Paris -- I'm Not Above the Law

5/9/2007 4:39 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Paris Hilton has issued the following statement through attorney Richard Hutton:

"After reading the media's coverage of my court hearing, I feel the need to correct what I believe are misperceptions about me. I absolutely realize how serious driving under the influence is. I could not live with myself if anyone was injured or killed while I was driving while impaired. Clearly, no one should -- no matter how slightly.

I am ready to face the consequences of violating probation.

No one is above the law. I surely am not. I do not expect to be treated better than anyone else who violated probation. However, my hope is that I will not be treated worse."

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

OsamaBomba

Listen to these obviously-COACHED speeches (written by James Carville, no doubt):

"I absolutely realise how serious driving under the influence is. I could not live with myself if anyone was injured or killed while I was driving while impaired."

But ENDANGERING "the little people" is just fine and dandy with her.

"I'm not above the law."

NOOOO--- her royal highness just she just thinks she deserves a PARDON for deliberately violating probation!

"I just want fair treatment."

So do we-- and what would WE get for a similar offense?

It seems she's been vomiting all over the rest of us all her life, and now she thinks she's entitled-- but I'd forgive her if she's just go away and never come back, since this arrest will just mean free publicity-- even more than giving enemas at fat-camp. Unfortunately, I think "we'll always have Paris."

krystal

wow! If she goes to jail she goes to jail, which she should, she's a blonde head trophy wife skank, who deserves to go thier! who's naieve to think she's a decent person/hard worker entertainer. She's an aneroexic bitch and the whole world knows it, the people protesting to get her out just want to fit her mold of "perfectioness". She stars in a reality tv show which she admits isn't really reality, and if she's going to jail for a suspended license then she should go to jail, and under the influence of alcohol, she shoudlnt have a group of protesters to get her out then if she's caught doing things, just cuz she's a celeb. Were all american citizens and the law doesnt excuse someone cuz thier a celeb, the fact that people are protesting for her to be freed with excusese like, she shouldn't cuz she didn't do this or that or only dirtballs go thier is insane.

RJ

To #446 -

=oO!!!

OMG my eyes are burning out of their sockets. AUGH!

Judibabesiowa

www.myspace.com/hiltonhotelprotest

tz

It is obvious that her attorney wrote that! I don't believe a word of it.

C Green

I bet she came up with that comment all by her little dumb self!!

yeahso?

This means she KNOWS that she can't buy her way out of it and is trying to sway public opinion back in her favor.

Had Enough

Then stop saying how unfair your sentence was and accept your punishment like you said you would.

By the way, PH's lawyer needs to use his spell check for all the money the Hilton's are spending. Better is spelled with two 't's.

nonoyourwrong

Does this mean shes going to stop whining and take her punishment like she should?

blair

Paris should get 3 days tops, then they should let her go. There are way more important things to worry about then this crap. Money talks and it should talk her way right out of this mess. My fingers are crossed for you girl!!

m15

I think that's a fair statement. She shouldn't be treated worse. I think Paris is a decent person and hard worker/entertainer. She shouldn't be attacked like this.

no one

dont believe it!!!!!!!!!!! Its a bunch of crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Christina Lundberg

What a load of crap! She definately thinks she is above the law and is now trying to appear humble so the powers that be will lessen her sentence.

big joe