC Mayor David Dinkins as "a n----r whore," and once referred to his political opponents as "recycled white trash." Sharpton has also never publicly renounced his 1991 inflammatory public remarks against "diamond merchants" -- after which a Harlem mob singled out a random 29-year-old Jewish rabbinical student -- and stabbed him to death.

During a recent debate at the National Action Network Convention, Sean Hannity resurrected the bigoted soundbites from Sharpton's past ... which begs the question: If Imus had been armed with the same research during his face-to-face with the influential Rev, would he still have his job? Too little, too late.

Calls to Sharpton's rep were not returned.

Joanne

The guy is not only a racist jew hater, trouble maker, he is a criminal and hypocrit and any idiot who listens to him is demeaning himself. He comes out of the closet anytime something happens to the blacks, and creates more rascism and riots. Why doesnt he put his so called popularity or resources to good use by helping the people he cares about instead of creating more hatred and blaming others for the problems of black people. They guy is disgusting.

They about to get paid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

al the crackhead sharpton,how maney babies do you have out of wed-lock?10-20? you will always be a leader of your people,but never leader of this country,you can lead a tribe but never anything else

MC

Where is the apology for the Duke players?

crymeariver

amen...he gets away with what imus gets fired for

Swanny

I am curious - why is it okay for the black community to say any derogatory remark they want but no one - I mean - NO ONE - is allowed to say anything derogatory about the blacks? I guess I am a prejudice person. I am prejudice against anyone that is not nice!!!! I am not prejudice against the blacks, jewish, spanish, asian, ..... blah blah what ever!! I hate the fact that we have categorize people period. If you are not nice & say bad things I don't care for you much. If you are decent I will like you now matter what color, faith, size etc etc..... I could go on & on about the different categories but that is senseless. Does anyone out there agree with me???? People are people, plain & simple. I like people & it doesn't matter what neighborhood they come from or country. I am Canadian, I am sure people don't like me because of that!

Willy

Compared to Sharpton, Saddam was an angel.

God Has a Furnace waiting for Sharpton to STOKE !

Your'e Fired!

He is ABSURD!!!!!!!! He Talks just to make NOISE!!!!!!!! Just Shut Up already!!!!!!!!!!!

Sebastian

The Imus event and Duke Lie ,should be a wake up call to America, avoid Blacks
like you would avoid a DEADLY PLAGUE--
By observation it is apparent that these people will never civilize ie: The heathen life style
bastard children, drugs, killing , crime, and a lazy worthless existence--No society has been the opportunities that the black has been given--Protect yourself and your family----
And if you think you have black friends
You best rethink your POSITION !!!!

I call bullshit

every time this loser opens his yap he pushes race relations back another 5 years...

big fat, bald white guy who loves everyone except Paris

I'm black and I agree with you Fatty.

Your'e Fired!

.....................................Imus, you've got your job back!!!!!.....................................................

Dawn

Sharpton is a blood sucking vampire - He wants us to hate and blame everyone else. People like Sharpton like to pull everyone down the gutter because that's how low you have to go to make that JackAss feel important.

Margo

This is a preacher - that doesn't practice what he preaches?

Naomi Carl

Sharpton is a disgrace to humanity PERIOD!!!! He degrades the title of Reverand and is no more a man of God than Micheal Jackson and his buddy Jesse jackson they are a DISGRACE to even their own race..For anyone to even call him Reverand is a disgrace. Like one commenter said his time will come and being a so called reverand he should know that. Take him and Jackson to the moon and leave them there, then they can shine all they want.

kourtney

Al Sharpton is a waste of space. He bashes white people for everything under the moon but he sits there and does the same if not worse and it is all perfectly fine. I really think that this man is pushing our country backwards not forward. He needs to be shut up, for good!