Paris -- I'm Not Above the Law

5/9/2007 4:39 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Paris Hilton has issued the following statement through attorney Richard Hutton:

"After reading the media's coverage of my court hearing, I feel the need to correct what I believe are misperceptions about me. I absolutely realize how serious driving under the influence is. I could not live with myself if anyone was injured or killed while I was driving while impaired. Clearly, no one should -- no matter how slightly.

I am ready to face the consequences of violating probation.

No one is above the law. I surely am not. I do not expect to be treated better than anyone else who violated probation. However, my hope is that I will not be treated worse."

Jenn

spin spin spin

ren

That statement is nothing but phony DAMAGE CONTROL thought up by her new lawyer. While I think its ridiculous that Paris got 45 days for this particular crime (considering Snoop Dogg was charged with drugs and weapons crimes and received NO JAIL TIME), I do think she needs to learn a lesson. She is a spoiled rich bitch who paid her bitch of a media rep to take the blame, hoping it would keep her out of trouble. She got a big eye opener - her spoiled "I PAY PEOPLE TO DO EVERYTHING FOR ME" attitude only got her in more trouble.

Judibabesiowa

www.myspace.com/hiltonhotelprotest

Smashex

Uh, you're not above the law... so get your ass ready for jail. DUI = JAIL.
California Law states that... so, PAY YOUR FINE, DO YOUR TIME, and SHUT THE HELL UP!

Nasty woman... think your important cause you were born with that silver spoon in your mouth. You're not... remember that.

I think the punishment should be.... Pay Fine, Jail Time, Community service (want you on the side of the freeway CLEANING IT!), also something along the lines of Alcohol monitoring. Keep you clean.. you'll learn how not to be an idiot.

*GO TO JAIL, DO NOT PASS GO, DO NOT BLAME EVERYONE ELSE FOR YOUR MISTAKES!!!!"

A

blair - how can you have it both ways? support Paris? may I remind you that she is white?
you need to jump back to the dupri story and go on with your hate against white people campaign

lala

Don;t Give Up Paris! You have fans honey, and those who don't like you do not matter! You were treated unfairly, you deserve better and I understand you.. stay strong, please please please DO NOT GIVE UP!

Suspicious Minds

This is soooooo not Paris! It's way to educated sounding to be her. Don't believe it for a second. She just thinks she's above everyone else just because she is PARIS.

ANNA

NICE PR team on these boards!! HEHEHE! Paris is going to JAIL!! LMAO!

ivy

Too little too late A-hole.

SP

RED ALERT!! DAMAGE CONTROL!!!

If ridicule could kill, we would have a party at her funeral. I am pretty sure she does not beleive a letter of what is written. If she would really accept the consequences for her actions, she would not appeal (hopefully the appeal judge will say 45 days is too lenient, here 90 days instead), and she would ask if she can go sooner.

But she is Paris- I'm above the law-Hilton. So the miracle will not happen.

My thoughts go to LA road users who never know if the car near by them is a celebrity who think he/she is above the law.

michelle

sounds like paris took ty pennington's apology and tweeked it for her own use. millions of dollars buy awesome representation like hers....nice...

I love it!

She must have found out some pretty CRAPPY news today. Whoever wrote it Finally she realizes she's not above anyone.

Ashlea

How can some people support this loser? It kind of scares me. Either your very dumb or very young and naive.

She's obviously trying to do damage control, probably a her lawyer's suggestion. I can't wait till she finally does her time.

Dawn Day

READ? Of course she didn't write that! She has publically stated that she has 'people' who read her mail for her for crying out loud. She only looks at the pictures of herself. Read? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Give it up chick! We feel for ya but if you manage to get around the law cuz of your public displays of boo hooing then I hate to say it but you will be damned by the comments I have read.

Tired of Paris Hilton and clan

yawn; She's a bore! and a hypocrite!